Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Field medic W.I.P

• 212 Replies

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Field medic W.I.P
« Reply #175 on: Nov 20, 2016, 01:32 AM »
Take your time on painting vod, I learned that the hard way painting this kit.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #176 on: Nov 23, 2016, 05:55 PM »
The pauldron looks amazing. Great work on the weathering and damage.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #177 on: Nov 27, 2016, 04:49 AM »
Hi I know I am really late to this party and if someone has already passed on this info, well then you're just going to get it twice.

This its the medic symbol for the clone troopers from the Clone Wars. I know a couple Medic Mandos that have integrated it into their kits
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/db/Medical_emblem.svg/revision/latest?cb=20150629233854

Your kit looks great so far can't wait to see it finished.

Will Henderson
Senor Monkey Pants

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #178 on: Nov 27, 2016, 11:19 AM »
looks great vod  :laugh:

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #179 on: Nov 27, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Hi I know I am really late to this party and if someone has already passed on this info, well then you're just going to get it twice.

This its the medic symbol for the clone troopers from the Clone Wars. I know a couple Medic Mandos that have integrated it into their kits
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/db/Medical_emblem.svg/revision/latest?cb=20150629233854

Thanks Jaro. I planned on putting it on there.

« Reply #180 on: Nov 27, 2016, 08:39 PM »

I forgot about that, thought it looked familiar when mods came out in Galaxy of Heros game app...

Avidem

« Reply #181 on: Feb 25, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Hopefully since the weather is starting to get better I can make some progress. Not having a garage is really hurting me.

Avidem

« Reply #182 on: Mar 20, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Got some paint started on the shins, shoulders, and knees today.

Got more work done on the knees today before the rain moved in. I'm going to have to go back over and touch up some silver spots on them since the masking fluid decided it didn't want to come off. I think I put it on to thin. Easy enough fix.

I also picked up a field surgery pouch for my kit a little while back and I was going to attach this patch to cover some of the writing that was on it. Thoughts?

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2017, 07:14 PM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #183 on: Apr 15, 2017, 11:52 PM »
Shoulder bells.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017, 10:45 PM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #184 on: Apr 23, 2017, 04:26 AM »
So I decided to do a set of bicep plates. The plan is to put canisters on them marked as bacta with tubing running down to my gauntlets where I'm going to have a spray nozzle set up. I'm in the process of drawing up some designs, but I'd like to have some blue LEDs in the tubing to give it that blue glowy bacta look.

Avidem

« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2017, 07:59 PM »
Did some test fitting today. Collar plate still needs some work either doing a wider one or adding something for the gap. Not sure how this got missed at the armor parties, but stuff happens.

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2017, 08:35 PM »
plates are looking great vod,  I love those stripes  :laugh:

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Avidem

« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2017, 08:54 PM »
Thanks vod. It's been a labor to get this far.

« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2017, 11:13 PM »
Bro i been following your medic build since i started mine last year  your stuff is coming along great i cant wait to see everything finished. that being said isnt the spacing between the top of the chest plates and the collar piece a bit large?

Avidem

« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2017, 11:43 PM »
It's been addressed. Going to be fixed at the armor party coming up. Either going to make a wider plate or some kind of filler plate.

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2017, 01:45 AM »
Do you have a Michael's Arts and Crafts store near you? If yes, go there and as them where their "Perfect Picks" section is. This is a bunch of dollar items. One is a tubular container with gift tags in it. See if its there and I think that would be a cool addition to the bicep setup you mentioned.

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0

Avidem

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Do you have a Michael's Arts and Crafts store near you? If yes, go there and as them where their "Perfect Picks" section is. This is a bunch of dollar items. One is a tubular container with gift tags in it. See if its there and I think that would be a cool addition to the bicep setup you mentioned.

I don't think I've ever seen one in my state to be honest. There is a Jo-Ann's close to me and Hobby Lobby that's about a 45 minute drive. I plan on going to the hardware store this weekend and looking around.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2017, 09:53 PM »
I don't think I've ever seen one in my state to be honest. There is a Jo-Ann's close to me and Hobby Lobby that's about a 45 minute drive. I plan on going to the hardware store this weekend and looking around.
There's one in Murfreesboro vod.

Avidem

« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2017, 09:59 PM »
I've never seen it. Well I've probably passed it a million times and never thought to look is more like it.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2017, 09:59 PM »
I've never seen it. Well I've probably passed it a million times and never thought to look is more like it.
lol

Avidem

« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2017, 10:01 PM »
It's how I roll.

Avidem

« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2017, 10:19 PM »
I need some input from my fellow vod.

I'm wanting to take a cheap set of foam knee pads I picked up from Wal-Mart cut to the shape of my knee armor. In between the foam and the plates will be a strip of velcro to loop around the back of the knee. There will also be a piece of velcro attached to the coveralls and inside of the foam to help it stay in place. The main concern I have is that the padding  might be to thick. However, the padding does compress easily so I'm thinking once the elastic is attached it will squish the padding down some while I have them on.

Rough shot of how much they might stick out:

Thickness of the foam:

Elastic that will be used:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:55 AM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Cod piece is near finished.

Diijin

• "No, you may not touch my bolas."
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2017, 11:13 AM »

Elastic that will be used:

I was told that if the elastic matched the color of your flight suit, it can be exposed if you want. However I don't know if that rule has changed since becoming an OM. But side note, your weathering looks great.

Firestorm Clan
MMCC #1489
BOMB #82
MACK #48
MARS #72
Oribru Akaata #24
LOB #38
BEARDS #141
OOPS #26
Beast Hunter/Desert Ops WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=134706.msg1746773#msg174677

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Hasn't changed. As long as it matches, it's OK.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!