Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nautolans

• 7 Replies

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
Nautolans
« on: Jul 04, 2014, 02:55 AM »
So I'm already in the stages of designing my next Mandalorian and I want to do a Nautolan. Problem with this is I have no idea where to start. This will for sure involve me making a special bucket and head piece. Since I'm going to be wearing gloves I won't really have to worry about a doing anything with my hands. Plus, their hands are similar enough to a human's that I'll be fine.

My biggest concern is the head piece. I want it to look good and be believable. Another aspect I'm taking into account is being able to wear it comfortably for hours at a time. Then there is also the aspect of donning it by myself along with taking it off.

This is going to be a very ambitious project so I'll like all the help I can get with this.

Hostle Ordo

• I am not afraid, I was born to do this!
Re: Nautolans
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2014, 08:08 AM »
it will be awesome vod when it is finished and i too wanted to do a nautolan mando as well but the bucket was an issue and no one currently until now has even talked about doing a nautolan

Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum

Hostle WIP - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=78650.180;topicseen

Work In Progress:
Soft parts 90%
Armor 85%
Accessories 100%
Weapons 100%
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2014, 06:11 AM »
Might be worth looking into predator masks.....the dreads/tails could probably be formed in a similar fashion. Either that or lots of ssmaller lekku from a twilek

Avidem

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2014, 09:32 PM »
I thought about Predator dreads. I just need to remember my login info for the board I was on so I can get some help.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2014, 07:30 PM »
I had this idea 3 years ago, here is the thread
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=38988.0

Teren Clan

Avidem

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2014, 10:11 PM »
I've seen a lot of flak about not having a full helmet, but all the pictures depicted of Nautolan mandos are wearing masks.

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Yup, it is pretty much decided that they could be an exception, becuase unlike twi-leks, the whole back of there head is tenticles, not just 2.

Teren Clan

Avidem

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2014, 04:11 PM »
Exactly my point.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!