Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy

• 144 Replies

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Armor Classes : Light, Medium, Heavy
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 10:30 AM »
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
the first post is pretty comprehensive ;)

KuranRut

• I don't Quit, I usually find better pay!
« Reply #51 on: Oct 29, 2015, 03:04 PM »
I am working on a special ops recon build i.e. Light armor. Would a knee/shin guards pass muster?

Instagram @kuran_rut

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #52 on: Oct 29, 2015, 08:51 PM »
I am working on a special ops recon build i.e. Light armor. Would a knee/shin guards pass muster?

Yep, having Knee and shins doesn't cross into medium armour, You need Jango level armour to be medium, loose any of those bits without breaking the CRL is light

Alas_Dare

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
« Reply #53 on: Nov 18, 2015, 07:18 PM »
Is there a Weight Limit on the Armor Classes? I met one of the Arizona Clan members this weekend, in his Heavy armor. And he said his kit weighed about 60 pounds.

Gar serim

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #54 on: Nov 18, 2015, 07:25 PM »
Is there a Weight Limit on the Armor Classes? I met one of the Arizona Clan members this weekend, in his Heavy armor. And he said his kit weighed about 60 pounds.

Physical weight..... no, as Mercs make armour from various materials, its more what you can bare and are comfortable with.
as long as its a material allowed in the CRL's I can't see a problem

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #55 on: Nov 22, 2015, 06:16 PM »
no armor weight limit at all.   Dresdons armor weighs like 140lbs. 

Ju'siik Kelborn

• When brute force needs dialed to 11
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Armor Requirements
Medium
Added arm pieces are required. Types of armor you can use- Pick 1 for both arms or 2 on 1 arm.   
Elbow armor
Bicep armor
Segmented gauntlet that covers the hand
Larger shoulder bells
Hand armor is  required and exempt from the "pick 1", except if you go for the extended segmented gauntlet above
* CAN do more if you so chose, but if you're going for the asymmetrical look, make sure to keep it off balance, and don't stray into Heavy Assault territory :-p

Suggested armor pieces:
Neck armor
Decap collar
Heel plate
Toe plate (not to be confused with boot plate)
Flank armor

I realize this has been beat to death, but I've got a question related to the above armor requirements for the Weapons Master Brigade. I was wanting to take medium armor and add neck armor, bicep plates (non-wrap around), and crushgaunts, as well as full boot armor. If I understand the descriptions correctly, because the bicep, thigh, and shin plates do not wrap around the arms, this still is considered medium, correct?

Vor'e!

Kandosii sa kar'ta, vode an - "Indomitable at heart, brothers all."

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:43 AM »
I realize this has been beat to death, but I've got a question related to the above armor requirements for the Weapons Master Brigade. I was wanting to take medium armor and add neck armor, bicep plates (non-wrap around), and crushgaunts, as well as full boot armor. If I understand the descriptions correctly, because the bicep, thigh, and shin plates do not wrap around the arms, this still is considered medium, correct?

Vor'e!

its medium, yep  ;D
you don't have butt plate :laugh:

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #58 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:49 AM »
its medium, yep  ;D
you don't have butt plate :laugh:

Haha, vor'e! :)

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum ~ Daniel Fleetwood, Carrie Fisher, Katy Johnson, Stan Lee, Peter & Angie Mayhew, Nichelle Nichols, Blair, Stella, Ray Stevenson

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #59 on: Nov 27, 2015, 11:52 AM »
Basicly, if you have all this at minimum, its heavy:

Heavy Armor

•Head - Helmet
•Neck - Neck armor. ARC-style pauldrons are allowed in addition to collar plates, but not in lieu of.
•Upper Torso - Chest plates and abdomen
•Full shoulder - Heavier style shoulder bell that covers the entire shoulder
•Bicep - Bicep armor or elbow and shoulder armor that end up covering this gap
•Forearm - Gauntlets
•Back - Back plate. Capes are allowed in addition to back plates, but not in lieu of.
•Groin - Cod plate. Loincloths are allowed in addition to cod plate, but not in lieu of.
•Thigh - Standard plate coverage or enclosed
•Knee - Separate knee armor or extended shin armor
•Shin - Standard shin type coverage
•Boot - Some form of boot armor
•Backside - Kama or enclosed thigh armor and butt armor

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #60 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:00 PM »
So if I read the correctly, if I add a kama but not a butt plate and larger shoulders, it's still medium. Lol, if someone implemented everything on that list I think you would still be shy of heavy due to lack of butt plate?

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #61 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:21 PM »
So if I read the correctly, if I add a kama but not a butt plate and larger shoulders, it's still medium. Lol, if someone implemented everything on that list I think you would still be shy of heavy due to lack of butt plate?
I believe a Kama counts as both butt armor and thigh armor.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #62 on: Nov 27, 2015, 12:32 PM »
I believe a Kama counts as both butt armor and thigh armor.

Now I'm a little confused. I saw earlier that a kama did not count as armor. I'm fine with it counting as it, but I need to know one way or the other. I think I'll go ask some questions over in Brigade Chatter...

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #63 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:10 PM »
I just had a thought. In the definition of heavy that Ashen put up (which is taken from the first post I believe) had a kama or enclosed thighs AND butt plate. If this language is correct then I'm still within the medium specs IMHO. Thoughts?

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #64 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:29 PM »
yes its kama......... or ........... butt plate and enclosed thigh plates.

If you have neither of those you can still do weapon master as medium.

If your weapon master you don't need that much armour anyway, will slow you down

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #65 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Ok. Still trying to come to terms with ditching the kama from my kit, but you're right, a kama will most likely slow me down.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #66 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Ok. Still trying to come to terms with ditching the kama from my kit, but you're right, a kama will most likely slow me down.
It's worth noting that only having full arm coverage on one side does not push you into heavy armor. Heavy requires both.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #67 on: Nov 27, 2015, 01:48 PM »
A very good point! I'll have to incorporate that. :) Vor'e!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #68 on: Nov 27, 2015, 03:27 PM »
But with all that out of the way, you really should look at becoming cleared as an OM first and then look at upgrading.

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #69 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:19 PM »
I am. I've got a kit in process now. I wasn't going to go straight to WM. I was going to put a kama and neck armor in my OM kit because they were easy, and do the rest after I get OM. The trick is knowing where to stop with OM. Lol.

Re: Armor Classes :Medium
« Reply #70 on: Dec 31, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Looking to start a medium Jango style build. Does anyone know if there are any paper printouts so I can size my armor pieces before I cut into my Sintra? Appreciate any assistance from anyone.

Ziven Jorrier

Ju'siik Kelborn

« Reply #71 on: Dec 31, 2015, 10:17 PM »
Looking to start a medium Jango style build. Does anyone know if there are any paper printouts so I can size my armor pieces before I cut into my Sintra? Appreciate any assistance from anyone.

There is a template page in the links if you go to the home page. It's pretty helpful. :)

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
« Reply #72 on: Dec 31, 2015, 10:18 PM »
There's a complete set, in 3 different sizes, in the tutorial section

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #73 on: Jan 01, 2016, 02:53 AM »

Tutorials and Templates: CLICK HERE  ;D

Jango Templates: CLICK HERE  ;D
Or
CLICK HERE  ;D

« Reply #74 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Ok, I'm just looking for some clarification here, but if you aren't going to be doing brigades, you can have whatever mix of armor classes/pieces you want (excepting the minimums specified in the CRLs), right?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!