Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Stalker: the new face of Nassad Tal

• 43 Replies

Pointoforigin

• Pointy Stick Wielder
  • Mukal Warosi
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Stalker: the new face of Nassad Tal
« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:16 AM »
Ver nice, how much :P

Naasad Tal

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din"
  • Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:17 AM »
Thanx guys! I'm extremely happy with how this thing came out!

@point: my dead body...you can see where someone already tried a head shot to try to take it ;)

@ashen: with as many weapons as I carry & with that list growing by the minute, you'd think that helmet cannons would be the obvious next step, however that is not the case in this instance. The earcaps are part of an advanced sensor package that Naasad had installed. Eventually the forward facing pods will get lights & the rear facing ones will house the mics for my audio pickups....Guess I'll just have to add more weapons to my loadout to make up for the lack of helmet cannons ;)

Thanx again for all the comments & compliments ner vode!

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2014, 02:05 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454
Shonare Vhekadla Clan #33
Brigades: Desert Ops #2
Societies: VRCA #20, Elegant Mando #66, Cabur Akaata #72, Vode Be Vhekad #2

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Dec 31, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Always love a good stalker build.. Nicely done. And mics in the rear eh? That's ingenious. Have you found any decent mics out there? I would love some...

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2013, 03:20 PM »
Do you have vents on the back for cooling fans, or is the back only painted?

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2014, 12:42 PM »
 8) now that is one really nice bucket vod ;)

awesoooooooooooooooooooooome work ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Naasad Tal

• Awards 150 troops 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2014, 02:09 AM »
Thanx for all the compliments vode!

@Ronin...I havent looked yet, but the site I use for electronics is allelectronics.com, they have everything you can hope for at REALLY decent prices.

@Vraeden...yes, I opened up the back vents for airflow, although I think my fans are going to go more near the earcaps & blow forward into my visor to keep it from fogging up

thanx again for all the compliments, I still have ALOT to do to get this thing to my final vision, but at least I have it ready for trooping!

Chris S. OM# 454

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:19 AM »
What did you use to cut your vents?  A dremel?

I ask because I'm about to start working on my own Stalker.

Can you post some pix of the inside?

Medical Corps

Naasad Tal

« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2014, 07:09 PM »
I used a dremel with a 1/8 in drill bit to rough out the vents, then I used a needle file to sharpen it all up

...here's the interior atm...

hope that helps!

Chris S. OM# 454

Vraeden

« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Is that mesh or wire screen that you have over the vents on the back and on the mandibles?

Medical Corps

Naasad Tal

« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2014, 10:21 PM »
The vents are covered by pantyhose  :P

Chris S. OM# 454

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2014, 03:53 AM »
...Naasad Tal's new face!!!

Well done over all Naasad... I might take you up on that offer at PCC this year  :P
But the only thing that looks off to me is the three BRIGHT silver scratches on the forehead. Don't know if the the flash is just exstravigating them or not, but I'd hit them with a few more washes to knock the shinney down even when someone uses a flash.

Have a good one,
Hagen

Naasad Tal

« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2014, 04:12 AM »
Not sure what offer you mean vod

honestly, I haven't done any wash on my armor yet & I'm thinking that that's what will push the new paint over the top, I see what you mean about the brightness & i think the lighting has something to do with it. I do still wanna do a wash to knock down the "shiny" a bit more though

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 04:27 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:44 AM »

honestly, I haven't done any wash on my armor yet & I'm thinking that that's what will push the new paint over the top, I see what you mean about the brightness & i think the lighting has something to do with it. I do still wanna do a wash to knock down the "shiny" a bit more though

Think he may mean the 3 parallel lines at top of crown in center

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:50 AM »

@point: my dead body...you can see where someone already tried a head shot to try to take it ;)

That offer  ;D :P

Have a good one,
Hagen

Naasad Tal

« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2014, 05:53 AM »
Yupp, Gonna do a black wash eventually & I'm pretty sure that will knock down the last of the shine on the helmet.

LMAO, I gotcha...Glad to hear you'll be making a return to PCC ;)

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 05:57 AM by Naasad Tal » Logged

Chris S. OM# 454

Hagen Nor'ak

• More then credits
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:07 AM »
Serious question now, where did you get the plastic screws and what name are they found under?

Have a good one,
Hagen

Naasad Tal

« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:12 AM »
They are nylon bolts/nuts. I get them from Lowes.

Chris S. OM# 454

Epyon Ca'tra

• “As you think, so shall you become.” - Bruce Lee
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2014, 07:21 AM »
What did you use to cut your vents?  A dremel?

I ask because I'm about to start working on my own Stalker.

Can you post some pix of the inside?

Get some pics of that bad boy and join the TASK society vod, we all dig the Stalker!  ^___^

"Swift as the wind, silent as the forest, fierce as fire, immovable as a mountain..." -The Furinkazan
MMCC #929, SVC #55, E.M.T.S. #93, T.A.S.K. #7, Kilted Mandalorian Brigade #3, GH #8, MTS (Mando Tough) #32, B.E.A.R.D.S. #43, K.O.M.S. #29
Armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=68775.0

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #43 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Looks really good. Great job :).

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!