Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Werde WIP

• 56 Replies

Werde

Werde WIP
« on: Sep 05, 2013, 01:37 PM »
It only took me about a year, but I am finally getting everything going.

I have most of my soft parts, plating, and helmet. I'm missing boots, a weapon, and probably a loin cloth (in lieu of a cod) to go with a girth belt.

This week has mostly been painting (as seen by my helmet here http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=67012.0)

So I got most of the chest and leg plates (except for the knees) primed and painted, and I started the weathering process with masking fluid.

And here are thighs with the next coat

I'm going to use a black and purple color scheme, as a homage to my SWTOR toon

More to come soon!

Lem'zig Dee

• WEAPON OF MASS PERCUSSION
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Werde WIP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2013, 03:11 PM »
Looking good!   ;D  Might be a good idea to take a picture with them taped on you before you get to far along painting.  Need to make sure they fit you correctly.

IG  -  @suzylamoureuxdrums

Werde

« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Looking good!   ;D  Might be a good idea to take a picture with them taped on you before you get to far along painting.  Need to make sure they fit you correctly.

I shall do that once this coat of paint is dry! I did a test run on my own and it seemed to fit well, but I definitely want outside opinions!

Werde

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Alright, got my plates all taped on after I peeled off the first bit of weathering.

Now it is time for the purple layer!

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Sizing and spacing looks pretty good to me, though the collar plate should really be closer to the base of your neck. However moving it up would of course leave a gap between it and your chest plates. You may need to add another narrow spacer plate, but it might pay to get an app team member to chime in first :)

Werde

« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2013, 07:24 PM »
I think once I have the helmet on it won't look so far down. I had tried to place everything up a bit higher, but the neck plate didn't lay flat enough for my liking since I am not very broad in the shoulders. I also have the Mandalorian Arsenal Night Owl plate set, so I'm considering using that neck plate with this kit (which is not as wide, so would fit up higher) if the app team thinks it's too low.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2013, 08:08 PM »
That looks great!

I agree that your collar should come up more.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2013, 08:14 PM »
I like it! Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep up the good work, vod!

So dang close...oh wait, I only have a helmet and a gauntlet.. HELP!!

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Sep 06, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Looking good!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2013, 05:10 AM »
Looking good there ;) nice weathering

and i agree about the collar plate ;) move it up and add a 2nd plate ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Werde

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2013, 05:19 PM »
This is with my old bucket that I never finished, but I just wanted to try to get the collar plate right before I decided to add another. I think I was able to get it up high enough, but I know some of the other plates look a bit off at the moment since my tape wasn't being that cooperative. Also didn't put the shoulder plates on this time.

But what do you guys think, is that a good collar plate placement? (And my armor is now purple! I am still going to do some sort of black design or striping over it though, so it's not quite done yet!)

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2013, 05:23 PM by Werde » Logged

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2013, 10:07 PM »
Looks good, but hard to tell due to the lighting and the shadow the helmet is casting.

Would help us if you could take one showing the neckline in better light.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2013, 06:21 PM »
What Thaxos said. Also if you are able to get someone else to take the pic, and stand in a neutral pose, that will help us give an accurate analysis as having one arm up like that will change the plates position a bit as well :)

Also, I like the purple :D

Werde

« Reply #13 on: Sep 09, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Once more with feeling! I got my husband to take some pictures, but the plates are still taped on and not perfect. I also think I need a heat gun to bend down the top ends of the collar plate... and that it something I've never done before so that should be interesting...

But here it is! (Still without final detail work... spent tonight finishing up the helmet painting mostly)

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #14 on: Sep 09, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Overall placement/sizing looks good (I'm no expert, though...). However, the diamond plate looks a little too small. That can easily be replaced.

he/him
black lives matter!

Werde

« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Yeah... looking at how I had them spaced as opposed to the first shot I took, I think I spread them too far out this time. I'll get this right eventually!

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2013, 10:49 PM »
The original questions wweary the collar needed to come, looking at these photos I'd say that all the plates need to come up. The ab plate looks really low, it should finish just on or above your belly button. Also, I understand that your chest pieces may be spaced wider than you wanted but I agree with Manbrolorian you could increase the size of your diamond.

This is a great looking kit, you've done a fantastic job so far, just a couple tweaks and BAM it's gonna be awesome!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Werde

« Reply #17 on: Sep 10, 2013, 09:48 PM »
Fourth times the charm?

Still taped on, still not finished... but I think they are placed right finally (and with my mostly finished bucket, minus ear caps). I feel at the moment that I look kind of like a bobble head. Part of it is the angle of the picture, but I need something of substance (maybe a Clone Wars style pauldron or something) to take some of the size out of the helmet. I'm going to wait until I have my full kit ready before making those decisions though.

(My dog is really impressed)

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2013, 10:09 AM by Werde » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #18 on: Sep 12, 2013, 02:37 PM »
It looks purity good to me vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Pauldrons are cool... But I might be bias... :laugh: spacing looks good too! What are you thinking for gauntlets?

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Werde

« Reply #20 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:25 PM »
It looks purity good to me vod ;)

Thanks!

Pauldrons are cool... But I might be bias... :laugh: spacing looks good too! What are you thinking for gauntlets?

So I had picked up some shells, but since I am super tiny, they are ridiculously huge on my wrists. So I ended up picking up some kids soccer shin guards that I have begun to bondo and build up. I'm thinking that since I would like to go for an Assassin in the Brigades, I don't want to have anything overly clunky. I'm going for a more streamline look with some greeblies and maybe a slim profile dart launcher in all likelihood.

I also found a pauldron on the cheap, so I ordered it and I'll see what it looks like with the kit once it arrives. I don't know if that might disqualify me from Assassin, but I think not looking like a bobble-head  probably will trump being in a Brigade :P

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #21 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Well a little thicker gauntlets might not be too bad. And remember none of the shin guards should be distinguishable when they're done.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Werde

« Reply #22 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:36 PM »
Well a little thicker gauntlets might not be too bad. And remember none of the shin guards should be distinguishable when they're done.

Definitely. They are already pretty much unrecognizable, they just happened to be the right shape to fit my wrists and wouldn't require any under work to make them comfortable to wear. Once I finish painting and weathering the chest plates, the gauntlet build will get my full attention! I guess at this point I'm working from the head down.

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #23 on: Sep 12, 2013, 05:44 PM »
Spacing looks good.

Tracyn Ordo

• THE NZ Bounty Hunter
« Reply #24 on: Sep 14, 2013, 07:25 PM »
The spacing looks pretty good to me too now,though the ab plate may need a sliver trimmed off the bottome edge. A pauldron would definitely help to balance out the size of the helmet, as would bulkier shoulder bells, more like clone armour :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!