Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Lizean Akai V1 (Picture Intensive)

• 124 Replies

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Lizean Akai V1 (Picture Intensive)
« on: Aug 24, 2008, 11:53 PM »
So after about 5 years of hardcore planning and a total of 3 intensive weeks of work, finally got her done.
The location is about 15 minutes away from my home stead, beeeautiful day, yes?
I'll answer any questions if you have any.

(icky out of helmet shot)

*gimpy pose*

*prances*

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Lizean Akai V1 (Picture Intensive)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2008, 11:53 PM »
First!

It looks very good Hydra :D I'm particularly fond of the prancing.

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2008, 11:54 PM by Frost K'Amon » Logged

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Nice work!  Perfect place for photos...the backgrounds are stunning.

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:08 AM »
Got your app... I'll just link this thread... disregard the email I sent requesting pix.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Kandosii, ner burc'ya...looks amazing ;D. The only thing I'd say is that the diamond sternum plate just looks kind of odd. Feels like it should flare out toward the bottom, like the inner lines of the chest plates. Still, amazing altogether, :).

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Shocye Ren

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:19 AM »
Wow, I don't know which looks better, your kit or the countryscape! You've done an excellent job, all of your gear works perfectly together. You should be very proud.

Runi Ne'tra

• Colleen's TK
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:26 AM »
The prances photo totally scared the hell out of me hahaha  :D :P

Very very well done.  I like the lightweight look of the armor, and I agree.. the backgrounds really stole the show.  Unfortunately the most exciting thing in Ohio that I could take pics in front of are trees or cows.... neither very exciting or filled with much character or drama.  :D  Can't wait to see it at D Con if you're going. 

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:30 AM »
They could be hell cows? IDK about you, but the cows in the Cow Level of Diablo II scared the osik out of me the first time I went in there :P.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Frost K'Amon

• We will bury them!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Moo.
Moo!
MOOOOoooOOOooOOO!
Moo.

but still, izz vurry purdy, I'm also enjoying the boba-thong redux going on.

Koza Teroch

• Wrap a taco in a enchilada: TWO POINTS!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:46 AM »
Very nice Hydra, great job! gives me some ideas on redoing my current build.

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2008, 01:01 AM »
Holy Flying F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ all other mandos. We have a winner.

Runi Ne'tra

• Colleen's TK
« Reply #11 on: Aug 25, 2008, 01:53 AM »
Holy Flying F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ all other mandos. We have a winner.

Translation: Bio got excited.

Poor Bio

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2008, 01:56 AM by Runi Ne'tra » Logged

Jaden Tracyn

• Real mandos cry...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Aug 25, 2008, 03:24 AM »
wow! Been waiting for your armor for a long time! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2008, 06:45 AM »
Very very nice Hydra!  Looks like we're gonna have ALOT of hot female mandos at DCon this year.  =)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Tigris Falco

« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2008, 07:59 AM »
That looks bloody sweet

Rokeim Gekla

• Hasn't defiled in a while
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Very well done Hydra !  'bout time we get the Mistress in armor ! :P   Overall it everything seems to sit well and the spacing is perfect.   I will agree with Jun that the Bicep area needs a little tightening up, but thats obviously your choice.   One other thing I noticed was how your cape hangs, to me it looks a little 'light' ?  Dont know if thats the right word for it, or if it was what you were going for in the first place  :-\ 

Novall is right too... wesa gunna have alotta good lookin Femando's (all ya'll look good, so dont be shootin at me !) at D*Con !

Zazarus

• You can stuff a cat anywhere with enough jell-o.
« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Very well done, been wanting to see this armor all put together but wasn't sure when you would finish.  Again it looks great!

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #17 on: Aug 25, 2008, 12:02 PM »
wow....seriously hydra this is upo there with one of ther best finished costumes ive ever seen...this ranks up there with novall and ram...no kidding

and i have a question for ya

why do you have to make the rest of us look bad?  ;)

seriously stunning 'gam u have made yourself there....i for one have been watching this since your first post on TDH...so its amazing to see this finnaly come together! you did an amazing job hun! if there was a clapping smilley id use it now!

brisk  ;D

« Reply #18 on: Aug 25, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Very nice, good job.

Hellfire Squad

MMCC * 0041

THE MAN, THE LEGEND...

Shak-ti 4 Him

• Dessert is NOT a treat... It's a necesscity!!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 25, 2008, 03:29 PM »
That is awsome armor!!!! LOVE IT!!! amazing!  ;D :o

"The difference between people who do things and people who DO things is that the people who DO things do things..."

Try and figure that one out...

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:27 PM »
That is awsome armor!!!! LOVE IT!!! amazing!  ;D :o

Makes you wanna go mando now...doesn't it? =D

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Yikes!  It looks like you stepped right out of your concept drawing!  Amazing work!  Now you've made me afraid to post up anything I do because there's no way I could do anything that would measure up to this.  :o

That last picture is pure epicness.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Axon Kor Verda

• Slicers like splodies too!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Absolutely stunning work Hydra!!! Man, makes me want to scrap everything and not costume now because I could never get close to that level...I wont stop, I'm just saying...absolutely amazing!

Fighting the good fight since 2008 and still getting my shebs kicked...

Runi Ne'tra

• Colleen's TK
« Reply #23 on: Aug 25, 2008, 05:06 PM »
I noticed you put Version 1 in the thread topic.  Are you going to be changing it up any time soon?

Hydra

• Awards Leap into Action is the award for the best mid air action picture. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #24 on: Aug 25, 2008, 05:54 PM »
Thanks soooo much guys! It means so much to me to have it finally "done" after so many years. The compliments really melt my heart as well! I'll be a little short on time to comment, as I was at work from 5 AM to about 11 AM and in college courses from about 12 PM - 7 or 10PM and will be until D*Con... *dies*

The cape is made from linen, meant to be light and fluttery, I plan to drag it around in some dirt though, so it won't be so damn clean.
And yeah! I plan on adding some bicep straps with boxes, as well as another belt to the hips, eventually though.
You can see them in the concept art. Not all the details are the same, no, but that's alright, I went more with the functionality route:

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2008, 05:55 PM by Hydra » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!