Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ammoman's ADD project.

• 14 Replies
Ammoman's ADD project.
« on: Sep 29, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Right, so there I was reworking my original armor when I got a look at Thaxos's legacy armor in person, that's when I got the bug... I'm horrible at taking pics while I work, so I've already got the chest cut out and started shaping it.

I know black sintra is a pain to work with, but the price was right. Until I get some more work done, here's a shot of the westar I picked up at Chicago Comic Con that I'm working on.

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
Re: Ammoman's ADD project.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2013, 07:44 AM »
It looks good so far. How well does it fit your frame? Some pictures of it on you would be a good gate for feedback.

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2013, 03:59 PM »
The armor fits pretty decent, I my need to narrow up the chest just a smidge. I'm stuck on pics for a li'l bit because I'm going out of town for a wedding this weekend.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2013, 02:43 PM »
Looks like a great start vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 11:43 PM »
Well, apparently going to school full time on top of working full time and having a kid left pretty much no time for hobbies; then I started working on the railroad, and that's a whole other story there. But I'm back! I've been working on my Anovos TK and picked up on my mando while I was waiting on glue to dry on the stormy. I've gotten a good bit done the last couple weeks and it feels good. Any way, how about some pics!

I know the back plate looks off kilter, it's mostly from turning and shifting around. I have also added under arm straps to help keep my plates constrained.  ;)

I didn't put any plates connecting the collar to the back plate because I have buckles there that allow me to get the plates on over my big head. I also plan on making a cowl that will hide that portion of my armor.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:52 PM by Ammoman » Logged

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 03:35 AM »
Your plates are looking real great so far!

One thing you MAY want to do, is drop your last ab plate as it looks like you are going well beyond your navel which is okay. But speaking from experience makes moving...difficult at best and painful at worse. I know one of the first things I did once I noticed how much extra length I had due to the fourth ab plate was to removed it.

Once you get your girth belt, ammo belt and all your other waist items on it can get really crowded around your middle with that fourth ab plate. Just something to keep in mind as you go forward with your kit.

Anyway keep up the good work Vod! Looking forward to seeing this kit come together always happy to see another legacy kit.

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Off to a solid start! Following this thread with interest.

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 11:12 AM »
I agree with GhostHammer,
That bottom plate can go and your kit will still look amazing.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Thanks, for the tip guys. I'll pop it off later and see how they fit.

« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2016, 08:36 PM »
I've been quiet for a while. Being laid off limited funds and of course progress. I got to do some painting on the armor I've got right now, because paint is cheap haha.

This is the final scheme for the torso, sans weathering. I left the fourth plate on the gut for now, I can always remove it later if I really need to.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2016, 09:08 PM »
It's looking pretty good vod.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #11 on: Jun 10, 2016, 02:19 AM »
Updates two days in a row! I better learn to pace myself haha.   :laugh:  I did some weathering on the armor pieces I have done and I even managed to turn green coveralls black.

There is a lot of little details that get lost in pictures, like rust and grime in the little dings in the armor.

A little reference to my time in the Air Force. I was an Ammo troop and the text reads "2W0" for my career field and "509" for the unit I was in. 509th Munitions, part of the 509th Bomb Wing; it was our unit that dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki for any of you history buffs out there. Another cool little tid bit is that the Grandson of General Paul Tibbets (pilot of the Enola Gay) also named Paul Tibbets is commander of the 509th now.

Turns out there is no good spot down in my dungeon for lighting to take a picture of something from above.

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #12 on: Jun 10, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Great eork on that paint job Vod ! I love all the small details.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2016, 06:14 AM »
really nice armor. and the paint job is cool :) like the details :)

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman
« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Thanks all of you. Bad news, I won't be making any more progress for a couple weeks. The good news is that I'm traveling for my new job.  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!