Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bernie's Beskar

• 15 Replies

bernie

• "There's no reason we can't be civil"
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ invasions in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
Bernie's Beskar
« on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Some time ago I decided I was not pleased with my old colours. Somehow what I had in mind and what it became where two totally different things. Long story short, I repainted the entire thing. The only part that is still in the original colours is the orange part around the visor, the earpieces and the shoulder pads. The gaunts will soon be replaced by better quality ones, which will be painted in the same desert colour as the rest of the armour. Now, without any further delay, version 2:

And the obligatory close up

Next version will have a jetpack added to it as well, as I feel like I'm missing some much needed bulk right now.

Goram Korr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Bernie's Beskar
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2014, 06:43 PM »
I like it! Nice classic mando look with your own personal touch added in. I think a jetpack will be a nice touch. I know some folks are not a fan of jetpacks at all but to me a pack really adds alot to a kit. I really couldn't imagine mine without my arena pack strapped to my back.

Merc #706
VRCA #22
BMC OM #8
Most of BMC is over achievers. I only go quarter tassel at most.

Kindar Besk

• Traat'aliit Kyr'tsad!!!!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2014, 08:50 PM »
This is an amazing kit! I can't applaud it enough, great job!

MMCC #0945
VRCA #041
M5 Supporter #4
New Deathwatch Order #1

bernie

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ invasions in 2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Well, time for another update

added some black to the bucket, got a pair of new gaunts, added toespikes, and added insignia to the gloves.

version 2.5

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2014, 05:04 PM by bernie » Logged

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2014, 03:22 AM »
Looking good my Ostend friend :)

Kelan Ord

• Mando McConaughey
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2014, 01:55 PM »
Weathering on this is flawless!
Very good job!

Jardo Lightwei

• Slow and steady gets the job done.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2014, 05:21 PM »
I really like the boots. Where'd you get them?

"No one cares who your father is, only the father you will be." Mandalorian proverb

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Weathering on this is flawless!
Very good job!

Yiyeee !  :o  I agree !

Enjoy the payoff of your Hard Work You Should
 This looks really Terrific ner'vod ... Well Done ....  ;)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Your kit looks fantastic

Jay Krayt

• Practice makes progress
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2014, 10:48 AM »
The weathering is spot on. Your kit is spectacular vod.  8)

bernie

« Reply #10 on: Aug 09, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Whoa, totally lost sight of this thread. Thanks to all for the kind words, sorry that my reply took some time.

I really like the boots. Where'd you get them?

Jardo, the boots come from CAboots. A lot of people, both here and on the TDH forum recommended them. You can find them here:
https://www.caboots.com/cart/product/boba_fett_ankle_boots/

The spike came from evolution props in Argentina. If you send him an E-mail he can send you the spikes separately.
The boots are awesome, can't recommend them enough. Don't forget that they have to be weathered though.

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2014, 04:32 AM »
Wow thats some cool weathering vod ;)

Im really liking your kit a lot ;) in fact  :rolleyes:

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

bernie

« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Well, it's been a while, have an update

Changes made:
-Added a jetpack
-added a sidearm
-more weathering, like, everywhere
-more pouches, can't have enough of those to hold stuff

And to top it off, a new shiny blaster

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Tell me about the cloth around your neck. What is that?! It looks neat, I have a knitted thing like it for riding my bike in the winter... But it's too terrestrial for my kit. Also where did you get the cloth large belt pouches? I am concise ring a pair.
I dig your rig.

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2015, 02:39 AM »
As someone who knows Bernie's kit pretty darn well ( I have been his handler for a at least 5 troops, helping him get dressed and such :P ), the cloth around his neck is a sniper scarf he airbrushed a pattern on. And the cloth pouches are handmade by someone we know ( Creative Art Shop on etsy Here ).

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #15 on: Oct 06, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Very Cool ... I like the Upgrades ...  8)

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!