Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Khofax WiP (winter)

• 76 Replies

Khofax

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Khofax WiP (winter)
« on: Jan 23, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Hi gang,
Here is the start of my kit. I cut some pieces out of foam to check size. I used the large template to start. Should i drop down to the next size or does this work. What do the pros think ?

that is my tshirt hanging out the bottom not my gut lol.

thanks for the input.

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2015, 05:58 PM by Khofax » Logged

Tempest

• The Villain
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Khofax WiP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Looks big to me, but it also looks like you didn't tape it all the way on. Remember to tape down the contours, so we can get an idea of how the plates would lay against you after shaping. :)

Zyras "Tempest" Marek/Tobi Ryn.
New build: Legacy - WIP.

Khofax

• Awards 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Ill try the next size down and tape it down properly and see how it looks. Thanks

Dralsya Adén

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2014, 10:29 PM »
I would say shave about 1/2 inch down on all sides of the chest and stomach plates and keep the collar where its at.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2014, 02:19 AM »
I would say shave about 1/2 inch down on all sides of the chest and stomach plates and keep the collar where its at.

This.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2014, 08:59 AM »

Yep. Basically, trim the chest to line up with the collar and trim the gut plate to line up with the chest (after it's trimmed of course).

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Looks like every one has you covered vod ;)

Looking forward to seeing the trimmed plates

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Ah, the good old J2P. I think they're a lot of fun to work on.

Everyone's got you covered as far as the plate comments go :)

Rawr grrr growl and other assorted scary noises.
WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Khofax

« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2014, 03:50 PM »
I trimmed the plates will be posting a pic soon. Thanks for all the comments.

Dralsya Adén

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:07 PM »
Make sure they are fully taped down and evenly spaced a thumbs with.

Khofax

« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2014, 05:22 PM »
I will. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. So happy that everyone is here to help point me in the right direction.

Khofax

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:23 PM »
Here is a paper version. I trimmed off a half inch on the chest and belly plate. I also put some tape to hold the sides down to see what the plates look like contoured to me. The spacing is about a half inch but ill adjust it more with the real plates. I put a little white square where my bellybutton is as a reference.

thanks for the input gang.

Kel Toi

• The Kilted Mando!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:28 PM »
I would take a half inch off the outside of the plates, spacing is good  ;)

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2014, 02:47 PM »
hmmmm i dont think size is too bad  :rolleyes: maybe 1/4 inch off the collar and chest plates ;) 

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2014, 06:45 PM »
I agree with Kyp, about half an inch of the chest plates on the outside.

Khofax

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Here is another try. I went down to the medium template for size to see how it would fit. I think this fits better. I like the coverage that it gives me. The chest plates are a little crooked but when i line them up right they should line up with the belly plate. My belly button is about an inch below the bottom of the belly plate.

Look better or back to the drawing board ?

thanks again.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Looks good vod.

Dralsya Adén

« Reply #17 on: Jan 27, 2014, 10:59 PM »
Make sure the outside chest plates match up to the bottom corners of the collar and always triple check the spacing. To me it appears the diamond is crooked and stomach isn't equally spaced between the two chest plates.

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2014, 11:36 PM »
This looks perfect!
Don't worry about crooked pieces at this point... After all they're just held with some masking tape...

Khofax

« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2014, 01:43 PM »
thanks for the input everyone.

Khofax

« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2014, 04:02 PM »
I have my 4X8 sheet of Sintra and i'm ready to rock. i was surprised at how cheap it was. It only cost me 55$ and i have enough to do everything and it looks easy to work with too.

Khofax

« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Here is an update. I took a pic of me head to toe with most pieces on. I still need to my make bracers, knees and put the shoulder bells on. I need to adjust the spacing but ill do that later.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Khofax WiP (head to toe)
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Spacing needs work, sizing is decent.  Don't forget the knee plates.

Khofax

« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:38 PM »
ya . it was tough to get the spacing with the tape but it will be fixed when i finish my vest. As for the knees, i'm working on those, the back plate and shoulders next.  thanks for the input.

Khofax

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Man. It's been a while but i've been going crazy to try and get my kit to a point where i could wear it to Ottawa Comicon. There is stuff I need to fix, add and rework. Wearing it for a few days made some things come to light that I need to take care of. I had the chance to pose and interact with other mercs. it was a great weekend. Now time to get back to work. Here is a pic of my kit and me posing with others.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!