Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vez's WIP

• 136 Replies

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Vez's WIP
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Tact offered a suggestion and I think it has merit, what do you guys think of this? It still follows the app I did on the collar piece like on the second design I had. I'm honestly not sure what I prefer more, but I do find this to be more, uhm, logical when it comes to alignment with the collar piece.
V-pattern is superior.  The "bordering" approach will look off once you shape the plate to conform to your back.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2013, 08:52 PM »
I like the "V" pattern more.
But remember vod, it's YOUR kit, you do as YOU please!!!  ;)

Vez Nau'ur

• Bibamus, moriendum est!
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #47 on: Dec 19, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I like the "V" pattern more.
But remember vod, it's YOUR kit, you do as YOU please!!!  ;)

Hehe, no worries I know. Just brainstorming here with you guys :)

And as always, thanks for the feedback!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #48 on: Dec 21, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Top work vod on the Paint apps ;) Really nice weathering ; )

Im a fan of V patterns ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vez Nau'ur

• Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #49 on: Dec 29, 2013, 04:07 PM »
Hey guys!

Sorry for the silence, been busy as usual. Here is an update on my backplate. Let me know what you guys think but I personally think I messed up on the brownwash.

Also, the reason why there is so a high concentration of weathering on the shoulders, is I remembered from my swordsmanship (Katana) training, when we rolled on cement to avoid a sword, we would scrap our shoulders quite a lot, so I figured that idea that would be appropriate on the backplate :)

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:09 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #50 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:22 PM »
the weathering on the back plate is pretty good, your right in thinking you need more wash , though saying that, the scrapes in the green layer alone look a little manufactured, possibly writing of some sort, sorry :(.

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #51 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Paint apps look great! Scratches and weathering look real nice, I like how you did layering, and scratches, I do agree that it will need a couple layers on brown wash to give it a worn/used look but so far it's coming a lot very well.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #52 on: Dec 30, 2013, 04:48 AM »
the weathering on the back plate is pretty good, your right in thinking you need more wash , though saying that, the scrapes in the green layer alone look a little manufactured, possibly writing of some sort, sorry :(.

Hey quite alright! I'm far from expecting on getting this nice and professional looking on my first try! This is why I want the opinion of you guys :)
Any specific points on the backplate you want to point out that I should watch out in the future? I think I see what you mean though.

Paint apps look great! Scratches and weathering look real nice, I like how you did layering, and scratches, I do agree that it will need a couple layers on brown wash to give it a worn/used look but so far it's coming a lot very well.

I think for now I'll keep it as is, and next time I see you in person I'll bug you a bit on helping me make the wash better looking? Thoughts? I'm kinda afraid of putting too much and messing it up!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #53 on: Dec 30, 2013, 05:49 AM »
Hey quite alright! I'm far from expecting on getting this nice and professional looking on my first try! This is why I want the opinion of you guys :)
Any specific points on the backplate you want to point out that I should watch out in the future? I think I see what you mean though.

Mainly where scratches over lap  mainly, low grit sand paper or pick at it with scaple will sort it out

I think for now I'll keep it as is, and next time I see you in person I'll bug you a bit on helping me make the wash better looking? Thoughts? I'm kinda afraid of putting too much and messing it up!

Wash wise liik at where there could be a build up of dirt, around arms base etc, the places that can't be easily wiped down on a battle field when still wearing it

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #54 on: Dec 30, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Nice work vod ;)

the important thing with Weathering is that the whole Kit Matches the level of weathering ;)  so if you leave it as is (and i see no prob with that) then as long as the level of Weathering on is the same over the rest of your kit your good ;)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Heya Guys!

Nice work vod ;)

the important thing with Weathering is that the whole Kit Matches the level of weathering ;)  so if you leave it as is (and i see no prob with that) then as long as the level of Weathering on is the same over the rest of your kit your good ;)

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)

Working on my shoulders and knee pieces but ran out of grey paint. I'll be getting some tomorrow and I'll work on those during the weekend. However, I found these in a military surplus store, which I think I'll use for my kit! :)

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014, 10:56 AM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2014, 01:40 PM »
looks good to me, WW1&2 kit is very swarsy, keep them matching like you have already and your sound

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Yuuuup those are some Nice pouches ;)

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Nice pouches! this is going to be a great kit

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #59 on: Jan 02, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Heya Guys!

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :)

Working on my shoulders and knee pieces but ran out of grey paint. I'll be getting some tomorrow and I'll work on those during the weekend. However, my old man found these in a military surplus store, which I think I'll use for my kit! :)
Great find!  Those will go great with your kit.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!