Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Force Hunter's weapons progress thread

• 6 Replies

z2the4

• Light side or darkside, they both pay the same.
My Force Hunter's weapons progress thread
« on: Sep 24, 2013, 05:29 PM »
First off since it is almost finished, my back up pistol.
Original form:

Removed the barrel(used on my Slugthrower), removed scope which became the current barrel.

Still need to fill in the area where the scope used to be and then use some spot putty to fill the holes and seams.
I'm planning to store it on my shin armor, much like a biker scout.

And my main weapon, my Slugthrower.
Nothing is attached, just used some masking tape to see what it looked like with the new barrel.

Plans include to greeb it, especially in the butt stock where the "generator" for the Magnetic Coil firing mechanism.
There will be a few wires and tubes running from the stock to the main area of the gun.

Instead of firing energy bolts like a regular blaster, it uses a magnetic coil firing mechanism(AKA rail gun) to launch a metallic slug.
It is able to firing several ammo types including;
*Solid slug - useful against soft and lightly armored targets, capable of rapid fire
*Hollow slug - able to carry high corrosive acid, toxins, stun powder, and others
*High Explosive - Useful for destroying Droids, medium armored targets and light vehicles
*Specialized Slugs - Tracking devices, EMP rounds, Bacta dart

Hopefully I'll get some work done on these in the next few weeks.

Still have to start my Force Pike and a few Grenades.

Seth'ume

• I'm your huckleberry...
Re: My Force Hunter's weapons progress thread
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2013, 08:16 PM »
That pistol looks really cool vod! I really like how you used the scope for the barrel

Also your slugthrower looks like it has some real potential to look awesome as well. Good luck dude!

Hyperion hopes your death was a learning experience, but wouldn't mind if you made the mistake a few more times just to be sure.

I want your blood. And I want your souls. And I want them both right now.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the hogs of war!"
"Dogs of war"
"Whatever farm animal of war Lana, shut up"

z2the4

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Thanks Vod, looking forward to seeing your kit come together, my armor should be here.. ToMORROW!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2013, 03:55 PM »
yup a solid start on the weapons ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Tor'dola Magnus

• Nothing runs... like my Bounty
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Clever modding of the pistol!  I like these so far.

The stock of the primary weapon looks like it's missing something right now, but that's probably just cause it's not painted.

Oyacyir de balac, kar'taylir darasuum de gaanader, kyr'amur de bora
"LIVE by chance... LOVE by Choice... KILL by Profession"

E.M.T.S. #083
MAD:036
M.A. #098

ForceHunter WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63712.0

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2013, 07:53 PM »
I love that pistol. Simple yet swarsy. On the long rifle I like the barrel and shotgun base. What are you planning on doing to the butt of the rifle?

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

z2the4

« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2013, 12:14 AM »
I love that pistol. Simple yet swarsy. On the long rifle I like the barrel and shotgun base. What are you planning on doing to the butt of the rifle?

My vision is to have a power source in the very back(battery pack or something) and then the yellow will have a small "generator", and there will be a few wires going between the two compartments and the main section.
Something like this;

Hopefully I'll get some work done this week.

First main project is to fill the empty void under the barrel, thinking about turning my enclosed bicep armor into just plate like the thigh armor is and using the extra bits to fill this gap and add some details.

On a "realism" note, not sure if it will run on a external magazine or internal magazine.

Thanks for all the pistol love, I really love the look, wish I could find another and make, well another.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!