Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P

• 4 Replies
Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P
« on: Oct 07, 2015, 01:07 PM »
So here I am with my first WIP. I've never done anything like this, so this is a huge learning experience for me. All the feedback, suggestions, insults and trash talking will be greatly appreciated. :P Work and RL allow me only about one day a week to myself, so bear with me, this might take a while.

The upper portion of the chest and abs look a bit large, but once I am able to get them bent properly I think they will look better. My next step is to transfer this to poster board so I am able to bend it a little and get a better idea of how it will look.
I'm also considering losing the #4 ab plate. It looks a bit too low. Also looks like it could restrict movement.

Corvas Ta'niyr

• Sushir at taor be simir
  • Awards 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Most invasions trooped in 2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Orar Beskad's 1st W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2015, 03:54 PM »
(speaking from experience) Increase the size of the arms eye on the chest plate.  This will make the chest plate a bit narrower but will also allow you to cross your arms or allow you to punch the greeblie buttons on your vambraces (gauntlets).

I debuted my kit at a recent convention here in Portland, OR - I ended up with some major bruising on the inside of my biceps from where the armor restricted my attempts at activating my phone my R vambrace.

An ounce of prevention...

Marsh

Sushir at ashi- o' at katahre bal kathtare- val mr ganar etie gehat'ik at rejorhaa'ir - Listen to others - even the dull and ignorant - They too have their story to tell.

G.O.M.O.L # 004
MiB #003
GBOT #013

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2015, 02:51 AM »
Marsh is right, and yes drop the 4th plate it only really looks good on us long torsoed fat guys lol even then it's not perfect.

QMU#084
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for the input! I'm gonna open up the arms a bit and drop the bottom plate.  I'm also working on a duct tape form of my upper body to help with forming the plates when I get to that stage. Pics will follow as soon as I have a bit more progress.

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2015, 06:25 PM »
I dropped the 4th plate from mine as well.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!