Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ne'tra Ca'verd Rebuild (Basic Templates)

• 20 Replies

Ne'tra Ca'verd

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Ne'tra Ca'verd Rebuild (Basic Templates)
« on: Jan 14, 2014, 02:39 PM »
I have recently decided to do a rebuild and was drawing up some concepts of what I am looking at doing.
The biggest motivator is the fact that I have a MDSB Assassin bucket that I have always wanted to finish because my nose will love me much more due to the sizing! :P
I am looking at doing a heavy armored mando with very high coverage. The concept is to slightly overlap plates to give it a solid look and feel but while also attaching them in a way that I will not be super limited on my movement as the plates will be able to slide a little on top of each other when moving.
Here is the concept that for the Chest:

Here is the concept for the back, It will continue with the same pattern further down I am just still not yet certain how I am going to transition it into the leg armor.

Let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2015, 11:48 AM by Ne'tra Ca'verd » Logged

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Ne'tra Ca'verd Rebuild Planning
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:13 PM »
I'm liking the concept vod ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2014, 04:40 PM »
That design will compliment your Assassin bucket greatly. Looks good ner'vod

Morut Naast

• Oya Krayt!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2014, 08:06 PM »
That's an interesting look. It'll look nice with an assassin for sure. Looking forward to seeing how you shape the plates.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Segmented armour for the win, liking allot

Ne'tra Ca'verd

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Ok I got some more time to work on this. I have some templates of the top chest plate so I can make sure I get the sizing about right before I keep drawing the rest of the plates.

Here is the plate. The lines are the bends where it will be bent to give it the proper shape.

Here is one for sizing.

Whatcha think?

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2014, 02:59 PM by Ne'tra Ca'verd » Logged

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2014, 01:42 AM »
Ok I got some more time to work on this. I have some templates of the top chest plate so I can make sure I get the sizing about right before I keep drawing the rest of the plates.

Here is the plate. The lines are the bends where it will be bent to give it the proper shape.

Here is one for sizing.

Whatcha think?
Pics aren't working, vod.

Ne'tra Ca'verd

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Pics aren't working, vod.
Thanks. Gof fhe pics fixed. permissions issue that made it so I could see them but noone else.

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2014, 03:15 PM »
from what I can tell, looks about right.
now build the rest  ;D

Ori Cabur

• Old Guard
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 75 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2014, 03:38 PM »
from what I can tell, looks about right.
now build the rest  ;D
What he ^^^^ said

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2014, 04:34 PM »
Looks cool vod  8)

I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Ne'tra Ca'verd

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2015, 11:19 AM »
It has been a while and I have been busy with other things but from the looks of things I should be getting more time to work on my armor.
Here is the whole chest/collar plate I just finished up rough templates for last night.

the main plates will be 6mm Sintra and the accent plates will be in 3mm sintra so it will have a nice layered look to it. I just grabbed the cardboard I had so the thicknesses are a little off but this is the shape I am looking at.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2015, 01:39 PM »
i like it But i dont see a chest diamond  ???

Ne'tra Ca'verd

« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2015, 11:31 AM »
Yea I haven't cut it in yet. It will be cut out of the top layer plate on the chest plate. I wanted to have the whole thing together and test out some spacing and didn't quite get to it that day. It should be coming soon (next few days) along with a few other armor pieces.

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Jun 29, 2015, 11:47 AM »
It looks really cluttered in the cardboard, but I imagine it'll look downright awesome once you've got it in the sintra. Can't wait to see it make that leap, really loving the concept.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Ne'tra Ca'verd

« Reply #16 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:13 PM »
It looks really cluttered in the cardboard, but I imagine it'll look downright awesome once you've got it in the sintra. Can't wait to see it make that leap, really loving the concept.

Yea I am hoping that with the difference in the thickness in the layers it will look a lot less cluttered.

Turns out I didn't get the time I thought I would have a few weeks ago but I got some today to work on it.

Now with the Center Diamond

And the Cod

Sholder

Now all I need are the knees base template (I have a concept drawing)  and then do a final more exact and symmetrical template before move to Sintra.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:27 PM »
Looking good, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2015, 10:28 PM »
Looks good vod

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:03 AM »
Moving to Component. Only the planning goes in the planning section, WIP goes in Components :)

Ne'tra Ca'verd

« Reply #20 on: Jul 27, 2015, 11:47 AM »
Moving to Component. Only the planning goes in the planning section, WIP goes in Components :)
Thanks,
I was planning on moving it there once I actually got the base templates done since they are very rough and will need to be redone to actually have a usable template. In my mind it was still in planning phase. But the line of what was which was a little gray to me and in my brain planning probably goes further is generally accepted as planning.

I will take the move of the thread as motivation to go buy some plastic and get the final templates finished!  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!