Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Khofax WiP (winter)

• 76 Replies

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
Re: Khofax WiP (New test paint)
« Reply #30 on: Jul 17, 2014, 11:28 PM »
It looks alot better then before ner vod! Did you just sand back the paint layers for that affect? For my plates I used a multitude of implements. From toothpaste, to sanding, to wire brush then blackwash and some black spray paint to get all my effects.
You can almost see every example on this little bit of cod plate  ;D

I love the wear affects yours has though.. Making me think of a repaint. Especially those edges. So worn out.. So cool  8)

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Jul 18, 2014, 03:36 AM »
Very nice vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Khofax

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Jul 18, 2014, 06:39 AM »
Hi Jaing Vau, Ya all i did this time is sand back the paint layers. I will be using toothpaste on a few of the other parts and i may do a wash over the entire kit to make it a little more on the dirty side.

Jaing Vau

« Reply #33 on: Jul 18, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Awesome! ;D I never sanded back all my paint layers because I felt I'd go all the way through  :laugh:

This way you've done now flows a lot better and looks great. Ever improving man!

Khofax

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #34 on: Jul 18, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Thanks. The only thing i will change when i do my actual plates is to make the silver coat of pain a little thicker that way i won't be afraid to sand it a little. I think i'll do 1 coat of primer, 2 coats of silver, 1 coat of the beaten copper and 1 coat of red. It should be safe to sand. I'll also use the toothpaste method in a few spots where the more damaged areas are. 

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #35 on: Jul 18, 2014, 09:24 AM »
I did a similar thing. Four coats of silver for the main silver parts. Or two silver two red for the red parts then sand some back. Then a black brown wash to add depth.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

tacsix

• Mando'ad draar digu - A Mandalorian never forgets
« Reply #36 on: Jul 19, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Liquid masking fluid works really well instead of toothpaste. . Looks great though it's going to be epic

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. - "A warrior is more than his armor"

Khofax

« Reply #37 on: Jul 23, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Hi Gang, here is the weathering I have done so far. I still need to give it a brown wash. It needs to have a little more dirt to it. How is acrylic paint to work with for giving it a wash ? I still have room for improvement with my technique but over all I like the look.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2014, 06:02 AM by Khofax » Logged

Jaing Vau

« Reply #38 on: Jul 23, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Looking good brother! Nice and worn in  :P

Khofax

Re: Khofax WiP (New Paint Job)
« Reply #39 on: Jul 24, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Update time, here is the dirty look for the plates. The left has brown acrylic on it. I think i'll do this to the entire kit. What do you think ?

Jaing Vau

« Reply #40 on: Jul 24, 2014, 11:14 PM »
Looks good and grimy! Grimy is good!  :P

Khofax

« Reply #41 on: Jul 25, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Test fit before the Velcro gets attached to the vest.

Khofax

« Reply #42 on: Aug 02, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Update time. So the plates have been attached to my flak vest. I need to get a new belt to hold the leather pouches a little higher because as it is I find them to low but there are no belt hoops to help hold the belt up and the pouches are heavy enough to pull the belt down.  Input is always welcome.

Jaing Vau

« Reply #43 on: Aug 02, 2014, 11:20 PM »
Much better than V1!! Loving it! For the pouches you could always sew in velcro around where the belt would be to act almost as loops to hold it all up. Not too sure how well this would work but its the first thing that came to mind haha.

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #44 on: Aug 03, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Looking cool man. I think with the belt it even looks more badass atm.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!