Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sevrin Cerar's WIP: Upgrades Boogaloo

• 76 Replies
Re: Sevrin's WIP
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2015, 07:52 AM »
Love the kit :)

I have the same vintage belt pouches, although I want the old, beat up look, I'm not so keen on how 'squished' they are so it's good to see that they can be re-shaped with just a damp cloth and some playing cards! At the moment mine are in a box filled with cat-litter (the internet told me that's how you deal with old leather that's taken on a moldy smell ??? ).

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2015, 01:15 PM »
Thanks vod!
Two packs of cards work like a charm for "desquishing" them.
If you let the pouches dry for a couple of hours with the cards in them after wiping it down, then they'll keep their shape better and don't forget give them a some coats of leather grease.
It's good for the leather and keeps it nice and supple.

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2015, 01:22 PM »
On the list of things I didn't expect to see today, giant beaver with a rifle was right up there :D

Are those the Mauser pouches on your ammo belt? They look similar to some pouches I've considered acquiring.

Kit's looking good, vod!

WiP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=88828.0

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)
House Buurenaar Verda -  Batuu Clan
OM Troops: 7

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2015, 02:12 PM »
Thank you :)
Wasn't expecting to be held under fire by a giant beaver that day too :P
Yes those are mauser ammo pouches, yugoslavian to be specific.

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Are you close to applying vod?

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Sorry, completlely forgot posting about that!
Well, so I submitted my application but sadly I got dinged.
I need to cover the shoe lace eyelets.
I need to trim my abplate so it fits on my flakjacket and I need to trim my torso plate because they look too big.

I'm already working on some boot armour to cover up the eyelets and I'm going to simply cut off a part of the bottom of the abplate.
Don't know how I'm going to do my torso plate, not really keen on cutting up my chestplates or making new ones :/

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Just trim a bit off the outside, not that hard.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #57 on: Jun 05, 2015, 11:55 AM »
you have a nice kit there vod ;) so close, just a few minor changes and then you are good

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #58 on: Jun 06, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Thank you Niabi!

At the coming armour party I'm going to make the adjustments to my plates and make the (hopefully) final app pictures.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #59 on: Jun 08, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Hmmmmm
I need some advice on an idea for a main weapon.

It's a combination of a Kar98k and a bowcaster, I already have an airsoft k98k replica which doesn't fire anymore and I have an idea how I'm going to make/mount the bow part(did two different ends just to see how both look).
the tubes near the trigger are supposed to be something like an energy port/connector like the magazine well on this rifle .

I really like the shape and style of the kar98 so I'm not keen on cutting the rifle up or making huge modifications to it.
So what do you think?

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #60 on: Jun 08, 2015, 07:14 PM »
It looks like a pretty solid idea. I've fired a few 98s in my time and had the bruised shoulders to prove it.

The only issues I foresee are that you'll probably want to remove the bolt action if possible.  Also, you'll want to be careful what material you use for the 'bow' additions. Given the length of the Kar98, too much weight in that area could make it awkward to troop with.

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #61 on: Jun 08, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Hope to shoot a k98 some day, but I think that may not be to easy here :/

By removing the bolt action, do you mean for convention safety or for looks?
With the airsoft replica I already removed the main spring and plunger(it's a spring power rifle), the triggerwont move anymore and I've made a plug for the barrel, if that all helps.

Oh and maybe usefull to know for everybody looking at the rifle design, I'm aiming for recon/Hostile enviroments(mountain ops) and I still need a rifle for it.
So would this design fit the bill for recon?

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2015, 08:46 PM by Yourius » Logged

Vailin Flynn

• Urge to kill...rising
« Reply #62 on: Jun 08, 2015, 10:28 PM »
It was more from a con safety standpoint, but every event is different. It sounds like the mods you've made will allow it to pass muster with the safety folks.

If memory serves me correctly, the recon reqs say that a battle rifle or assault rifle are ok as long as there's no sniper stuff going on. Your KarBowcaster would seem to fit that description.

OM #1476
Cabur Akaata #16
M.A. #153 (24er)

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #63 on: Jul 09, 2015, 12:19 PM »
Yay  :D I got me stripes!

Been busy finishing the last bits and bobs for this school year so haven't gotten around to posting a picture of where my kit stands now.

So with this part of the journey complete, let get those upgrades starting! :P

What I have planned is as following:
-preproduction boba fett style halve cap/poncho
-cloth hip pouches
-german gasmask cannister on the back of my belt
-switch the leg holster to a shoulder holster
-shin armour
-leg flares on both legs

« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2015, 12:42 PM by Yourius » Logged

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Sevrin Cerar's WIP: Upgrades Boogaloo
« Reply #64 on: Jul 09, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Congrats on the stripes vod, looks good.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #65 on: Jul 09, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Thanks vod!

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #66 on: Jul 09, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Grats, Kit looks awesome. Really dig the look of those knees!

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Jaing

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #67 on: Jul 09, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Congrats!

Obviously, we are a bit past planning. I'm going to move the thread to components. Keep it up with upgrades though!

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
« Reply #68 on: Jul 09, 2015, 08:36 PM »

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #69 on: Jul 09, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Thanks guys :D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #70 on: Jul 23, 2015, 03:37 PM »
little bit late in posting (ive been battling with my black Strill) But.....

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #71 on: Jul 23, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Thanks Niabi :D

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #72 on: Aug 19, 2015, 03:50 PM »
Cape and new holster are done!
So that's two of the list!
I'm also thinking about replacing my backplate with a storm trooper backplate and seperate clone pauldrons.
My current backplate has the pauldrons attached to the backplate and my helmet has a tendancy to catch on them, don't know for sure if I'm going to replace it but I am thinking about it.

Upgrade Checklist:
-cloth hip pouches
-shin armour
-leg flares on both legs

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #73 on: Oct 07, 2015, 10:17 AM »
UPDATE TIME

So how are the upgrades going?
Some added to the list, some ticked off

Upgrade Checklist:
-cloth hip pouches
-shin armour
-heel armour
-leg flares on both legs
-new pauldrons
-new backplate

Currently I'm working on my new pauldrons, seperate ones that aren't attached to my backplate.
Haven't had much luck finding accurate templates so I'm still tinkering with the scale of my templates.

Shinplates and heel plates are up next.

I'm also working towards the brigades, I'm gonna go with mountain operations and recon.
A fitting combo I think, a sort of mountain infantry.
When I started my kit I had the idea of the recon brigade in mind so I haven't got much to change/add I think.

For brigades I'm going to make a pair of climbing axes and maybe some kind of backpack.
Something like the backpacks snowtroopers carry, not exactly the same, as I don't want to use too much trooper gear.

I also have to saber crystal trophies hanging from my shoulder.
At a event a while ago I got second place in a costume contest and won a pendant.
So as a trophy it has a in character and out of character meaning :P
Also had a small piece of amethyst which I turned into a second one so it doesn't just look like a single stone hanging from my shoulder.

Oh and I finally got a blaster rifle!
It's based on the blaster from the supertrooper boba fett.

Sevrin Cerar

• Forumalorian
« Reply #74 on: Mar 20, 2016, 03:13 PM »
The new backplate is almost done, It's got the first layer of primer.
Only need some minor sanding and then I'll go on and give it some colour.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!