Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New kit. New me. TracynSenaar's Legacy kit.

• 49 Replies

TracynSenaar

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
New kit. New me. TracynSenaar's Legacy kit.
« on: Jan 12, 2014, 12:38 PM »
Alright, so I know I've been completely inactive for a while, but I've been planning behind the scenes on a new Legacy style kit.
Since becoming and OM, I haven't actually gotten to do much with my kit, being that I feel it's not as amazing as it could be, and my gauntlets physically hurt me to wear. With that in mind, I'm going bigger, and looser with my new plates, and I'm changing everything. Everything.

I recently purchased a new helmet, which I am 500% excited about. Thank you Drak.
I plan on having all of my soft parts be black with bronze accents.
Anyways here are the designs for my new kit. (Excuse the sketchiness, I'm lazy.)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: New kit. New me. TracynSenaar's Legacy kit.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Cool design ;) Looking forward to seeing you build it

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Good-looking concept!  I look forward to see you joining the ranks of the Legacy Mandos. :D

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the new version :)

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2014, 07:00 PM »
nice concept, liking the Cody orange

TracynSenaar

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Cool design ;) Looking forward to seeing you build it

Thanks Niabi!

nice concept, liking the Cody orange

It's supposed to be bronze. But that's super hard to translate in photoshop. However I do like that particular orange and I ended up buying both Cody orange and bronze paint today so we'll see what I end up with!

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014, 11:37 AM by Solus Raam » Logged

TracynSenaar

« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:38 AM »
I spent my two days off buying fabrics. I bought all of my Kama fabric and vest fabric, and I also bought all of my paint colors for testing. I'm excited to start on some armor this afternoon :)

Have some sketches!
Original ideas:

New additions:

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014, 11:38 AM by Solus Raam » Logged

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Hey TracynSenaar I edited a few posts to cut down on the postings. We are starting to ask people to update previous posts instead of double or triple posting if nobody has responded. Trying to keep the boards running smoothly. Thanks!

I like the new concept. With how the paint came out on your original I'm sure this will be awesome too!

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2014, 03:46 PM »
 8) cool concept i really like it ;D

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2014, 07:17 PM »
The concept looks solid.  Digging on the bucket and the pauldron, especially. 

TracynSenaar

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:38 PM »
I started work on my gauntlets this week! So I have the tops of them, and one with the second layer extention!

Also the left isn't smaller it just fell a little!

And a color test!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:40 PM »
is that 2 tone paint or an awesome combi of 2 paints tested together?

TracynSenaar

« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:53 PM »
is that 2 tone paint or an awesome combi of 2 paints tested together?

Combination of a satin light orange color and a metallic bronze! The middle where they mixed doesn't look so hot, but side by side it is really nice!

UPDATE

Sewed my Kama together! Just finishing the details before I put everything soft together!
Here are the colors! The orange is a little less bright in person.

Here is the length! It goes past my knees right now! (Remote is for a size-comparison!)

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2014, 01:36 PM by TracynSenaar » Logged

TracynSenaar

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Alright so all of my soft parts are done! (except for gloves, I'm still working on that)
But I'm mostly infatuated with my new Kama. Here it is!

I'm going to be adding more things to it but those are secret!

And here are my legs! I'm done with my arms too but I don't have a picture yet!

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2014, 12:24 PM by TracynSenaar » Logged

TracynSenaar

« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:32 PM »
I've started painting my armor!

Also I finished my pauldron! (it's teeny yay!)

Here are the plates!

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Great Stuff ... ! !  Glad your Back at it ... ;D

I say it all the Time , Build your kit For Comfort ....  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

TracynSenaar

« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Weathering!

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2014, 12:32 AM »
I think a good blackwashing will really make that damage stand out, love the color scheme as well!

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

TracynSenaar

« Reply #18 on: Feb 22, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Current standing of armor: (Not yet done painting obviously)
Sorry for the bad picture quality, I can't find my camera.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #19 on: Feb 22, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Nice stuff vod ;) Looks cool

Poestraii

• "Po-strai"
« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2014, 04:38 PM »
Looks very cool indeed nice work!

Life is like a box of poisons. You pick your own but they all kill you in the end

Overall Progress - 5% - Color Concept & Paper Templates
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=72267.msg1097531#new

Sirus the Red

• Now with OM status! #802 (Sy-rus, not Sir-ius!)
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Feb 22, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Great stuff, can't wait to see it finished and in person!

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur!
(Today is a good day for someone else to die!)

Armor WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52662.0

Weapon projects WIP thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=55824.15

deviantArt
http://argnarock.deviantart.com/

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #22 on: Feb 22, 2014, 11:34 PM »
Looking awesome so far, vod!

TracynSenaar

« Reply #23 on: Feb 23, 2014, 12:08 AM »
Nice stuff vod ;) Looks cool
Thank you very much!

Looks very cool indeed nice work!
Thanks!

Great stuff, can't wait to see it finished and in person!
You'll be one of the first I'm sure!

Looking awesome so far, vod!
Thank youuuu!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #24 on: Feb 23, 2014, 03:40 PM »
lovin the paint apps  8), was someone trying the death of 1000 cuts on you or something? :laugh:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!