Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 144 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2014, 11:38 AM »
if they have no laces or visable zips, your good m8

Vencuyanir

• So, who wants Roba Steak?
« Reply #26 on: Oct 06, 2014, 12:08 PM »
if they have no laces or visable zips, your good m8

Thanks Vod.

Nu Draar dinuir laam (Never ever give up.)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Oct 06, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Thanks Vod.

Thats ok, but Allot of these questions are available with just reading the CRL's

Mikelus Keldab

• It's broken again? Ru gotal jahaala!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 08, 2014, 10:37 AM »
No. You will be kind of in between light and medium.

As Tom told me a while ago.
Boba is light,

Medium is a minimum of Jango, maximum Jango with bicep plates and upper Georgette (Collar plates kinda like a dog collar)

Heavy armour is the above. but with wrap around thigh, shin and bicep plates.

So you won't be medium, unless you've met a Jango set minimum.

So, if I were to set up a "medium" kit, with jango style thighs, and then added bicep plates, would I be considered heavy? I'm trying to build my kit so as to eventually join the mechanic brigade, but they're required to have light-medium armor... but I want bicep plates  :rolleyes:

M.A.J.I.C. #140; M.A. #128; Mir'Sheb #XXXVIII; E.R.A. #031; Aluminati #025; M.A.D #054/Beta;

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:17 AM »
I believe that unless you have ALL of the required plates for the next step up, you're still classed as the lower.  So, for example, though my kit has shnees, biceps, a double shoulder, and neck armor, I'm still classed as light because I don't have thighs  :laugh:

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #30 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:44 AM »
I believe that unless you have ALL of the required plates for the next step up, you're still classed as the lower.  So, for example, though my kit has shnees, biceps, a double shoulder, and neck armor, I'm still classed as light because I don't have thighs  :laugh:

^^^THIS^^^^

Mikelus Keldab

« Reply #31 on: Oct 08, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Ok  :laugh: I should've been more clear, my jango thighs don't wrap around, but still count as full thigh armor for purposes of classifcation?

I want my kit to look heavy, but be TECHNICALLY medium to pass the Brigade CRLS...  :-\

Full shoulder - Heavier style shoulder bell that covers the entire shoulder (Loophole? ???)

M.A.J.I.C. #140; M.A. #128; Mir'Sheb #XXXVIII; E.R.A. #031; Aluminati #025; M.A.D #054/Beta;

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Oct 08, 2014, 12:47 PM »
According to Mandalore The Uniter. Medium armour is Jango at a minimum. and a mazimum of jango with bicep plates, hand plates and collar armour. Heavy is when you take the medium armour max, and add wrap around thighs (full thigh coverage) Wrap around shins (full lower leg coverage) wrap around bicep and gauntlets (full arm coverage) and collar plates.

So if you have to be medium but want to look well armoured, you can add biceps, collar and hand plates and still be classified as medium.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Mikelus Keldab

« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2014, 09:59 AM »
Excellent! Those are all the extra plates I wanted as it was!  ;D

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Mandibles77

• Any Early Mandalorians needing Back-Up?!?
« Reply #34 on: Oct 19, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Nice Heavy Assault Kit!
I don't know about butt armour, but you DO look like a proper HardArse!!!

Has this kit been approved by the Brigade yet?

/;..;\

0==O:::::::::::::::::::

« Reply #35 on: Oct 30, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Hi, I'm planning my first armor, and I was wondering how strict the classification system and by extension the approval process was.
Specifically, I'm planning a Legacy armor, but wanted to fit into a brigade too. What I'm planning would fall I think into the Heavy armor range, as a combination of the Heavy Assault and Heavy Weapons Brigades. The only thing I really want to add in terms of armor is a larger pauldron in addition to the collar armor and shoulder bells. This would sit above them. Not a clone or TK, something heavier, with a neck guard. Sort of like those used by medieval swordsman in function, but obviously keeping the Mando form and style.
Wanted to add a short cape and kama pair, but it doesn't sound like that matters.

"No one should laugh at other people, unless he can laugh at himself. And I love laughing at other people!"

"This goes for anything, but especially explosives; if you think you need 1 bring 2 - need 2 bring 4 - need 4 bring 8 - repeat - until you cannot carry any more."

"The act of hitting a target is a binary solution set; 'Yes' or 'No'. I practice 'Accuracy through Volume of Fire'!"

"If you have the ammo, use it!"

"Mercenaries are honest - assassins just cheat."

- Hettyc Cabur

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #36 on: Oct 30, 2014, 12:49 PM »
Hi, I'm planning my first armor, and I was wondering how strict the classification system and by extension the approval process was.
Specifically, I'm planning a Legacy armor, but wanted to fit into a brigade too. What I'm planning would fall I think into the Heavy armor range, as a combination of the Heavy Assault and Heavy Weapons Brigades. The only thing I really want to add in terms of armor is a larger pauldron in addition to the collar armor and shoulder bells. This would sit above them. Not a clone or TK, something heavier, with a neck guard. Sort of like those used by medieval swordsman in function, but obviously keeping the Mando form and style.
Wanted to add a short cape and kama pair, but it doesn't sound like that matters.

Will you have the below?

