Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Mando Update 5/12/14

• 112 Replies

Naakoya Naast

• "Breathe deep, seek peace."
First Mando Update 5/12/14
« on: Oct 20, 2013, 12:50 AM »
I've decided to go for the "Beast-Tamer" theme here since it fits so well with my lifestyle (I own three horses and work on a dairy farm, for starters).   :D
For now, this is just going to be concept sketches and the like since I don't have any of my materials yet.  Since this is my first real set of beskar'gam, I'm planning on buying the base armor and then modding it instead of trying to build everything from scratch (especially since I have little to no experience with costuming).  I really like the look of TrooperJasher's femmando Legacy armor, and I've got some stuff back home in Tallahassee I can get when I go back for Xmas break.
I definitely need advice on what kind of helmet I should get. I have an EXTREMELY small head!  For example, I teach beginner riding lessons over the summer and I can give my own riding helmet to a 6-year-old who's forgotten theirs and it will fit them.  So...what is the smallest helmet I can get my hands on, cause I'll probably need it if I don't want my buy'ce to be 50% padding!

My color scheme is going to be light colors... Florida-sky-blue and sand gold with trophies I'm going to make out of horsehair and gator skull parts.

Concept sketches of helmet, V1.0. Blue: base, yellow: antenna, green/grey: trophies, pink: vents.

And with flats so you'll have an idea of the colors

Clan symbol to be placed between helm vents.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:47 PM by Naakoya Vhette » Logged
MMCC #1254

Forum Lurker

Profile pic by Rookie Roads Photography

Dylan

• "No reward is worth this!"
Re: Sniper's first Mando! (Now with pics)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2013, 03:17 AM »
Wow, that looks outstanding. Thought I'm not a huge fan of the "scalp" or "braid" trophies, you really make them work with this design. Good luck on the build!

Naakoya Naast

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2013, 04:18 AM »
Wow, that looks outstanding. Thought I'm not a huge fan of the "scalp" or "braid" trophies, you really make them work with this design. Good luck on the build!

Thank you! I really like the organic aspect that the braids lend to the overall design.  I may also be compensating for something since my real hair is never longer than about two inches.  ;)

MMCC #1254

Forum Lurker

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2013, 05:45 AM »
This looks promising. I'll be watching with interest.

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Smallest helmet might be a SAZ J2P sized Jango helmet. But I believe HeadShot Props(formerly Skirita arms) offered a verdika helmet. I might be able to make you a metal one if those are too big but the helmet dome itself might be something like a kid,s small BMX helmet dome for the base, just to throw ideas out there.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2013, 10:41 AM »
cool concept vod ;) i look forward to seeing it come together.

with Helmets the most important thing is shoulder width ;) this link should help http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=44842.0

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: First Mando, beast tamer theme
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Those jaws looks extremely similar to my idea of my EC helmet.  :o

"But no matter what anyone tells you....real women can not only bake delicious crescent rolls but they can also murder you with them." -Tyno Krast

Ordo Riktulus

• The only Force, is Excessive Force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:24 PM »
Turns out that we did have the same idea in our heads about the Gator Jaws. VERY nice! I can't wait to see the WIPs and the final product!

My Clan is my Family.  My Family is my Blood.  My Blood is my Life.  Your Blood is my Profession.

I've never hunted a Leprechaun before... Do you think that if I shoot one with my gun Lucky Charms will explode everywhere?

MMCC #0969

Naakoya Naast

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Those jaws looks extremely similar to my idea of my EC helmet.  :o

Yours are really cool...I can't sculpt that well! I was going to disassemble a gator skull to make most of mine and only sculpt the teeth that point downward off the bottom of the jaw. 

MMCC #1254

Forum Lurker

Talyc Rancor

• The Mermaidlorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02:45 PM »
Haha, thanks. It was just a shock to see another helmet with the design of the jaws like that. Real bone would be cool. :)

"But no matter what anyone tells you....real women can not only bake delicious crescent rolls but they can also murder you with them." -Tyno Krast

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2013, 04:12 PM »
Its crazy how close this concept resembles the one we are making for mando_trophies. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. Even the 3/4 view is almost exact from the original sketches. Should be a cool build. Does the beast tamer need to look less modern though with the ear scoops? Be sure to post updates.

Naakoya Naast

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Its crazy how close this concept resembles the one we are making for mando_trophies. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. Even the 3/4 view is almost exact from the original sketches. Should be a cool build. Does the beast tamer need to look less modern though with the ear scoops? Be sure to post updates.

Oh, I see that now! I really like what you're doing with the horns crowning the top of the helmet.  I'm not sure how exactly I'm going to pull the jaws off though... I'll post updates when I actually start work on my helmet.

MMCC #1254

Forum Lurker

Naakoya Naast

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2013, 06:30 PM »
Ok, here's my sad attempt at modifying the mandomaker to look like Legacy armor.  I decided to add the burgundy red color just to make my color scheme more interesting, please let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2013, 08:38 PM by Naakoya Vhette » Logged
MMCC #1254

Forum Lurker

Einn_Karel

• its about the 00100100
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2013, 06:35 PM »
i dig. cant wait to see this build get off the ground!

Einn Kar'el- Zabrak Mandalorian
Mandalorian Riders #0006
MAD #038

"I'm a Pacifist"
"You're a Mandalorian..."
"Would you start a fight with me?"
"No..."
"See? I'm a force for peace."

pinocchio

• The Biscalor
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2013, 11:02 PM »
cool, ready to see some parts.

COMPLAINING DOES NOT GIVE YOU POWER, BUT CREATING WILL.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!