Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft part W.I.P

• 61 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Re: coveralls
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 03:33 AM »
Just wondering, but can somebody give me some tips on making these coveralls look like they have seen some action. They still look new, probably because I never had to wear them much, and for a my kit I want to look like I've been in the thick of it.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 02:31 PM »
Just wondering, but can somebody give me some tips on making these coveralls look like they have seen some action. They still look new, probably because I never had to wear them much, and for a my kit I want to look like I've been in the thick of it.
Put them on and go hog wild!  Or change a car engine, whichever. :D

Jesper Karr

• 120 kilos of detonite with a hair trigger
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 04:35 PM »
this guy does a lot of extreme weathering for post apoc stuff.  You could of course not go as extreme as he does and get your desired look  https://www.youtube.com/user/NuclearSnailStudios

Jesper Karr

"At least once in her life, every woman should kiss a dangerous man."

Armor WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80371.0
Soft Parts WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80368.0
Leg wrap tutorial - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70051.msg1061611#msg1061611

Avidem

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 01:33 AM »
Thanks for the link Vod. I hung my outside to let nature have a go at them for the next week and we'll see how that goes.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 03:25 PM »
If you have a car or 4-wheeler, tie them to a trailer hitch or something, and drag them up and down the street a couple of times.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medic Brigade
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 04:12 PM »
If you have a car or 4-wheeler, tie them to a trailer hitch or something, and drag them up and down the street a couple of times.
Erm, not with you in them.  Just throwing that out there.  I mean, yes, you'll get better pinpoint results but, ouch.  :laugh:

Avidem

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 12:52 AM »
I could see how that conversation would go with my girlfriend. Lol. I was actually thinking about dragging them down my driveway since it's gravel. Five or six time should be sufficient.

So I'm changing this to a W.I.P thread now. I'm still weathering my cover all at the moment, but I have order a belt, three ammo pouches, and a shemagh. Once I dig out a pair of boots I'm thinking about using I'll post them to get the verified. The belt and pouches were military surplus so any stamps, logos, or what not is going to be removed. Once they get here I'll throw some images of everything up.

Quick question: If I use a set of suspenders and they are cover by my flak vest and the just the clip part could be seen would that be allowed? Reason for this is my belt with probably be heavy with the load out I'm going with and the gear that will be in it so the extra support to keep it from sliding down would be nice.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:14 AM by Avidem » Logged

Carter

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Soft part W.I.P
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Most of the time its fine. It really depends on what they look like though.

M.A.J.I.C. #118

Join The Mercs, Visit exotic places, meet strange people, then kill them.

Avidem

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 03:35 PM »
So I got a surprise in the mail today.

I like the color a lot more in person than when I ordered it

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 05:01 PM »
So I got a surprise in the mail today.

I like the color a lot more in person than when I ordered it
Normally, shemaghs look rather earthy/ military-chic.  I've gone on the record many times advising against using them in a kit.

What do you have planned for it?

Avidem

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Not sure yet. Want to use it as a personal accent to my kit.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Not sure yet. Want to use it as a personal accent to my kit.
I'd advise against it.  Too Earthy, too easily identified.

Avidem

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09 AM »

Got another goody in the mail today. My belt and gloves should be arriving tomorrow.  ;D  Still have to get a couple more pouches, but it'll have to wait till I get paid. I'm thinking about doing a buttpack until I can get my backpack made.

Something like this:

Got my Gloves!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:25 AM by Avidem » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Not a fan of the Nylon straps on those bags  :rolleyes:  leather would be better ;)

Love the gloves, ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!