Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Specs_Avatar Ghes Orade Armor WIP

• 5 Replies

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
Specs_Avatar Ghes Orade Armor WIP
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Hello! David here posting progress for my Ghes Orade inspired armor. Here we go:

So I had used the WOF templates as a base for the armor design, changing the shape before cutting the template out for stencil on the PVC.

This is the one reference image that I know of for Ghes' armor (on right):

This is my reference template that I am trying to reach:

Here is a preview of some of my armor templates:
Chest Armor/Ab Plate

Shoulder Bell

Leg Armor
TBA

Back Armor
TBA

Shins will be given the triangle cutouts similar to the ones seen on the thigh plates. Since there is no reference image for the back armor, I will assume that he wears the standard back armor plate. Since he does wear thigh armor, anything out of view from the reference image will be assumed to be standard medium armor (Jango Style)

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Specs_Avatar Ghes Orade Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 02:59 PM »
When testing the fit and shape of chest armor, you ALWAYS want to print and test the collar plate too.  That is the first piece of armor to determine spacing.  It needs to sit right at where the collar of your shirt sits.  Then everything else is spaced about a thumbs-width apart from there.  It looks like in this pic your chest armor is a little low...which is why I mentioned it.

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 03:46 PM »
When testing the fit and shape of chest armor, you ALWAYS want to print and test the collar plate too.  That is the first piece of armor to determine spacing.  It needs to sit right at where the collar of your shirt sits.  Then everything else is spaced about a thumbs-width apart from there.  It looks like in this pic your chest armor is a little low...which is why I mentioned it.

I just got to printing out the collar and shaping the template to match Ghes' look. The armor did look a little low when I placed it, so I will edit the original post with a new picture. Thanks for the tips!

EDIT: Original post edited with new image that includes collar. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I want to make sure the armor is acceptable before moving on to cutting out pieces. ;D

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Its hard to tell with your arms up  :rolleyes: as it makes you T make you look wider

at a Guess Id say they where too wide but im not 100% on that

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Specs_Avatar

• Just a farmer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:07 PM »
Its hard to tell with your arms up  :rolleyes: as it makes you T make you look wider

at a Guess Id say they where too wide but im not 100% on that
I'll make sure to take the PVC and put it on my vest when I complete it and have someone else take the pictures, that way we get a better idea of sizing. Thanks for the input ;D

Vult Tavik

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Boba and Jango
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Honestly, those chest plates look a little big on your chest if the paper represents how far they will actually stick out. If you still have trimming to do, then they may be fine- otherwise you may want to try the next size down.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!