Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First character soft part WIP

• 2 Replies
First character soft part WIP
« on: Jan 06, 2020, 05:00 PM »
I am going to get my flight suit modified to fit requirements and when they come back from the tailors I've been advised to weather them and I need advice as to how to go about it as they don't look like staining would do them any favours to look world worn
So my question is what would be the best way to weather them to make them look worn in
This is then before they have been altered

Thank you all for the help

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: First character soft part WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 04:35 AM »
If you're going for worn on black you could use some different shades of grey to try and show scuff marks/thinning of material in the usual areas? I would perhaps look at adding dirt and muck with brown paints, using a lighter shade underneath so it comes through, but admittedly I have zero experience weathering black cloth!

Re: First character soft part WIP
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:23 AM »
I found this in the tutorials sections that may help you with weathering:

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=156646.0

Also, youtube is also useful for DIY cloth weathering stuff! Hope this helps and have fun with your first character build!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!