Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

first offical kit

• 53 Replies
Re: first offical kit
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 01:32 PM »

Well i decided that my shnees were really uncomfortable so i cut them back and they are far nicer now. opinions i will be attaching it to my velcro/ flight sure in a bit :D finally getting there.

luciferian

• Roos'alor
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37 PM »
That looks a lot better Make sure you have heaps of velcro and have you thought of a couple of magnets to as back up ?

Mando Rider
0002 - luciferian

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Sniper.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Use some form of strapping as well (through the flightsuit). I have both otherwise my armour will float.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 05:09 AM »
Im going to have webbing straps running through loops on the flight suit as well as velcro.

Reyn Vok'chi

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Shaping up nicely  ;) It's really hard to tell exactly where your knees are on that pic  :laugh: are they covered well?

« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2015, 11:13 AM »
I've been sleeping a while but im back baby.
first off i think im almost there some velcro needs sewing but thats it.

Im sorry for the -censored- picture but im in my dorms at uni with only a web cam so its all i got.

« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:04 PM »
so i bribed a fiend with a camera to take some pictures better quality id say.

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #32 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Looking good, nothing too big jumping out at me, just little things.
Your sash could do with being firmly fixed in place, it looks to have slipped down a fair bit.
I can't see it too well under the sash, but the cod looks to be at a rather jaunty angle.
Upper sleeves and thighs still look quite baggy. If you need that room to move/sit then I'd suggest a strap from the gun holster and make something for the other side - grenades or something so that the strapping will stop the material from looking so wide.
Shoulders could do with shifting a tiny bit more to the front

Also, you got a vest under that? I can't tell.

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2015, 02:04 PM by Kris Jasra » Logged
Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:00 AM »

here is the finished stuff. i have fixed the stuff kris called me on. so i hope to get my kit OM by the 17th (my birthday)

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Make sure the bagginess on the flightsuit is tucked in under the shins/knees. I find a stirrup can help keep the pant legs where they should be. They do look better than they were, but they're still a bit floofy :P
You got any side or back shots? Front looks pretty good, but the other views would help.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2015, 01:23 PM »
i will try and persuade my camera back .

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2015, 07:35 AM »

so I finally had a moment to get more photos done after all my uni work so all feed back to get me OM would be epic.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2015, 07:56 AM »
Much better on those legs. Cod still looks a little lopsided, but I'm not picking anything else up from that view.
I'd say get some full preapp photos up, front back and sides etc as that's looking pretty close to done I think.

luciferian

• Roos'alor
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #38 on: Apr 19, 2015, 04:28 AM »
I agree although the negative space around the girth could do with a bit more going on maybe a thicker belt will balance it out down the track.

Mando Rider
0002 - luciferian

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum Sniper.
Re: first offical kit (new pics page 3)
« Reply #39 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:14 PM »
new cod plate strapping and raised shoulders  and I tweaked the knee placement ( may need some more tweaking not sure)
As I tried to clean up my photo bucket its messed with all the pictures so
Before :

After:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #40 on: Jun 10, 2015, 10:37 PM »
Much improved! ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ronin Tavic

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #41 on: Jun 11, 2015, 02:09 PM »
Solid start vod! Although it looks like you moved your photos in photobucket and all the links on your build here are dead.. no pictures!  :-\
from the pics at the end though it looks like you've done pretty well for yourself. I do see a couple little things with the paint app though..
not paint but first and foremost.. no fannypack.. it's super earth recognizable and there's a pretty obvious zipper in the back shot of it.
the groin plate.. I would hate to hear the story of what you went through to get THAT much damage to the groin.. I would lighten up a bit on the damage there. also it looks like its all going the same angle and direction(a mistake I made on literally EVERY scratch on my first kit.. oops!  :-X ) try to vary the size, angle, and direction a bit to give it a more natural look.
the rest of the plates is better, but they all look about the same size and shape still. think of what gave you those scars(not the joker), was it a sniper shot?(big dent or blast) small arms fire?(smaller dents, maybe a few close together) was it a direct hit, or a ricochet? big animal attack?(nexu, tiger thing from episode 2 that attacks padme) or your neighbors chihuahua?(those suckers are vicious in packs...  :blank: ) knife or lightsaber? different thoughts like that can give you a more natural less uniform damaged look.
you could also see about feathering the edges of the stripes with some light sandpaper to rough them up and match the damaged and worn look you got going.
lastly on paint... DIRT. and I'm only just saying that because I love me some dirt. mixing acrylic paint with water and dabbing it around on the plates can give you some natural worn plates that looked lived in. add brown for mud and stuff and black heavy in areas for blaster burns and carbon scoring.

I can't really tell if you have a vest either.. it gets kinda lost in all the black. you could see about adding some of that grey from the knees as an accent up top to bring it all together a little more too.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #42 on: Jun 11, 2015, 08:48 PM »
Looking good vod.

Ronin: The fanny pack is gone we've all puled that up xx :)

Ok issues I see:

Your flight suit arms and your vest look to be a bit baggy. you'd maybe benefit from a bit of tailoring.

your weathering does look a bit samey but i recon it's small enough and understated enough to not be too much of an issue.

if you have already black washed in these pics i suggest you do a couple more. the plates look a bit too clean.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Kris Jasra

« Reply #43 on: Jun 12, 2015, 05:45 AM »
Much better. Cod and shoulders look good placement wise. Knees are better - ones still facing slightly sideways, other is spot on though.

Pant legs look fine to me, just get a bit of elastic and make stirrups so they don't pull out of the boot and flop over your knees. Might need to take the sleeves in though, they still look a little billowy.
Just double check the edges of the collar plate, they look to be lifting from you just a touch and one side of the backplate may be misaligned (depends if you had a knowledgable set of hands helping you kit up - could just be wardrobe malfunction)

Beyond that I think you're into more cosmetic changes than anything else. Add some more differing size scratches, give it all a black wash, and don't forget to include the sash in the weathering.
And trophies or a rank rope worn at the shoulder would help to be a break between flightsuit and vest.

« Reply #44 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:25 AM »
so a bit of an update. Trophy's added (imperial navy tags), got some more pouches although i may add more and a dirt wash  but it doesn't seem to show up very clearly in the pictures but trust in person its there, I also applied a popper to the collar to give it a jumpsuit look rather than an armoured janitor.

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #45 on: Jul 14, 2015, 09:33 AM »
If it's not showing up in pictures you probably want to add more dirt  :P. There's a nice rule I've heard many times, that it's all about how your kit looks at about 5 feet away. More or less the standard distance that someone will take a picture at, make it look good for that distance and you're good.

That said, the kit is looking pretty good.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Kai Enby

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #46 on: Jul 14, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Everything looks great. I'd say you could really use more blackwash make it look dirty in the pics then it will look great.

« Reply #47 on: Jul 24, 2015, 04:28 PM »
right so i apologise in advanced for the double post but my brother brought his swanky camera down and took some more shots of my gear hope this shows the dirt better.
lid off

front

back
http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/TheMightySquig/media/Mando/DSC05800_zpstggkscqs.jpg.html?o=0
left
http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/TheMightySquig/media/Mando/DSC05802_zps0hcx475f.jpg.html?o=0
right

weapons

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
« Reply #48 on: Jul 24, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Plates look great. Almost app ready though I'd say your vest and the arms of your flight suit could use taking in a bit.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #49 on: Jul 24, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Also, correct your knees.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!