Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Converting to Legacy WIP

• 16 Replies
Converting to Legacy WIP
« on: Nov 12, 2013, 05:39 PM »
Hello!
So, I actually started making my armor over a year ago, but had to take a break for a while over medical stuff. I originally was going for a Fett-style kit, but now that I'm getting back into it I decided to gut it make it Legacy instead. So here it was as of last March (I'm the one in purple):

In the past week or so, I've started cutting out and shaping my new chest plate. Below is a picture of it as of Monday. I'm going to be extending the layers so that it's a bit longer, and I'm going to be cutting out another layer for my old collar piece (all I had that day was my flightsuit, so excuse the lack of vest.)

Manbrolorian

• TI-11997
Re: Converting to Legacy WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2013, 07:24 PM »
I'm excited to see how this all turns out, Casey! Keep us posted. :3

he/him
black lives matter!

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Glad to see the new WIP! I know it will turn out awesome.

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2013, 09:11 PM »
How far are you going to go legacy? Just changing out the chest plates? or redoing the whole kit?

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2013, 01:20 PM »
Love the paint ;)

Looking forward to seeing how this comes together

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2013, 10:26 PM »
Thanks everybody!

How far are you going to go legacy? Just changing out the chest plates? or redoing the whole kit?

I eventually hope to convert everything to it. Right now, I'm just working on the chest plates. Hopefully new gauntlets will come soon after.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2013, 03:43 PM »
Excited to see this! It looks good already!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Sorry I haven't update in a million years, but I promise I've been working on it!
I finished bolting the chest plates together with chicago screws. I also added more layering to my thighs, shoulders, and bracers. I'm considering adding additional layers to the shnees, but I'm not quite sure yet.
Anyways, here is my chests all bolted together. The gap between the collar and actual chest shouldn't be as big on my actual vest, I just couldn't see it too well when we took this >.<

And here is my entire kit laid out on the floor:

This week I'm gonna try and finish magnetting everything to my vest, and paint the details onto the new pieces. I'm about 99% sure that I'll need to sew a girth belt, but we'll see. I'll also try and update with my soft parts soon.

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Looks good.

TrooperJasher

• Squiggle me this...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2014, 12:29 AM »
Don't forget the Diamond...  8)

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2014, 03:13 PM »
Hey glad to see this! Keep it up!

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Don't forget the Diamond...  8)

I think her plan for the diamond was to attach it to the outside of the breast plate she has. We just haven't gotten around to it yet, haha.

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Great stuff ;) Love how this is going

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #13 on: Jun 19, 2014, 05:52 PM »
AHHH! This is awesome!

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #14 on: Jun 25, 2014, 04:26 PM »
That is a gorgeous shade of purple! Never would have thought to put it with either pink or grey but that works.
And shouldn't legacy style have no gaps at all between the plates?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Jun 26, 2014, 02:10 AM »
Nice paint job! Love that shade of purple! :o

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #16 on: Jun 26, 2014, 04:58 AM »
The flowers are awesome.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!