Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vez's WIP

• 136 Replies

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: First Armor Planning Help
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2013, 02:16 PM »
Lots of Vode (me included) wont click non Mercs Links ;) This will help ;)  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=560.0

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vez Nau'ur

• Bibamus, moriendum est!
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2013, 10:56 PM »
Kinda forgot to repost with proper pictures, sorry! But I got an update! Finished painting my bucket. Still need to install the RF stalk and do some paint touchups here and there, but for now it looks like this :)

Comments and suggestions appreciated of course!

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:13 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Wow

You've been busy, great job it's got a lot of damage  ;D

Two thing I'd recommend, first do a black/brown wash over the helmet to give it a worn/dirty look several thin coats are better than heavy coats, second I'm not a fan of gloss finishes so I would overspray it with a clear matte but that's just my taste.

Keep up the nice work.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

M.A. #089 - The first step is admitting it

Vez Nau'ur

• Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:46 AM »
Hey Tact!

I actually spoke to Droodles a bit and he recommended the same thing. Though I'll do some wet sanding to remove the gloss. I'll go get some acrylic paint on my way to class today, I'll post an update when I have one :)

Wow

You've been busy, great job it's got a lot of damage  ;D

Two thing I'd recommend, first do a black/brown wash over the helmet to give it a worn/dirty look several thin coats are better than heavy coats, second I'm not a fan of gloss finishes so I would overspray it with a clear matte but that's just my taste.

Keep up the nice work.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Tact Kor

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Deadly Alliance is the award for the most badass group pic. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2013, 07:50 AM »
An alternative to wet sanding that will be less abrasive but will remove then shine is to rub it with 0000 steel wool.

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2013, 01:40 PM »
Nice stuff vod ;)

I also recommend hitting the bucket with some light passes of sand paper to give them some "life lived" scratches before the black / brown wash ;D 

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Oops! I forgot to post my update!

Here we go, it looks much nicer now :)

Nice stuff vod ;)

I also recommend hitting the bucket with some light passes of sand paper to give them some "life lived" scratches before the black / brown wash ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:13 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2013, 01:44 PM »
looks nice bud ;)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Legends of Mandalore Brigade Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #23 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Hey buddy!! Some nice work here!! Really glad to see this coming along so nicely!!

Kraton Jax

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #24 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Good work vod! It is really coming great :) I look forward to see the final results! :) by the way great planning list you had there ;)

Me: HK,you see I'm in love with a nice girl and I'm not sure about this and I just wanted to know what love for you?
HK-47:Definition:'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 12 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope...
Me:(sigh)Never ask a droid what love is...

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Hey guys!

Sorry for the silence, been busy with finals  (almost done), but I decided to take a small break and do my black undercoat on my chest pieces! :)

So here we go! I'll be doing a gray coat maybe tomorrow, and then add some green patterns. Comments and suggestions are as always welcomed! I also decided too much of a heavy weathering as with the bucket.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:14 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2013, 04:16 PM »
Well seems I had some spare time so I decided to go ahead and do my grey overcoat! All that's left is my green pattern! :)

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:15 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Tact Kor

Re: Vez's WIP
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Looking good buddy!

Gaht Kyr'bes Clan

M.T.S. #022 - Mando Up

Vez Nau'ur

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2013, 06:40 PM »
I swear I was only supposed to do the black undercoat today... anyhoot! Here's with the green added, still need to do some blackwash and a bit of 60 grit sandpaper over it, but the chest pieces are almost done :)

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014, 10:16 PM by vezril » Logged
Gaht Kyr'bes Clan, #912
Vez's WIP
Vez's Early Crusader WIP
Vez's Force Hunter WIP

M.A.B.E.L. #68

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #29 on: Dec 16, 2013, 07:03 PM »
REALLY liking the weathering and armour pattern, you god a really good eye for this

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!