Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Looking for: Non-latex bald cap solution for Darth Malgus

• 3 Replies

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
I have a Darth Malgus costume that is designed to work fine with the hood up, however I am looking to add the option without the hood up. My wife forbid me from shaving my head and I have a latex allergy thing so most bald caps create a problem for me. My question is this:

Has anyone here used a non-latex type baldcap the worked well and looked professional?

Thanks

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Looking for: Non-latex bald cap solution for Darth Malgus
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:43 PM »
A few places make silicone bald caps. Much better and more durable than latex. I have not used one, myself. But I have friends in other costume clubs that I know have used them and love them. I'm afraid I do not know a good place to get them, but I would think a quick web search would get you a few to look at.

But be prepared...silicone products are typically quite a bit more expensive than the latex ones.

Prosaide or (my preference) Beta Bond (by Telesis) will hold just about any sort of appliance in place for hours.

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

BedlamX

• Reconciler
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Looking for: Non-latex bald cap solution for Darth Malgus
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 06:08 PM »
I looked through my usual FX make-up sites and almost every one of them is out of stock on the silicone (some refer to it as "plastic") bald caps. They never give a guess on when they will be restocked, though. Good luck with your search. There has to be some place that has those buggers  :P

"Remember, Private..Friendly Fire is not a nice warm place you and your hippy buddies sit around at night toasting marshmallows and singing Kumbaya." --Me to one of my troops way back when

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!