Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sevrin Cerar's WIP: Upgrades Boogaloo

• 76 Replies

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
Sevrin Cerar's WIP: Upgrades Boogaloo
« on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:42 PM »
Hi all!

For quite some time now I've been saying to myself loads of times "that would be cool to make", well after looking at all the amazing builds here on the forums I've finally decided to make my own beskar'gam.
I've already been fiddling around in sketchup and took a Jango fett model which I started editing.

Here is what I got:

The straps around the shins are supposed to be like the ones you would see on the boots of snowtroopers

The markings on the neck guard are taken Ralph McQuarrie his sketches of the snowtroopers, the chest patch is the logo of Nova Prospekt, found on small patches on the arms of Combine prison guards from the game Half Life 2

The sleeve patch is something you can find in Knights of the Old Republic 2, its on the sleeve of the miners uniform the player wears in the Peragus Mining Facility.
The ingame textures are not that high-res so it is not 100% accurate.

Last but not least the neck guard and back piece, something I based on the N7 armour from Mass Effect series.

Some of the soft parts are not very clear from the model but I am planning on adding some suspenders like the ones Commander Gree wears on Kashyyyk in Episode 3.
On the suspenders I am planning to mount the sheath for a knife sized vibro kukri of sorts.
I also found a horse riding supply shop which sells a rope girth belt like the one Boba Fett wears for like 15 euros, it is dark gray but that can be dyed brown right ?

The shoes are going to be a tricky one, I have EU size 48/49 which is about a US size 14, so that will be fun getting a pair of Boba shoes.
As for the belt I am not sure about yet, I did find these these pouches which would look nice I think.
I am also thinking about some leg wrappings underneath the stormtrooper shins which wrap around the boots, with the wraps about the same colour as the flak jacket.

As for the name Sevrin Loth, I took it from this guy, a not very common warhammer 40k character.
I like the name but do you all think it is usable with it being from a warhammer 40k character?

So what do you all think about it ?
Anything that needs to be changed before I start ?

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015, 12:39 PM by Yourius » Logged

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Sevrin Loth's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2014, 02:53 AM »
Nice paint scheme.  Now go build it. :D

Epyon Ca'tra

• “As you think, so shall you become.” - Bruce Lee
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2014, 08:39 AM »
The neck armor looks pretty rad, wanting to see it form in real life now.

/lurk ^___^

"Swift as the wind, silent as the forest, fierce as fire, immovable as a mountain..." -The Furinkazan
MMCC #929, SVC #55, E.M.T.S. #93, T.A.S.K. #7, Kilted Mandalorian Brigade #3, GH #8, MTS (Mando Tough) #32, B.E.A.R.D.S. #43, K.O.M.S. #29
Armor WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=68775.0

Milori Te'Bell

• The Unstoppable Mandalorian
  • Awards Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2014, 01:25 AM »
Can't wait to see how you're going to do the neckpiece, it's probably going to be hardest to line up the neck with the back, and have a solid piece around your neck and still be able to move.

Just replace Episode 1 with Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" and a YouTube clip of the Darth Maul fight.  All the story and good bits, none of the Jar Jar.
Bearded Mando #018

MAJIC Member #116

Kilted Mandalorian #009

Only a Mandalorian can make his girl a gun, and get appreciated for it.

Dana Black

• Erlaubt ist, was gefällt
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2014, 03:57 AM »
Looking great! Maybe someone from the app team can check the straps and stuff.

As for the girthbelt, if it's made from synthetic ropes, you can't dye it. Try to find cotton ones or the ones in the color you are looking for. I only have a few black ones available.
As for the soft parts, I make flightsuits, flak vests and whatever you fancy  :)

QMU #021

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2014, 12:45 PM »
Well, the helmet has been ordered, a 1:1 boba fett from Saz :D
I've also stumbled upon a pair of boots which might fit:

They are snowboots with, if I'm not mistaken, a removable liner.
The top part is mostly gonna get covered with wrappings/shins so the laces aren't going to be visible.
The best part yet is that they stock them in my size and they aren't ridiculously expensive.

Can't wait to see how you're going to do the neckpiece, it's probably going to be hardest to line up the neck with the back, and have a solid piece around your neck and still be able to move.

Yes, that is something I need to think about.
I'm definitely going to add it to the backplate sooner or later, but it doesn't have a big priority.
In the mean time I'm going to have a look at all the Mass Effect costume and see how they deal with it.

Looking great! Maybe someone from the app team can check the straps and stuff.

As for the girthbelt, if it's made from synthetic ropes, you can't dye it. Try to find cotton ones or the ones in the color you are looking for. I only have a few black ones available.
As for the soft parts, I make flightsuits, flak vests and whatever you fancy  :)

Consider a PM sent  ;D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2014, 02:15 PM »
awesome concept vod ;) I look forward to seeing it come together ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Dude! Sick render skills mate. Oh... I like the paint job too.  :laugh:

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Thanks for all the comments :D
I feel right at home here :3

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:34 PM »
Nice concept vod. I am with Echo, now go build it.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:31 PM »
Would this camouflage pattern be allowed to use on the armour plates and helmet ?

(just the green parts, not the wavy blue lines)

It's from world war 2 so would that count as vintage and thus usable ?
The idea is to use it as a subtle detail on the green parts of the armour.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:53 PM »
Some progress!

A couple of days ago I got a couple of belt pouches in and started the cleaning process.
Here they are before:

They are quite dirty and worn, a bit to for my tastes so i wiped one down, lathered some leather grease on one and got this:

When I just got them they were quite stiff and squeaky, but after wiping them down a couple of times with a wet rag the started to get supple.
I also use 4 decks of cards to keep them in shape while they dried, cause they were quite squished

1 down, 2 to go.

Action shot !

Raysh Palaven

• The Wings Of Mandalore
« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:58 PM »
That back plate and neck guard remind me of N7 armor from Mass Effect. I was working on an N7/Mandalorian kit out of EVA foam, but sadly it was stolen out of my car. Plus MMCC won't let you do theme, or use EVA Foam to become an OM but it was one of my bigger projects that I took great pride in. Haven't seen an collab of N7 and Mando armor so I tryd to tackle it. Your kit is looking good vod! Can't wait to see the finished product.

THIS IS THE WAY.
\m/

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2014, 08:44 PM »
That back plate and neck guard remind me of N7 armor from Mass Effect. I was working on an N7/Mandalorian kit out of EVA foam, but sadly it was stolen out of my car. Plus MMCC won't let you do theme, or use EVA Foam to become an OM but it was one of my bigger projects that I took great pride in. Haven't seen an collab of N7 and Mando armor so I tryd to tackle it. Your kit is looking good vod! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks :),  the neck piece is something I'm going to do after I've completed the rest of the kit, bummer to hear about your kit getting nicked!

I also did some tweaking to the Sketchup design:

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2014, 09:19 PM by Yourius » Logged

Dana Black

• Erlaubt ist, was gefällt
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2014, 03:48 PM »
By the way, did you hear about a bbq/armorparty at Esther&Jeroen's?
We'll keep you posted!   :D

QMU #021

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!