Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My mando ideas

• 8 Replies
My mando ideas
« on: Jan 29, 2014, 08:45 PM »
I'm thinking about what I want to do with my mando, and I was thinking that he keeps things he from the people he has killed. I was thinking of putting a Republic Commando backpack on him that he took of of one he killed, as well as kama and belt he picked up off of an ARC Trooper. I was even thinking maybe a pauldron from an ARC as well.  As my signature says, "you keep what you kill," and that's what I want my mando to be based off of. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed.

You keep what you kill.

Chro

• Rebel Spy
  • Like lukewarm water.
  • Awards Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: My mando ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Those things would probably be fine. Not sure why he'd be picking off specialized clones for trophies, but that's me.  ;)

Just keep in mind that your costume needs to be primarily Mandalorian in overall look. You don't want to look like a cobbled together clone when you're done.

Chro on FB    |    Wampa Clan Ver’alor    |    Podcast Team
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Dont get me wrong, I want to find a way to incorporate something jedi into it, but im not sure how yet. But yes, overall he will still look mandalorian, but with a lot of trophies as you put it lol

You keep what you kill.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2014, 04:35 AM »
Dont get me wrong, I want to find a way to incorporate something jedi into it, but im not sure how yet. But yes, overall he will still look mandalorian, but with a lot of trophies as you put it lol

Easy enough. A burned out lightsaber or two on your belt.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2014, 04:08 PM »
Easy enough. A burned out lightsaber or two on your belt.

Now I feel stupid for not thinking of that lol Thanks a lot, I will use this idea.

You keep what you kill.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Im with Chro on this, most Mando's are bounty hunters. Plus they would just keep small tokens if any of their kills, remember Boba kill stripes on the lid ;) Even marks like Rex, but its up to you. But keep it more Mando than clone ;)

« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Now I feel stupid for not thinking of that lol Thanks a lot, I will use this idea.

I have a saber I made using Big Yellow Box. Although trying to visit there gave me a malware warning, but basically I built it with a wooden dowel core along with some hose washers, wide metal washers, an eye hook, bolt, some thick electric conduit and connectors and the like, and a rubber grip from a flashlight.
I would upload a picture if I wasn't at work. The only downside is that the emitter head on mine keeps falling off since it's not really secured on too well. But not really planning on something that big for my kit, being trying to go to assassin myself.

Another idea that someone is doing (forgot her name.  :laugh: ) is that she's only using Force Crystals, so could go with just parts of sabers too.

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2014, 02:23 PM »
I'd do as Kyp said and keep the tropies small little things here and there, and keep your mando's gear specialized like a mando would do. Maybe a modified RC pack would do it because just stock, what's the fun in something like that? lol ;)

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2014, 12:56 AM »
I'd do as Kyp said and keep the tropies small little things here and there, and keep your mando's gear specialized like a mando would do. Maybe a modified RC pack would do it because just stock, what's the fun in something like that? lol ;)

True. A saber could be somewhat cumbersome, so If you do want some, I would say no more than 3 and keep them with a light weight.

Other trophy ideas: a vial containing lightsaber crystals, could get various chips if you hunt rogue droids, beast claws/tusks/fangs.

For trophies, make a list of what you would be hunting and see what they could carry that would be a good trophy.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!