Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft part W.I.P

• 62 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Soft part W.I.P
« on: Oct 29, 2013, 01:41 AM »
So I was in process of organizing the spare bedroom and came across one of my sea bags. Upon dumping in out I realized I had like 6 pairs of coveralls. My question is are they acceptable and if not what steps would I have to take to make them so. Keep in mind that my kit is going to have a Kama and thigh armor with copious med pouches.

I'm going to remove the name tag and Navy tag

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:09 AM by Avidem » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: coveralls
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2013, 04:23 AM »
Looks like a great Coverall vod ;)

Pop it on so we can see if it need taking in or not ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Avidem

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2013, 04:44 AM »

please note that I'm not wearing boots.

If you need better quality one let me know and I'll retake them. In all it still fits pretty well. A little snug in some areas, but that can be fixed with exercise. (lol) The front zipper is pretty much covered and when you add the flak vest, ammo belt, and cod piece then no one will see it. The only pockets I'm worried about are the front and back, but I can fix that if need be. I would think it might be fine since I'm doing a kama but it's better to be in CRLs while working then get dinged during my application.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2013, 05:05 AM by Avidem » Logged

Avidem

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2013, 02:07 AM »
I'm thinking about going with these gloves:

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2013, 04:26 AM »
Coveralls are absolutely fine: I use grey work coveralls for my kit. I didn't even bother taking most of the tags and patches off, since they're generally covered by the vest. That one looks like a perfect fit for you, so it'll definitely be fine :)
Those gloves look like they may be a tad hot though (hard to tell without knowing what material they are).

Beskar'gam  |  Buy'ce  |  Gallery

Mandalorian Mercs OM #769
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #058
B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Avidem

« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2013, 06:12 PM »
I believe they are nomex. If anything I can order a pair and see how they feel. That way if they end up being to hot I can get something else before I spend a whole day in my kit.

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2013, 08:28 PM »
Those Nomex gloves are actually really easy to troop in. A lot of 501st TKs use them.

he/him
black lives matter!

Avidem

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2013, 10:43 PM »
Awesomesauce. Just have to pick the right color to match my coveralls.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2013, 04:49 AM »
gloves look cool ;) the trousers may be a tiny bit baggy at the bottom  :rolleyes:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Avidem

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Well my shin armor is going to be wrap around so it shouldn't be as bad. Just have to find out.

I have a question. I'm going to incorporate my ammo belt and kama together and I'm wondering if I can do a m.o.l.l.e set up for the belt

Avidem

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2013, 12:16 AM »
Can I get some clarification on something. Is a girth belt required for a kit or can it be left out.

Swift

• (Klen'aka Vonshi)
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2013, 12:35 AM »
Can I get some clarification on something. Is a girth belt required for a kit or can it be left out.

They are not, but in my experience kits look much better with them. I'm currently getting one, but my kit got approved without it :)
I'm afraid I'm not sure about your belt question though.

Beskar'gam  |  Buy'ce  |  Gallery

Mandalorian Mercs OM #769
The Elegant Mando's Tea Society #058
B.E.A.R.D.S #036

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2013, 11:26 AM »
 no you don't need a girth belt but it looks better with in my opinion or at least a sash.

As for your other belt Q, got a pic?

Avidem

« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2013, 01:07 PM »
I don't have anything made just yet. I know how I want it to look in my head. When I get some free time today I'll get some reference pictures and work on drawing it out.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2013, 11:38 PM »
Well my shin armor is going to be wrap around so it shouldn't be as bad. Just have to find out.

I have a question. I'm going to incorporate my ammo belt and kama together and I'm wondering if I can do a m.o.l.l.e set up for the belt
I was approved with a MOLLE belt, but upgraded to a custom leather job one of my clan mates made for me.

That said, rock on with it, but a good leather girth belt looks far better than modern milspec gear.

Avidem

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 03:33 AM »
Just wondering, but can somebody give me some tips on making these coveralls look like they have seen some action. They still look new, probably because I never had to wear them much, and for a my kit I want to look like I've been in the thick of it.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Just wondering, but can somebody give me some tips on making these coveralls look like they have seen some action. They still look new, probably because I never had to wear them much, and for a my kit I want to look like I've been in the thick of it.
Put them on and go hog wild!  Or change a car engine, whichever. :D

Jesper Karr

• 120 kilos of detonite with a hair trigger
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 04:35 PM »
this guy does a lot of extreme weathering for post apoc stuff.  You could of course not go as extreme as he does and get your desired look  https://www.youtube.com/user/NuclearSnailStudios

Jesper Karr

"At least once in her life, every woman should kiss a dangerous man."

Armor WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80371.0
Soft Parts WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80368.0
Leg wrap tutorial - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70051.msg1061611#msg1061611

Avidem

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 01:33 AM »
Thanks for the link Vod. I hung my outside to let nature have a go at them for the next week and we'll see how that goes.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 03:25 PM »
If you have a car or 4-wheeler, tie them to a trailer hitch or something, and drag them up and down the street a couple of times.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 04:12 PM »
If you have a car or 4-wheeler, tie them to a trailer hitch or something, and drag them up and down the street a couple of times.
Erm, not with you in them.  Just throwing that out there.  I mean, yes, you'll get better pinpoint results but, ouch.  :laugh:

Avidem

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 12:52 AM »
I could see how that conversation would go with my girlfriend. Lol. I was actually thinking about dragging them down my driveway since it's gravel. Five or six time should be sufficient.

So I'm changing this to a W.I.P thread now. I'm still weathering my cover all at the moment, but I have order a belt, three ammo pouches, and a shemagh. Once I dig out a pair of boots I'm thinking about using I'll post them to get the verified. The belt and pouches were military surplus so any stamps, logos, or what not is going to be removed. Once they get here I'll throw some images of everything up.

Quick question: If I use a set of suspenders and they are cover by my flak vest and the just the clip part could be seen would that be allowed? Reason for this is my belt with probably be heavy with the load out I'm going with and the gear that will be in it so the extra support to keep it from sliding down would be nice.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:14 AM by Avidem » Logged

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Soft part W.I.P
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Most of the time its fine. It really depends on what they look like though.

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

Avidem

Re: Soft part W.I.P
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 03:35 PM »
So I got a surprise in the mail today.

I like the color a lot more in person than when I ordered it

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!