Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Fenrir's Weapon WIP... New Pics 06/18/2017

• 114 Replies

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Fenrir's Weapon WIP... New Pics 06/18/2017
« on: Jun 08, 2014, 08:03 PM »
Been slow going lately, but was able to get a good jump on some weapons. Just need to wait for the epoxy to cure full, then comes the sanding, painting and weathering.

First: DL-44 from a Nerf Night Finder:
Body: Nerf Night Finder
Flash Hider: Stock Smart Parts Ion (paintball marker) feed neck
Heat Syncs: "Cut to length" threaded irrigation fittings
Scope: Spare Spyder (paintball marker) barrel.
Lots of epoxy.
Only the air chamber and barrel remain. All other internals have been removed. Completely non-functioning.

WESTAR-34 Blaster:
Seems like every bounty hunter has one. All of the internals have been removed. The screw holes have been filled. Again, just waiting for the epoxy to cure fully.

My son (he's 12) has a pair of these (one green, one orange) and wants to use them for his kit. Figure they won't need as much modding as he can't join "officially". All internals have been removed. Going to so quite a bit of work and fill the gap in the main body.

Now, the two beskad: Both are made of Sintra and relatively original in design.

The wonky 1/2 cross guard has been removed.

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2017, 12:48 AM by Fenrir Kyramud » Logged
Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Weapon WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2014, 06:27 PM »
That Night finder still screams nerf to me, I'm afraid it's going to need more work to be approvable. Try removing the accessory rail along the top and the Nerf logo circle. Those are the two features that stand out the most. Loving the beskads though! 

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2014, 09:43 PM »
That Night finder still screams nerf to me, I'm afraid it's going to need more work to be approvable. Try removing the accessory rail along the top and the Nerf logo circle. Those are the two features that stand out the most. Loving the beskads though!

Thanks for the advice, Drako. I've started doing the new mods. Lopped off the rail and the side bumps. Covered with some thin plastic. Need to pick up a better molding medium (the epoxy I bought is merely for bonding, sucks for filling and contouring). Should have more WIP pics this weekend. Until then.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2014, 05:25 PM »
Just a carbine I've been putting together.

Started life as a Dollar Store water gun. A cheap, generic Super Soaker type.

Of course I removed the water tank and retaining ring. Lengthened the stock with a bit of Sintra. Then filled in the gaps, cracks and screw holes with yellow/grey Milliput. Still a bit of work to do on the scope (not sure how to finish it yet) and the fore grip.
[/img]

The Sintra "strapping" on the stock is functional and decorative. Had problems with my epoxy not holding. It's nice and secure now. Thinking about continuing the pattern over the entire stock and making it one continuous, raised detail. As opposed to it being broken up.

Beskad. Now with paint. Going to do a leather wrap on the hilt. Then need to cobble together a sheath.

Westar-34. Painted and in need of weathering. After, comes the holster.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Honestly opinions would be very helpful in this process. I'm especially concerned with the rifle.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Guy'ikaab

• I am Ghengis Kahn bathed in rainbow sherbert!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2014, 07:04 PM »
Personal opinion here, nothing more, but I'd look at lopping off the "scope" and maybe either getting a longish rifle scope or making one out of PVC. Your call though.

Some say he can jump-start a firespray by headbutting its control panel, and that his favorite pastime is throwing Ewoks into a lake of fire. He's not the Stig, he's the Stig's mandalorian cousin.

Mir'Sheb #022
M.A.J.I.C. #148
Grey Brigade OT guard #050
MA#141
"lenedat de'da, jii kyr'adyc"

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Personal opinion here, nothing more, but I'd look at lopping off the "scope" and maybe either getting a longish rifle scope or making one out of PVC. Your call though.

