Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft part W.I.P

• 62 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Re: Soft part W.I.P
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Picked up some holsters for my blasters today. Just need to attach them to the belt and hit them with some steel wool.

Avidem

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2016, 01:20 AM »
Started working on these lovelies.

Avidem

« Reply #52 on: Nov 15, 2016, 09:16 AM »
Time for a little bumpy bump.

I am going to do a sash under the girth belt. It was pointed out at the last armor party that it could help hide the zipper that perks out a little. My vest is currently having magnets sewn into it. Pictures coming soon.

Avidem

« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Working adding holsters to the belt. Just a rough thought of how I want them on the belt.

Got my patch on the med bag today.

« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2017, 08:50 PM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #54 on: Apr 14, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Still needs some weathering, but it's getting there. Should be getting the vest back soon so I can start attaching magnets to the plates and test fit it all.

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #55 on: Apr 21, 2017, 09:37 AM »
I like those med patches for the gloves. Once you get some weathering onto them to knock back the harshness of the white they should feel nicely "lived in".

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Avidem

« Reply #56 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:02 AM »
I plan to knock the white down some. Might singe then a little as well.

Alright vod. I need some help with my belt. currently I'm not liking how it's held up and I know that once I add my holsters and the rest of my soft bits I'm probably going to have trouble keeping it up. I like the buckle I currently have, but I could use some suggestions as to make it more secure.

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 08:53 PM by Avidem » Logged

Hik'aari

• Nick'aari
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events
« Reply #57 on: Apr 22, 2017, 02:08 AM »
Is it secure right now with just the pouches and your concern is only when more weight is added with the holsters?

If so you could put a normal belt between your Sash/Girth layer and the ammo belt layer for the holsters. The ammo belt would hide it and the normal belt would take the weight of the weapon holsters.

Hik'aari WIP  |  Cat #1319  |  Akii'su WIP
Need Help? Rules and Guides

Avidem

« Reply #58 on: Apr 22, 2017, 03:30 AM »
It's a little loose at the moment, but it stays put. My concern is when I add more to it. On top I had considered was doing suspenders that would be worn underneath the the flak vest. I could do the regular belt underneath as well I'm just now sure how I'd attach it to the ammo belt.

Avidem

« Reply #59 on: Nov 03, 2017, 09:05 PM »
Alright, I've changed the buckle for my belt and thought I had the med bag attached, but it's off center and bugging me so I have to adjust it. Holsters for my blasters will be ordered when funds are ready. Still working on knife sheaths though. I was pondering about attaching some type of clips to attach trophies and other odd things to, but I haven't found anything I like. I know what I want it's just translating it from my head to real life.

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2017, 05:30 PM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2018, 06:39 PM »
Alright, I'm back yet again. After going through some personal stuff and looking at the progress I had made I felt I needed to take a step back and re-evaluate everything.

So I've decided to start from the beginning with the entire kit. So with that in mind I bought some material to change the flight suit.

Avidem

« Reply #61 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Started working on the concept for my new ammo belt.

Avidem

« Reply #62 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:05 AM »
So I need to rename my flak vest. I'm sure if I want to use duck cloth or different fabric.

I'm thinking about  using this, but I'm not sure:

https://www.joann.com/comfy-cozy-flannel-fabric-solids/zprd_16665028a.html

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!