Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vez's WIP

• 136 Replies

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Vez's WIP
« Reply #30 on: Dec 16, 2013, 09:49 PM »
Nice paint app!  Loving the attention to detail in the weathering.  Well done!

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Once you get started its hard to start  ;D

Paints apps are looking great really like the green design.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vez Nau'ur

• Bibamus, moriendum est!
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Loving the positive response! :)

I'll be working on my backplate over the weekend, thinking of doing a green pattern similar to this one but in reverse.

That, or three isosceles triangles similar to these which span from the top with the points going towards the bottom. With the one in the middle a bit longer than the side ones. I'll have to see what looks better in drawings :D

I'll have to do something nicer with the hexagon center piece, it looks a bit bland for now.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:35 AM »
my 2 cents - negative version of the front for the back plate and the diamond I'd cut a rectangle groove in it and detail the middle, kinda like a dog tag

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:39 AM »
Hey Vezril, I just went back to review the photos again, love the over spray backdrop, Unibrew hmm, nice to see a vod with taste  ;D

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the black/brown washing, Kelan has a nice tutorial on it if you need.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Vez Nau'ur

• Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:02 AM »
my 2 cents - negative version of the front for the back plate and the diamond I'd cut a rectangle groove in it and detail the middle, kinda like a dog tag

Alright! I'll look at doing that, thanks vod! I'll draw out the other pattern I had in mind later today.

Hey Vezril, I just went back to review the photos again, love the over spray backdrop, Unibrew hmm, nice to see a vod with taste  ;D

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the black/brown washing, Kelan has a nice tutorial on it if you need.

Hehe, love a nice Unibrew; painting in my kitchen right now so had to use the spare cardboard I had to cover, well just about everything! I'll look around the forums for Kelan's tutorial, I've been currently doing it my way with positive results but some more insight would be good :)

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:31 AM »
For the backplate I was thinking of something along this, what do you guys think? Oh and ignore the black lines, they were reference points ;)

Also, considering adding the Mythosaur in one of the bottom corners.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:11 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Tact Kor

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2013, 05:24 PM »
I don't want to influence your art/concept, but I would remind you that your collar will line up with your backplate, have you considered continuing the design you have on the collar towards the back?

Perhaps a couple segmented stripes?

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:24 PM »
I don't want to influence your art/concept, but I would remind you that your collar will line up with your backplate, have you considered continuing the design you have on the collar towards the back?

Perhaps a couple segmented stripes?

No no! Go right ahead! I'm an engineer, not much of an artist! This is also why I want second opions ;)

I was actually thinking of adding slight curves on the chest pieces but now that you mention it I think continuing what I did on the neck plate towards the backplate might be a nicer idea. I like the idea of segmented stripes though not sure how you see it in your mind. I came up with something like this:

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:11 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Tact Kor

« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2013, 09:45 PM »
In " my mind  ;D" the stripes were vertical. It's really up to you buddy, wait to see what the other members suggest.

Where is Niabi? He would have some good comments... So would Kelan for that matter where is everyone?  :P

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2013, 10:06 PM »
I was going to say that I liked the first idea better...
But then I looked back at your collar plate and I think the second concept looks awesome with it!!!

Loving this build!

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:23 PM »
My vote's on the second, striped arrangement.  It looks rather snazzy. :D

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2013, 02:45 AM »
I was going to say that I liked the first idea better...
But then I looked back at your collar plate and I think the second concept looks awesome with it!!!

Loving this build!
My vote's on the second, striped arrangement.  It looks rather snazzy. :D

^^^^Gotta agree 2nd looks more full of awesome  8)^^^^

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Tact offered a suggestion and I think it has merit, what do you guys think of this? It still follows the app I did on the collar piece like on the second design I had. I'm honestly not sure what I prefer more, but I do find this to be more, uhm, logical when it comes to alignment with the collar piece.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:12 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2013, 03:44 PM »
personally liking the V pattern, it looks more like what someone would have with the front detailing as it crosses over in the ab plate

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!