I have been struggling with what to do with the scope. Now to see if I have any PVC around.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Drako Katora

• It's fun to shoot from bell towers, very dramatic.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2014, 01:26 AM »
PVC conduit works well as it already has a flared end

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2014, 01:32 AM »
On your rifle, I'd look at some photos of the Rebel Endor "commando" troopers blaster rifles from ROTJ, what you got right now is fairly in line with that look so you may want to pursue that angle.

Otherwise looking good  ;)

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2014, 09:31 AM »
On your rifle, I'd look at some photos of the Rebel Endor "commando" troopers blaster rifles from ROTJ, what you got right now is fairly in line with that look so you may want to pursue that angle.

Otherwise looking good  ;)

I completely missed that one in my search. I'm diggin' it.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2014, 02:59 PM »
Well, this one didn't work out. Guess the plastic was too inferior to hold up.

So, grabbed another one of my son's broken dollar store guns and started a build on it. I have it disassembled and the internals removed. Thinking about adding the mag to the side and turn it toward the back of the gun. Need to build a new stock. But, I think this one is going to be better. A Swarzy blaster, based on a cheap toy replica of a real firearm.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

Re: Weapon WIP... New Pics 07/25/2014
« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Getting closer to Swarzy. What do you think?

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Not bad so far, not bad at all.  Personally I can see some similarities between your weapon here and a Stormtrooper E-11, like if I squint at it it kinda looks like one.  So maybe try and draw some ideas from the E-11 design?

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #13 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:41 PM »
Not bad so far, not bad at all.  Personally I can see some similarities between your weapon here and a Stormtrooper E-11, like if I squint at it it kinda looks like one.  So maybe try and draw some ideas from the E-11 design?

Once I got the picatinny rails removed, the similarities started showing. Think I'm going to forgo a stock, but definitely taking queues from the E-11 from here.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2014, 12:42 AM »
That pistol is actually coming along nicely.

Fenrir Kyramud

Re: Weapon WIP... New Pics 01/02/2015
« Reply #15 on: Jul 31, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Getting closer.

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2015, 06:33 PM by Fenrir Kyramud » Logged
Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2014, 09:38 AM »
Lookin' good. What did you use to fill the screw holes?

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #17 on: Aug 01, 2014, 11:27 AM »
Lookin' good. What did you use to fill the screw holes?

Thank you. And used Bondo glazing putty for the screw holes and the more shallow imperfections.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
« Reply #18 on: Aug 02, 2014, 10:02 AM »
Thank you. And used Bondo glazing putty for the screw holes and the more shallow imperfections.
Very nice. Came out good and smooth.

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Very nice. Came out good and smooth.

Thank you. I have it in my completed arsenal in the Weapons page.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #20 on: Aug 09, 2014, 09:44 AM »
I saw another member chatting about these on the forums and thought, HELL YEAH! They look perfect for Thermal Detonators.

Spy Gear Sonic Distractors.

Then I got them in the mail (ebay) and both fit in my hand at the same time.

So, I question whether these would work or not. Please give me some feedback on these.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Vhett Naast

Re: Weapon WIP... New Pics 08/09/2014
« Reply #21 on: Aug 09, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Yep, those can definitely work well.  Check out these two fine WIP pages by Deimos Ordo, he uses the same to make "Sonic Grenades"> http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=71905.0 

His other Grenade WIP page might be handy for you as well, some real cool looking stuff in it> http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=71904.0

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #22 on: Aug 09, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Yep, those can definitely work well.  Check out these two fine WIP pages by Deimos Ordo, he uses the same to make "Sonic Grenades"> http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=71905.0 

His other Grenade WIP page might be handy for you as well, some real cool looking stuff in it> http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=71904.0

Thanks for the links, Vod. Those will definitely help. And very cool about the Thermals.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #23 on: Aug 15, 2014, 04:11 PM »
A little carbon scoring never hurt anyone.

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Fenrir Kyramud

« Reply #24 on: Aug 15, 2014, 04:12 PM »
"Dissa little boomers"

Cat# 1196
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!