Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ashen's Armoury

• 80 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Ashen's Armoury
« Reply #50 on: Jul 20, 2014, 07:21 AM »
A double post, sorry but wanted peoples opinion and can't do that with modify

Idea is that its more a trophy gun than anything, but also a pistol I can use at cons for the inevitable Jack Sparrow shots at Cons

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2014, 05:07 AM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #51 on: Jul 21, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Looks awesome, vod!

And, uhh, to answer your question, black overpaint primary with sanded down weathered bits would be the way to go.  Little late to suggest, but yeah, you did it right. :D

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #52 on: Jul 21, 2014, 06:06 PM »
A double post, sorry but wanted peoples opinion and can't do that with modify

It's not a double post if you're adding new content at a later time on a WIP. ;)

Weapons are looking good!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #53 on: Jul 28, 2014, 08:11 AM »
Phew and thanks both of you, no doubt more to come soon, I got hold of a few Airsoft guns to modify including MP%, Shotgun and Aug

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #54 on: Aug 01, 2014, 06:02 AM »
So, started modiflying one of the airsorf I have, come to a halt due to decision needed.
Verpine or Not to verpine.
Started as gun on left

removed top barrel section and made fore grip from it

Tidied foregrip and covered joins

What to do next?

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #55 on: Aug 01, 2014, 10:45 AM »
A bullpup Verpine? I like it. ;D

Might want to bulk-up the spot on the barrel towards the back, above the trigger and grip.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #56 on: Aug 01, 2014, 11:37 AM »
Seriously, what arsenal do you not have?  :P Impressive... Most impressive arsenal...
Might want to bulk-up the spot on the barrel towards the back, above the trigger and grip.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #57 on: Aug 01, 2014, 01:40 PM »
Loving that EE3! The stock looks awesomely tactical. As well as the FN2000 mod. It does look very Verpine. Good choice Ashen  8)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #58 on: Aug 08, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Thanks Jaing, Jay and STRAKAZulu will take another look and see if I can make those adjustments  ;D
Have always liked the 1313 mentor pistol since I saw it, so thought I'd try my hand at making my own influenced pistol

So this is what I have so far, using metals for realistic weight

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #59 on: Aug 08, 2014, 04:03 PM »
Thanks Jaing, Jay and STRAKAZulu will take another look and see if I can make those adjustments  ;D
Have always liked the 1313 mentor pistol since I saw it, so thought I'd try my hand at making my own influenced pistol

So this is what I have so far, using metals for realistic weight

Oh yeah!  I completely forgot about that one!  Gorgeous weapon...

You're going in the right direction.  I'd recommend a grip less like a 1911's, though...

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #60 on: Aug 08, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Oh yeah!  I completely forgot about that one!  Gorgeous weapon...

You're going in the right direction.  I'd recommend a grip less like a 1911's, though...

Unfortunately its what I can get hold of without paying a fortune for new one to scrap.
I just hope I can get it close but with my own twist as always ;D

Jaing Vau

« Reply #61 on: Aug 08, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Those airsoft 1911's are by no means cheap.. Up here anyway. I think it looks fine. As long as in the end you can't discern it. Most people couldn't tell the difference after its done anyway. Just add some greebs near the magwell or something. Or buy fancy 1911 grips to snap on that look swarzy  8)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #62 on: Aug 13, 2014, 04:44 PM »
What I got is swapped or bought super cheap from whatever was available.

but hopefully my further progress will start to calm your nerves  ;D

I've started moving in a slightly tangent direction I know :rolleyes:

And sorry for the corrected picture, its really overcast here atm

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #63 on: Aug 15, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Little by little:

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #64 on: Aug 18, 2014, 03:16 PM »
Looking good, the blaster's gonna look T-O-P when it's done. ^^

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #65 on: Aug 25, 2014, 02:35 AM »
Slowly getting there.... and heavier  :laugh:

That was this morning, this is now:

Only thing I can think of is possibly a small scope like the mentor gun, that I'll have to find some day

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2014, 01:52 PM by Ashen Kelborn » Logged

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #66 on: Aug 25, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Utterly incredible(as always)!

It's amazing to see what a really solid paint job can do. Mind if I ask what part you used for a muzzle? Looks really interesting!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #67 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Utterly incredible(as always)!

It's amazing to see what a really solid paint job can do. Mind if I ask what part you used for a muzzle? Looks really interesting!

thanks, the front barrel is is the inner breach of an airsoft gun, chopped the shebs out of a whole assault rifle inner workings just to get it  ;D

Jaing Vau

« Reply #68 on: Aug 25, 2014, 10:43 PM »
It turned out great! The 1911 base suits it well. Hopefully it finds a permanent home on you gunbelt ner vod  ;D

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #69 on: Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 PM »
Amazing blaster, vod. :o

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #70 on: Aug 26, 2014, 03:24 AM »
It turned out great! The 1911 base suits it well. Hopefully it finds a permanent home on you gunbelt ner vod  ;D

If it doesn't find a home on his it best find a home on mine >_>

Beskar'gam Progress: Design Stage
Ren Tinith Concept Thread [Drop Pack - Armoury]

Winter's Dawn

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #71 on: Aug 26, 2014, 03:53 AM »
When my 267th build happens, it will take pride at my hip have no fear ;D

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Well looking like 267th wasn't on the cards as Pistoleer has come up and what better way to look into building a new brigade than to make a new pistol:

Once again full metal build based off a Magnum

And if anyone is interested in my new build please follow the link  :D

Ashen 2.0, Servant of Savage Opress

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2015, 03:22 PM »
I'm curious, where did you get the musket base for your heavy sidearm?

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01 PM »
I'm curious, where did you get the musket base for your heavy sidearm?

Denix, though looking at their catalogue they don't do them any more, glad mine was broken when I modified it otherwise I may have a twinge of guilt 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!