Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My First Mando

• 16 Replies
My First Mando
« on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Hi everyone this will be my first build of any kind, I'm wanting to go with a black and red theme, I have a pair of coveralls I need to die, I have a old spear gun to make into a sniper rifle and I have a nerf shotgun to mod.

This is my concept

Helmet

Spear gun

Shotgun

Wanting to see what people think of the sizing on my plates?

Thats it for now

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: My First Mando
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:22 PM »
Hey mate!

Concept looks pretty solid, and I like the idea behind that spear gun! Can't wait to see what you do with that!

As to the plates, I think they might be slightly too wide. I reckon about a centimetre or two off the outside edges should really help.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Additionally, you'll want to move the collar up to where it's almost choking you, then put the chest plates no more than an inch below it.  Then the ab plate no more than an inch below those.  The bottom of the ab plate should rest on or near your navel, but no more than about an inch above it. 

Jaegun's right about your plates being too wide.  Check out Jango here:

If you notice, he doesn't actually have a whole lot of armor coverage.  And you can see that if he were to touch his left shoulder with his right hand, it wouldn't move his plates around.  That's the sort of coverage you're ideally going to want. 

So trim those bad boys down and tape 'em up again, and we'll give 'em another looksie.   :)

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Thanks guys i'll pull out the scissors and get to it.

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Awesome

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Tiric Keel

• Family is more than blood!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Posting to follow, can't wait to see this come to life! 

Karta Beskar 2019
OM Troops: 100+  Educational Troops: 23
MMCC # 1081
159   Tiric Keel, 10/17/15, Vanguard, 267th Rapid Assault   Demolitions
DZ-80396 “Ace”
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Couldn't find the diamond but if i could get opinions on the rest of the plates thankks.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2017, 03:34 AM »
They look a little small to me vod.

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Couldn't find the diamond but if i could get opinions on the rest of the plates thankks.

I think we've gone a bit too far with the cutting. Looking at the templates, I think I may not have explained what I meant by saying the outside edge. The first lot of templates were good length-wise, I think all you needed was to take 1-2 centimetres off the outside, so just 1-2 cm off the edge facing your arms. Nothing off the bottoms or inside edges, just the outside.

« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2017, 05:55 AM »
I cut some off all around the plates, back to the drawing board, would be alot easier if my printer worked it'll copy stuff put wont print.

Havelock

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:23 AM »
I'm in the "I don't have a printer" boat, too so I feel your pain.  When you can, print out the templates and give it another go.  We'll be here to help out and guide you along.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2017, 10:57 AM »
If you took off 1-2cm all the way around, you can still fix it. Take your templates and glue them down on a blank sheet of paper. Use a ruler as a straight edge and go around the templates and add back the 1-2cm in the places I've highlighted. Then cut out your new patterns. :)  This should give you back the length without effecting the width or having to printout new templates.

Havelock

« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Or you could do ^^^^ that.   :P

« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:14 PM »
Thanks didn't think of doing it that way will hopefully have pa photo up later today

Dar'manda

« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Thanks didn't think of doing it that way will hopefully have pa photo up later today

Np!

« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2017, 03:49 AM »
Took me a few days to get around to this but redid templates

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2017, 04:32 PM »
I think there needs to be a bit more space between chest and lower plate. Just eyeballing but Maybe shave off a bit on the sides of the chest pieces and maybe make the lower plate a bit larger.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!