Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Author Topic: Legacy Armor Templates and References  (Read 18348 times)

Rokeim Gekla

• The Defiler
  • Was in the pool :(
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
Legacy Armor Templates and References
« on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:02 PM »
According to the SW canon timeline,  the Legacy Era begins at 37aby, and continues on for the foreseeable future (no 'end'  date to that era has been posted to my knowledge).  Tho no reference to this style of armor exists in print at that time or any other time until the SW Legacy comics (starting in 130 ABY), the time between 37aby and 130aby may be considered a 'crossover' period. 

The armor itself is characterized mainly by two changes.  A) New helmet designs,  and B) redesigned chest plates that give more coverage and flexibility.  Legacy armor is also classified as  Medium armor at a minimum. 

Original posts/discusstions (templates  || references)
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 12:19 PM by Rokeim Gekla »

Rokeim Gekla

• The Defiler
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
Legacy Armor Templates
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:04 PM »
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014, 12:07 PM by Rokeim Gekla »

Rokeim Gekla

• The Defiler
    • Awards
Legacy Armor References p2
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:17 PM »

Detail Shots

Gauntlets

Legs.

Backplate.

Helmet cheek detail.

Ohl'd Vart

• Head cheerleader for the Gabrin Kinoda Fan Club
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
Re: Legacy Armor Templates and References
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Is it just me or does it appear that the helmet does not have the standard cheek pieces going?  that it is just smooth all the way around, and using paint to give the cheeks some appearance.  The visor trim being the only raised portion on the helmet.

In essence...yes.

Rob
"This, too, shall pass." - Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Founding member of the BVC 2007/Alor'Ad 2007-2013 (MMCC Catalog No. 0046)

BVC Tutorial thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=52355.0

Caput gerat lupinum  ("Let His be a Wolf's Head")

Ohl'd Vart

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2014, 12:36 PM »
NOTE ON OHL'D VART LEGACY TEMPLATES

As some have noted after using these, not all of the pattern pieces I have suppled are necessarily 'canon' designs, as shown in the Legacy comics above; I thought I would add a few notes here, explaining why.

Although I used the comic references shown above to draft the main chest piece itself, the initial purpose of these were to design a one-off, custom Zabrak Mando (second) set for my son Drake and myself....that's why the pauldrons and the back plate, primarily, differ from the canon comic images you see here, and why we 'customized' certain aspects.

The variances of comic imagery being what they are, i.e., different from panel to panel, I designed the thigh plates and shin plates to closely reflect the best views I could find; I did not make any upper arm (bicep), cod piece or gauntlet patterns, as we did not need these for the initial custom design.

We we also added the extra lame (band) at the bottom of the chest piece (to compensate for Drake's height), as well as the custom pauldron designs (based on Savage Oppress), and the layered back plate (to mirror the chest, and to allow for the over-the-shoulder, one-piece "clam shell" fit). These pieces are not canon per-se, and can me modified and/or not used in your personal builds; as this is considered "Modern" era, you can easily substitute (mix-and-match) other piece patterns (original Legacy, Wizardofflight, etc.) for those parts, as you see fit.

That's also why there are two sizes, "small" and "large"...small being Drake (6 foot 1 inch, 130 pounds+/-), and large being designed for me (6 foot, 230-240 pounds+/-). If you fall above or below these initial standards, then you will have to adjust the size percentages for your printer (usually via the print interface, and usually a custom-input) to make these larger or smaller, depending on what you need for your body shape. You will have to experiment, but paper and ink is cheaper than armor material, when it comes time for fitting.  ;)

So, those are the major caveats and design parameters; at the time, it was more important to me to share my patterns freely, than to obsess over them being 100-percent uber-canon, so that's why I made the PDF packages the way they are, and put them on here.

As always, if anyone has any questions concerning the use of these patterns (and to avoid cluttering up this thread), please feel free to contact me via PM here on the forums, and I will help you in any way I can.

Build threads: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38216.0 and http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38505.0

Rob
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2015, 09:44 PM by Ohl'd Vart »

Ohl'd Vart

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Bump for easy find.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!