Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Mereel WIP

• 6 Replies
Jaster Mereel WIP
« on: Apr 14, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Hi Guys
A friend of mine has decided to do the montross kit and so I have decided to do Jaster Merell as I have always wanted to do a mando costume but never knew what to do until he came to me with this idea  :D

So I am looking for all the help I can get as I really don't know where to start  :o

Want to order a lid off Saz this week but can anyone tell me if jasters lid is same as Jangos? Also any info on any good makers to order other gear?

Thanks in advance  :D :D
Tony

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
Re: Jaster Mereel WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2014, 07:47 PM »
I'd say a good start would be to etch every panel from the first two issues of Jango Fett: Open Seasons into your brain. With high-resolution pictures of the Boba and Jango costumes up on your monitor so you can glance back and forth and see the differences. Different earcaps, different back vents, et cetera.

He's got blasters on the backs of his gauntlets, much like Fenn Shysa. And what looks like the housing for a whipcord launcher on the outside of his right gauntlet. But your best bet for those is to make or look for standard clamshell gauntlets and then add on those pieces, rather than go Boba/Jango style gauntlets and try to make them work.

He's got thigh and shin armor like Jango's, and boots, too, but his boot armor is a bit more abbreviated.

His chest plates are cut differently from the standard Boba/Jango template -- not going down into points, and projecting out around to the sides at the lower outer edges. The ab plate fits with this, having a wider upper edge, and not cutting down to the Fett-style side projections. The collar and backplate are Jango style -- with a gap between them, rather than overlapping the way Boba's do. He doesn't wear a rocketpack, and his backplate reflects this, with no slots for the harness strapping to feed through, or raised flat surface for the 'pack to rest against.

He has a double holster rig like Jango's, with the straps feeding through slots in the groin armor to anchor inside. However, I've never seen him with any blasters in them.

His ammo belt looks about an inch and a half wide, same brown as the holsters and the pouches worn on it, and buckled very visibly in front. Check the visual reference for the design of the pouches. His sash looks to be cloth, the way it's mostly depicted, and not braided leather or woven mohair, like Boba or Jango. However, one panel shows it more like a padded tactical inner belt like one of these -- although in the same brown as the rest of the leather goods.

There are good visual references for his blaster rifle, too, but it's probably going to be a scratch-build. Someone else on here might know if anyone makes it to sell or as a kit, though.

And the yellow diamond painted on his chest armor was only for that last mission where he was killed. It'd be up to you if you wanted to have it on there to be specific to that setting, or leave it off to be representative of how he appeared the rest of the time.

There are vendors on here who can provide most of those pieces. I don't know of anyone who makes the Jaster-specific chest and belly plates, though.

--Jonah

« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2014, 12:09 PM by Peregrinus » Logged
MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Nate Jangotat

• Just trying to make my way in the universe...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Watching with interest  8)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2014, 03:11 PM »
Thanks for all that info m8  :D and looking forward to meeting up soon Nate  :P

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Hi guys
Still gathering info on this build and trying to find suppliers and makers for parts.

Hit a brick wall with gauntlets :-( jaster has gauntlets nothing like Jango or bobba, so does anyone know who can make me plain gauntlets or custome built cold cast ones?
Cheers

Peregrinus

• Ven'cuyi o'r ni'havlaam... >_>
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2014, 03:03 AM »
I'd say these make a pretty darn good base, and working with sintra will make them easy to mod. Just let him know what you need, maybe with a couple pictures, and he might even be fine making them Jaster style. It'd actually mean less marking and cutting for him.

--Jonah

MABEL #008

WIP "clearing house" posts:
Protector-themed v0.5 kit

Plus, guns:
Custom Westar-34
Merr-Sonn

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 09:25 AM »
Looking forward to this build.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!