Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" **Merc Approved**

• 151 Replies

Adenn Karta

• All-Singing, All-Dancing Spikylorian.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" *PICS APR 15 2014*
« Reply #30 on: Apr 18, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Digging this. Very cool parts list, the belt and coldcast jetpack, plus the 'chuck rifle, are gorgeous. Great job on the paintwork on the helmet, as well. very good job of translating the comic look over.

Official #0218
OM date - 20/07/09

tubachris85x

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #31 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Digging this. Very cool parts list, the belt and coldcast jetpack, plus the 'chuck rifle, are gorgeous. Great job on the paintwork on the helmet, as well. very good job of translating the comic look over.

Thank you! I really appreciate your comments!

"You're worth enough...dead..."

tubachris85x

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #32 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Today I received my first of two flak vests, this one being from Ladyghost. I can't stress how high quality and professional this is, down to the piping and the liner. It's beyond exceptional.

As predicted though, my weight loss shows. The measurements I gave initially for this were much larger, and now, while it "fits" me, it's doesn't have that "snug" look I need. Aside from having the mid-section reduced, the shoulders will need to be cut down as they are covering most of my shoulders, which need to be exposed.

Forgive it's rough appearance so far, but I dressed myself up to this point, so I know for future reference I need someone there to help when I put my belt on and such. The rear is not pulled down tight and it appears un-even and un-centered with the JP harness straps. I'm going to also have to play around with the harness. It's adjustable fortunately but I'll have to make it such that it works well with the vest as to not cause distortions.

So, looking at this, it tells me I need to hold off for awhile before I can really move forward on making the necessary adjustments if I don't want to keep spending money. The belt I can finish up, but I'll have to add more velcro to it as parts of it need to be more stable and overall tightened up, again, due to weight loss.

All in all, I'd rather have this current dillema where I can cut VS being too fat and having to start completely over!

And I didn't have padding in the helmet, so yea, looks weird...

-TC

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" *UPDATE APR 18 2014*
« Reply #33 on: Apr 20, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Still cool to get a glimpse at what's coming. Woot.

Official Troop Count: 73

Vhett Naast

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #34 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:40 PM »
The belt looks great! and so does the vest.  Can't wait to see more.

tubachris85x

« Reply #35 on: Apr 21, 2014, 11:43 AM »
I have the vision in my head...Just want it to be real...

The jetpack should be arriving today. Says it's out for delivery...

tubachris85x

« Reply #36 on: Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 PM »
The jetpack is IN! AND IT IS GORGEOUS!!! Pictures absolutely DO NOT do it justice....it has a mirrored shine to it and if you didn't know any better, you'd honestly believe this was actually machined metal!!

It is now starting to take shape...

Stay tuned.....

-TC

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Open Seasons: Montross "The Brutal" *JETPACK ARRIVED!!*
« Reply #37 on: Apr 21, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Fierfek, that thing's gorgeous!  Where'd you get it?  Is it a cold-cast piece?

Jaing Vau

• "Verd ori'shya beskar'gam"
« Reply #38 on: Apr 21, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor  :o

« Reply #39 on: Apr 21, 2014, 11:21 PM »
Fierfek, that thing's gorgeous!  Where'd you get it?  Is it a cold-cast piece?

In the OP, he says it's a cold cast from NME. Dunno if that changed or whatever.
And holee chao is it ever gorgeously done!!

Eek! The Cat is my spirit animal. Trufax.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #40 on: Apr 21, 2014, 11:50 PM »
In the OP, he says it's a cold cast from NME. Dunno if that changed or whatever.
And holee chao is it ever gorgeously done!!
Ah, must've missed that.  I only look at the pitchers, anyhoo. :D

It's a gorgeous piece, certainly.

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #41 on: Apr 22, 2014, 12:26 AM »
I can't wait it see that jetpack in person. Man it looks fantastic.

Official Troop Count: 73

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #42 on: Apr 22, 2014, 01:21 AM »
How much did NME charge for a polishing of it? Was it included?

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Svik Katora

• Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #43 on: Apr 22, 2014, 02:09 AM »
SHINY! You're going to fix that, right? :P

FreemanBanana

• Kebii'tra Tracyn
« Reply #44 on: Apr 22, 2014, 07:09 AM »
SHINY! You're going to fix that, right? :P

Maybe he just picked up a new jetpack?  :P  :laugh:

I would hate to see it deshined! It's so pretty.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!