Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need Twi'lek help for your Merc? Come see me

• 10 Replies

Paikea

• Never get between a Mando and their prey. MM #446
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Need Twi'lek help for your Merc? Come see me
« on: Nov 11, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Su'cuy vode! I know there isn't a huge demand but I'm putting it out there should it be needed. I'm an active Twi'lek cosplayer and portray Aayla Secura in the Rebel Legion. I've spent lots of time, money and research on Twi'lek creations. So any mando's wanting help to be the Twi'lek alien species can ask me for advice on full body makeup and air brush technics such as stencils and tattoos. (My Mando is a Kiffar so I know about false tattoos using the airbrush as well) You do not need an airbrush for a twi'lek, though it makes your life easier and looks better.
Any alien that requires you to change your skin pigment, basically I can offer help as I have studied this for a while and used to work theater tech in back of house for a couple theaters.

What I can't help you with is building a headpiece or set of lekku or designing a helmet to go over your lekku. I can direct you towards the artist you can commission lekku from and then guide you in the painting process and how to create a scale effect on them but I can't make them for you. I can also help advice with small prosthetic creations, applications and color. I do know about FX makeup technics as well but looks like we already have a go to lady for that. So I'm just putting my name out there for anyone needing help in full body makeup that often comes along with making yourself into an alien.

I'm sure there are several others here on the merc boards that also know how to body makeup or who also portray twi'leks on the side. If you fall into that category, speak up! Make yourself know on this thread so new vode have a list of go to people for twi'lek and body makeup help.
Should anyone see this thread and decide you wanna do a twi'lek that isn't a mando or Aayla Secura then PM me and I will direct you to the forums, tutorials and threads to help you along with that goal.
Vor'e ner vode!
Cheers,

Paikea Laraan.

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014, 06:34 AM by Paikea » Logged
Paikea Heke
Freelancers Guild.
MAJIC#28 - EMTS#087 - M5#23 - XMG#06
Alpha Base (Rebel Legion)
Garrison Titan- Staff (501st)
Maker of the Mando Comics
https://www.facebook.com/MandoMayhem

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Need Twi'lek help for your Merc? Come see me
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2013, 11:22 PM »
And I was about to ask you on FB about the lekku you've got ;).

Do you know anyone making lekku in Europe? Since the fee for ordering from the US to the Old World tends to amount to huge sums..

Paikea

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2013, 01:01 AM »
And I was about to ask you on FB about the lekku you've got ;).

Do you know anyone making lekku in Europe? Since the fee for ordering from the US to the Old World tends to amount to huge sums..

No that I know of... I would suggest going to the Twi'lek forums and asking the ladies that live in your area. http://chucrew.com/TwilekCelebration/index.php

Paikea Heke
Freelancers Guild.

Talev

• Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Thank you!

luciferian

• Roos'alor
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2014, 06:23 AM »
Paikea i didn't realise you did a Twi'lek as well we need to collaborate on lekku based helmets !

Mando Rider
0002 - luciferian

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Sniper.

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43 AM »
I keep trying to talk my wife into doing a Eleena Daru. What kind of body paint do you use? I have an air brush system, but have only worked with enamel paint so far. Looks like I would only need to do the head, neck and hands.

luciferian

• Roos'alor
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:47 PM »
I'm assuming your based in the US, reel creations my man Reel Creations.  It is an alcoholic based ink but it has the staying power that the water based paints don't really have.

Mando Rider
0002 - luciferian

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Sniper.

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 08:35 AM »
Yes, we are in the US and thank you for the information. I think I may have her talked into it after all.

Paikea

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:26 PM »
I'm assuming your based in the US, reel creations my man Reel Creations.  It is an alcoholic based ink but it has the staying power that the water based paints don't really have.

Yes, Vult, luciferian has it on the nose. Alcoholic based is the best with the best hold but it is expensive. Don't forget to account for the fact you'll need a little extra paint for the lekku but luckily you only have to paint them once (touch ups aside).
I can go into more makeup details if needed, just send me a PM!
I'd encourage you to have your wife look at the twi'lek forums: http://chucrew.com/TwilekCelebration/index.php

Paikea Heke
Freelancers Guild.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2015, 04:54 AM »
The blue on your twilek is perfect...were you able to find an exact match or did you blend?  I ordered a sample set of the Reel Creations colors but all the blues just look so dark.  Also did you make your costume or purchase it?

Paikea

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2015, 04:07 AM »
The blue on your twilek is perfect...were you able to find an exact match or did you blend?  I ordered a sample set of the Reel Creations colors but all the blues just look so dark.  Also did you make your costume or purchase it?

If you email Reel Creations and ask for one of the other colors to be made into a liquid body paint, they can do that. Even if its not listed. I did this with their color called "Vein" because out of all the other body paint colors, I like this one the best for a movie Aayla version. Her skin in the film shots seems like a greenish/blue. But in the very bright light of the behind the scenes photos of her getting painted it seems more blue. I have found this "Vein" color will, like Aayla's in the film, look more blue or more green/blue depending on the lighting you're standing in. Definitely my go to Aayla color if you want movie version. If you want animated clone wars Aayla then I suggest a more brightly solid blue like I see many Twi'lek cosplayers use.

Everything I made, except the lekku. The shirt was made out of a spandex pattern that's similar but not spot on, and no longer made I believe. But I do have some left over. I think I made a walk through of my build on Aayla on the Twi'lek Celebration Forums.

Paikea Heke
Freelancers Guild.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!