Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dynas MP Kit

• 7 Replies

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Dynas MP Kit
« on: Mar 18, 2014, 07:31 PM »
Will this work or must i remove the shins and boot armor?

Also, if I did do that would I pass as a MP?

EDIT: Assuming I add a jetpack (which is next on the list and so are chest lights.)

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Dynas MP Kit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Love this kit!

Yeah, you'll have to remove the shins and boot armor.

You have a rope girth belt, right? I think I can see it, but I'm on my phone. If so, I'd recommend dying it red (you can do this with water-based stain) and placing it below your ammo belt so that it can be seen more prominently.

Assuming you have a canon weapon (can't remember your weapon from your app, sorry), after you get your jetpack and go down to light armor, you'll be ready to apply to the brigade!

If you're open to suggestions, I'd add the following items to your to-do list:

-Addition off double sleeve to flightsuit
-Thigh and shin pockets
-Hip pouches
-Boba style boots
-Boba style gloves
-Half cape

Dynas

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Cool. thanks. That's a lot of work.  I'll start with the jetpack and go from there.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Dynas

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Ok. Done some changes and also noticed the BRL changed. That being said. I have added the double sleeves, changed the boot armor to Spats, added the JETPACK.

This is the most recent pic I have. I know its not he submission photo type but based on this photo is there anything else I am missing under the BRL.

Note: I plan on adding chest lights too. I have the circuit board working, just need to get motivated to cut out the chest area for it.

EDIT: Forgot the Pic

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2015, 01:00 PM by Dynas » Logged

Mark II

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2015, 09:03 PM »
Everything looks great! The additions of the shin plates and the Jango-style holsters are all included in the options in the new BRL's.  And I like the use of spats, though against the black leather, it looks a bit odd.  I think what it is, is that the boots and gloves are not distressed like the rest of your kit.  Take some fine grit sandpaper to those boots and gloves and give them a light distressing to make it flow a bit better.  Maybe a splattering of brown paint on the boots for mud/dirt.  Right now they look shiny.

The only thing that your kit doesn't match for the BRL's is the blue visor trim.  The BRL's state that the visor must be Red, Yellow, or Orange - as those are the only colors we've been able to pinpoint as belonging to the Mandalorian Protectors.  The blue on your jetpack and gauntlets are perfectly fine, but having it on the helmet as it is conflicts with established Protector references.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Dynas

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2015, 09:38 AM »
The boots are new! I noticed that during my last troop how clean they were and stepped on them. I can do some distressing.

EDIT: orders some gray gloves yesterday to match. That has always bugged me.

As far as the visor I was modeling my kit after this guy in the open Seasons comic. Character named Silas.

The guy behind Jango, not Montross.

Also I believe the old BRL allowed for blue, not sure of the reason for the change?

Per quote of BRL. I view it as follows: Green= Primary, Yellow = Secondary, Blue = Tertiary

Colors
The primary color of the armor has to be medium green, similar to Boba's. 
A main secondary color must be present. Secondary colors may only be red, yellow, or orange.
A tertiary color may also be chosen and may be white, light blue, purple, grey. Tertiary colors must be used sparingly.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2015, 11:27 AM by Dynas » Logged

Mark II

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2015, 02:26 AM »
The images you provided are from the comic book Jango Fett: Open Seasons. The Mandalorians shown in it are of a different time period than the Mandalorian Protectors and they are actually identified as the True Mandalorians, which have their own Brigade and their own BRL's here.

The coloring for the Mandalorian Protectors are as follows:

Colors
  • A main secondary color must be present. Secondary colors may only be red, yellow, or orange.

Armor
  • Helmet:
    • The visor frame/mandibles must be the secondary color
The reason for the change is that there is no source in any Legends material that showed a blue visor. All visors were either red or some variation of a yellow/orange.  This is true on every depiction of a Mandalorian Protector.  Many fans have lumped the Mandalorian Protectors and the True Mandalorians into the same entity, however they are quite different both appearance and ideology as well as timeframe, creating a clear division between the two.  The MP BRL's were updated earlier this year to reflect what we clearly see in all source material.[/list]

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2015, 02:30 AM by Kol Hokan » Logged
Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Dynas

« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2015, 08:40 AM »

This pic?

My bad. I get the TM and the MP mixed up all the time.

Mark II

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!