Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

flechette launcher a CQB weapon for hunting jedi

• 36 Replies

jirt

flechette launcher a CQB weapon for hunting jedi
« on: Nov 24, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Here's my idea for a flechette launcher a CQB weapon for hunting jedi. please excuse my extremely sad photo shopping skills.

this is just a rough idea, thinking about maybe 2 smaller blades on the top and possibly some lights on either side.

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
Re: flechette launcher a CQB weapon for hunting jedi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2013, 08:14 PM »
I see promise in this. Are you planning to have "actual" flechette rounds for display on your belts or gauntlets?

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:02 PM »
I wouldn't recommend using a Nerf gun as a base, but if you're talented enough, you can rock it.  The concept is pretty nifty, certainly.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2013, 02:42 PM »
Looks like an interesting concept vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2013, 02:54 AM »
that could really rock, despite Echo's reservations about Nerf that could work.
Just cover it all bar the handle like you show and you will be deNerffed  ;)

jirt

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2013, 08:58 AM »
that could really rock, despite Echo's reservations about Nerf that could work.
Just cover it all bar the handle like you show and you will be deNerffed  ;)

my thought is to weave a thick cobra weave with paracord around the handle then leave the bitter ends open and tie the saber crystals into it. I might leave the top loop though so a can clip it to my belt. speaking from experience holding your blaster or trying to find a place to set it down is a huge pain in the A$$ for long comic cons.

Than'del Coret

• Ner vode ja'hailir - My brother's keeper
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2013, 09:24 AM »
It is a pain to haul around everything. I think a back holster would be pretty cool. Pulss that will give you some wow points when you draw the weapon.

No matter how great of a warrior you are, eventually, everyone needs saving.

M.A.- #116
B.O.M.B.- #29

Ashen Kelborn

• Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2013, 10:17 AM »
It is a pain to haul around everything. I think a back holster would be pretty cool. Pulss that will give you some wow points when you draw the weapon.

Agreed, but I have yet to see a back mounted weapon you can draw and then put away easily without assistance or it half hanging over your shoulder

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Agreed, but I have yet to see a back mounted weapon you can draw and then put away easily without assistance or it half hanging over your shoulder
This.  I only ever have my weapons combat-slung or in hip holsters.  You can get wild with it, but on the off chance you don't have someone around to help you out, you're going to be a very sad Mando.

You could also attach it via a Covertec clip on your belt or thigh plate; one of my clan mates has a sawed-off shotgun with a similar attachment method.

Also, I'd say a nice, tight leather wrap instead of 550 cord.  Personal feeling, there.

The giant bayonet, though...  Well, that has to stay.  I have a long-standing love of bayonets placed on things that don't really need them. :D

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2013, 01:15 AM »
The giant bayonet, though...  Well, that has to stay.  I have a long-standing love of bayonets placed on things that don't really need them. :D
I agree. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2013, 02:27 AM »
Hmm.. most interesting. I got a couple of these that I've done some light modding with.. mainly to test my epoxy putty... with the right inspiration I might convert it... can never have too many guns eh? The big bayonet is pretty sweet on that.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

jirt

« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Progress on the Flechette launcher! today I tried to lay out the multi barrels for my flechette launcher.

Started off by grinding that front sight blade off. I then cut the tips off the nerf dart and stuck some wooden dowels in the middle of them. Next I put another set of nerf darts over the other end of the dowels.

Next I cut some 1/2" CPVC for my barrels and cemented them in place with the cpvc cement.

Kardos Shantiel

• I don't need gaunts I've got the POWER GLOVE!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:14 AM »
Looks promising. Can't wait to see more!

Proud member of the Dumbstruck Podcast Team!

http://www.twitch.tv/dumbstruck_podcast

Armor:

jirt

« Reply #13 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:19 PM »
Haven't touched my blaster in a while! got caught up in the rest of my build but I finally sat down and got some work done!

Did a little bondo work and sanded the digi pattern and logos off. Denerfitizing!!!! I also got the templates done for the shroud and blade. I was just about to cut them out of PVC when I realized the time and decided it was best to save it for another day.

Still have a lot of work to be done but I have a decent idea of what I'm looking at! ;D

Gatoma

• Thaxos's #1 Fan and has luposlipaphobia
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:44 AM »
Awesome! haven't seen a flachete launcher anywhere outside Jedi Academy.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!