Heavy Armor

•Head - Helmet
•Neck - Neck armor. ARC-style pauldrons are allowed in addition to collar plates, but not in lieu of.
•Upper Torso - Chest plates and abdomen
•Full shoulder - Heavier style shoulder bell that covers the entire shoulder
•Bicep - Bicep armor or elbow and shoulder armor that end up covering this gap
•Forearm - Gauntlets
•Back - Back plate. Capes are allowed in addition to back plates, but not in lieu of.
•Groin - Cod plate. Loincloths are allowed in addition to cod plate, but not in lieu of.
•Thigh - Standard plate coverage or enclosed
•Knee - Separate knee armor or extended shin armor
•Shin - Standard shin type coverage
•Boot - Some form of boot armor
•Backside - Kama or enclosed thigh armor and butt armor

If you can fully account for all pieces in the above list then its heavy, if its less its medium still

Also if you want to do both those brigades you'll need 2 kits for them as its one kit per brigade, loadouts not accepted, though parts can be used between the two (just not plates or lid if I remember right)

« Reply #37 on: Nov 01, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Thanks, Ashen Kelborn

Yes, I would have all those plates. At least that's the plan. But if I go Heavy Assault in the end, yes definitely. I guess I'll just go heavy assault, and just have the repeating blaster too? Based on my understanding that should be fine. Right now I'm only planning one suit, so I'll just focus for now. Maybe later I'll branch out.
Thanks for the assist, Vod!

"No one should laugh at other people, unless he can laugh at himself. And I love laughing at other people!"

"This goes for anything, but especially explosives; if you think you need 1 bring 2 - need 2 bring 4 - need 4 bring 8 - repeat - until you cannot carry any more."

"The act of hitting a target is a binary solution set; 'Yes' or 'No'. I practice 'Accuracy through Volume of Fire'!"

"If you have the ammo, use it!"

"Mercenaries are honest - assassins just cheat."

- Hettyc Cabur
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Where can I get armor?

Zach

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2014, 09:50 AM »
Where can I get armor?

Normally you can easily make from templates listed Here and Sintra from your local sign maker
or there arer sellers Here

Hope it helps ;D

Thaxos

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2014, 05:35 PM »
Where can I get armor?

Most of our members make the armour themselves, we have plenty of info and resources available here:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=forum#c2

Robidom

• Victory awaits those who never give up!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 09, 2015, 09:49 AM »
For Legacy armor, can I go a little on the heavy side? Something along the lines of pauldrons with integrated bicep plates, 3/4 thigh plates, and full armored boots?

"Too noble to be a Sith, too volatile to be a Jedi... You'd be a GREAT bounty hunter!"

Always start with the big one, that way the rest seems easy and everyone thinks you're either insane, or a hardcase. Either way you win!

First kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90059.0

Blasters WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=113456.msg1563160#msg1563160

Second kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126140.msg1677297#msg1677297

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #42 on: Jan 09, 2015, 11:55 AM »
Question regarding Legacy. It's listed as being automatically Medium. I that "considered medium" or "requires all plates to be medium" Because I was hoping to go Light, with spats covering my boots.

There are no actual legacy CRLs so this has always been confusing.  Some say you need medium to be legacy or you need plates butted, or overlapping etc.  But as of now they still fall under modern.  So as long as you follow the CRLs you will be fine.  If you try for a brigade, that is a different story.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:20 PM »
Well, I guess it's good to know that if I ever want to officially upgrade to medium armor, all I have to do is add thigh plates.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ryuk Shai

• I enjoy the simple things in life. Guns.
« Reply #44 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:35 AM »
is it okay to have a heavy medium combo??

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #45 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:38 AM »
According to Mandalore The Uniter. Medium armour is Jango at a minimum. and a mazimum of jango with bicep plates, hand plates and collar armour. Heavy is when you take the medium armour max, and add wrap around thighs (full thigh coverage) Wrap around shins (full lower leg coverage) wrap around bicep and gauntlets (full arm coverage) and collar plates.

So if you have to be medium but want to look well armoured, you can add biceps, collar and hand plates and still be classified as medium.

This literally just answered my question thanks!!!!!!!

"Jedi are probably my favorite bounty to hunt cause they take it so honorably "-Ryuk Shai

Bal kote, darasuum kote, Jorso 'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr 'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.
(And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all.)

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:36 PM »
This literally just answered my question thanks!!!!!!!

I was actually wronghere, what i said would still count as medium would actually be classified as heavy, but if you lose the collar or bicep plates it reverts back to medium.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:21 PM »
I was actually wronghere, what i said would still count as medium would actually be classified as heavy, but if you lose the collar or bicep plates it reverts back to medium.

Oh well still thanks

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 07:51 AM »
Question, So right now I have light armor and I'm thinking about going Medium. Do I need a back plate for medium or is a cape (in place of the backplate) ok?

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Ryuk Shai

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Question, So right now I have light armor and I'm thinking about going Medium. Do I need a back plate for medium or is a cape (in place of the backplate) ok?
read this it will explain

Head - Helmet
    Shoulder - standard shoulder bells
    Upper Torso - Chest plates and abdomen
    Knee - Separate knee armor
    Forearm - Gauntlets
    Back - Back plate. Capes/Dusters are allowed as long as they cover from shoulder to shoulder.
    Groin - Cod plate. Loincloths/loin cods are allowed in lieu of.
    Thigh - Standard plate coverage
    Shin - Standard shin type coverage
    Boot - boot plates are required

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!