Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Renn Tel jetpack wip

• 53 Replies

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Renn's arena jetpack W.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: Jun 30, 2014, 07:40 PM »
I found that the tacky glue works well and also hot glue if you have a good gun with a fine nozzle (and you don't mind the occasional burn) both allow you more freedom to play with and adjust parts to your liking.

Renn

• I thought you were made of sterner stuff?!!
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #26 on: Jul 08, 2014, 01:56 AM »
finished the rondo, sanding down a bit for the bondo. now sandpaper will be my friend for a bit.

MMCC #1116    B.E.A.R.D.S.#101

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Looking good!!!! Keep it up

Renn

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #28 on: Jul 10, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Looking good!!!! Keep it up
  thanks Solus, Now that the Rondo is on should not be much longer. 

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2014, 05:52 PM »
It's coming along nicely.

Xyyyr Black

• The REAL diamond collector
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 267th Rapid Assault Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2014, 04:06 AM »
That is looking very fine mate!

++The jawalorian++

"Who am I? Ha! I am no one, I am a dark memory, I am your worst fear... I am the dark destructor, the haunter.. the lost one" -Xyyyr

Renn

« Reply #31 on: Jul 11, 2014, 10:55 AM »
Appreciated

Renn

« Reply #32 on: Aug 02, 2014, 06:47 PM »
still sanding on my arena. but have put on halt to work on other armor pieces, thought I would post a preview of my z-6 built, in process of  lining the interior with cardboard in my spare time.

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2014, 01:59 AM »
I have the exact same z6 build lol. We'll have to compare notes at the end  :laugh:

Renn

« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2014, 11:37 AM »
I have the exact same z6 build lol. We'll have to compare notes at the end  :laugh:
     :laugh:   hope to have my helmet done this week, then I will get back to this, trying to plan this pack build out so I can make the thrusters and rocket removable and have an access port in the back for storage.

Renn

« Reply #35 on: Aug 31, 2014, 08:48 PM »
finally getting back to my jetpack. decided since I had the arena started and near complete, I would just modify it to a z-6. still working out some of the smaller details. . but going to put an access panel on the back to remove the thrusters and rocket for storage and travel. use pvc for the thruster mounts and a dowel or pvc through the rocket to mount somehow inside the pack. first things first had to do some choping.

Dak Kabur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Renn's arena jetpack turned z-6. I hope lol
« Reply #36 on: Sep 02, 2014, 07:56 PM »
I just finished my "Stubby" (from pepakura printouts). I think the jetpack is the most time consuming and labor intensive piece to work on. Keep plugging away and you'll get it finished.

Since you have the back open now, you may want to do a layer of resin and fiberglass matting, unless the Bondo outer layer is sturdy enough.

Side note for any future builds... card stock is a lot easier to work with than regular printer paper. I think 50 sheets ran me about $8 at Hobby Lobby. Use some Elmer's glue and it will keep its form really well when putting it all together.

Keep up the good work. :)

Renn

« Reply #37 on: Sep 02, 2014, 08:03 PM »
I just finished my "Stubby" (from pepakura printouts). I think the jetpack is the most time consuming and labor intensive piece to work on. Keep plugging away and you'll get it finished.

Since you have the back open now, you may want to do a layer of resin and fiberglass matting, unless the Bondo outer layer is sturdy enough.

Side note for any future builds... card stock is a lot easier to work with than regular printer paper. I think 50 sheets ran me about $8 at Hobby Lobby. Use some Elmer's glue and it will keep its form really well when putting it all together.

Keep up the good work. :)
inside has been resined with 2 coats will prob coat one more time I am not too worried about it though the exterior is very solid many many coats of resin and two layers of fiberglass mat and rondo.  :D  maybe a little over board but I is solid.  :laugh:                                                                           ..cardstock is deffenetly the way to go, I learned that after building this pack. been using it ever since.  I used superglue on my pep helmet. Agreed jet pack is the most time consuming.  Hopefully in a month this will be complete, now that my helmet is done

« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2014, 10:43 PM by Renn Tel » Logged

Renn

« Reply #38 on: Sep 06, 2014, 06:21 PM »
got the rocket attached not making it removeable like originally planned because of design problems. but have it rondoed and ready for bondo. still have to fix the back to make access door.

Renn

Re: Renn Tel jetpack wip
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2015, 10:28 AM »
still working on me jetpack, now that warm weather is back should have it done in a few days.  top of the rocket and the thrusters fit nicely in the access door on the back. still have some resin ing to do on the inside to sturdy it up a bit more. and still trying to figure out how to mount to my back.

Herz

« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2015, 06:38 PM »
Awesome work vod!

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Looking good. Im having issues with my harness to. It holds and distributes weight, but sags to low, about 2-4 inches. Interested to see what you come up with for your harness.

How much does your jetpack weigh?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Renn

« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:55 AM »
Looking good. Im having issues with my harness to. It holds and distributes weight, but sags to low, about 2-4 inches. Interested to see what you come up with for your harness.

How much does your jetpack weigh?
  right now bout 4 lbs.  hoping not to go over 6lb. still have a bit of resining to do. To thicken up the interior back wall. 
Awesome work vod!
  thanks vod.

Renn

« Reply #43 on: Apr 02, 2015, 02:43 AM »
paint is on. have a few spots to touch up then I can start weathering. still working on my harness. It  weighs in at 7lbs.  but here it is  

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2015, 02:54 AM by Renn Tel » Logged

Dynas

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #44 on: Apr 02, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Fantastic Job.

Good luck with that harness. I finally got mine figured out after tinkering and trying about a half dozen different things.

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Renn

« Reply #45 on: Apr 02, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Fantastic Job.

Good luck with that harness. I finally got mine figured out after tinkering and trying about a half dozen different things.
THANKS VOD.  awesome glad you got your harness fixed. getting my materials for a harness this weekend and then we will see how it goes.    Did some weathering today, little closer to getting done   

Renn

« Reply #46 on: Apr 08, 2015, 10:10 PM »
been working on my harness. bought an $8 belt and had couple guitar straps laying around. works pretty well, I will have to make some new hooks for my jetpack, but these will suffice for now.    wore the jetpack for about 15 min to take few pics and it had started to sag about a couple  inchs, I will have to adjust for that I have to figure a way on securing it on the bottom of the jetpack so it doesn't move side to side

Dynas

« Reply #47 on: Apr 10, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Very nice. Harness turned out well.

Mark II

Renn

« Reply #48 on: Apr 10, 2015, 06:49 PM »
THanks vod, harness is working out so far, think I have the sagging issue I had fixed.

Tesvalo

• #mellowoutandbucketon
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #49 on: Apr 14, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I'm gonna have to bug you half to death ask you some questions about your harness once I get my pack finished, vod. You're doing an insanely awesome job.

B.E.A.R.D.S 063
Former Spec Ops Brigade Assassin

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!