Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Pilot WIP

• 7 Replies

Juno Karr

• "If You can see me, you´re already dead"
  • Awards 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 25 official invasions.
Mandalorian Pilot WIP
« on: Dec 10, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Hi all!
I start to work on my mandalorian pilot.This will be my 3º kit,a lightest kit than the other two,more travel-friendly and confortable to long troops.

Like my actual kit,lot of details are based on real operators. (In this case,Aircrew of Blackhawk helicopters,combat helicopters pilots and some details from pressure suits from SR-71 Blackbird pilots).Also have details from Resistance pilot from Ep. VII and mandalorian pilot concept showed above

This is the general concept of the kit.Chestbox,belt,flightsuit details and boot are like Resistance pilot ones.Bracers will be Sabine Season 2 style.
The chestbox will be attached to a custom chestbox harness

Kit colors will be: olive drab (plates,bracers,helmet 1º color),light grey (flight suit),medium grey (belting,helmet 2º color),dark grey (vest,neckseal,flight suit details) and black (boots,helmet 3º color)

This is the flightsuit base,PCU LVL 5 in Alpha Green.Will link the two parts with hidden zipper,and lots of sewing to reposition pouches,add details and that stuff

This is belt base,PLCE belt in OD,like the used on Resistance pilot belt.I will add parachute buckles,aluminium parts and paint it in Foliage Green.

This is chestbox harness base.PLCE yoke on OD.I will paint it in Foliage Green,add aluminium parts and belting on chest zone to attach chestbox,add estetic piece on mess to cover it,and buckles to attach it to belt

The chestbox will be same model as TFA,changing paint color and little details.Will carry inside all the electronic of box lights,batterys for helmet fans and voice amplificator.

The helmet will be based on that mando pilot helmet,but with biggest blast shield and some helicopter helmet details.The hoses will be attached to cheeks.

Gloves wil be Aircrew Gloves (match the colors) and bracers will be Sabine Season 2 bracers,painted in Olive Drad.Will show some led lights.

Hope you like it.I will post the progress :)

Naran Baatar

• "The Khan"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 267th Rapid Assault Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Mandalorian Pilot WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Looks like you have a solid plan of attack. Look forward to seeing the kit come together.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:19 PM »
That helmet is brilliant looking; love the metal armature for the display screen.  Can't wait to see the how it turns out.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 12:52 PM »
that sure is a beautiful concept can't wait to see what you come up with. just a heads up though... go to the crl's and read up on the minimum armour requirements for pilots as i'm sure you will need a cod, knee armour, shoulder bells, collar plate and a back plate.  ;)

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2016, 03:24 PM by jett drexel » Logged

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2016, 01:17 PM »
that sure is a beautiful concept can't wait to see what you come up with. just a heads up though... go to the crl's and read up on the minimum armour requirements for pilots as i'm sure you will need a cod, knee armour and a back plate.  ;)
Was just about to say that...
Anyways, gorgeous concept, and I look forward to seeing it built!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Juno Karr

• Awards 40% increase or more 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:02 PM »
that sure is a beautiful concept can't wait to see what you come up with. just a heads up though... go to the crl's and read up on the minimum armour requirements for pilots as i'm sure you will need a cod, knee armour, shoulder bells, collar plate and a back plate.  ;)

Pilot CLRs viewed several times before draw the concept art xD

I will use low profile backplate,something like SW Galaxies backplate.

"Knee armor at-minimum is required.  Cod/loin cloth not required but approvable."
The concept knees are rigid plates.I dont want use cod,only padding fabric detail on flightsuit in that zone,maybe its will count as soft cod

Juno Karr

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:04 PM »
That helmet is brilliant looking; love the metal armature for the display screen.  Can't wait to see the how it turns out.

That helmet is not mine,only an example of the concept

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:47 PM »
Looks pretty awesome!  But you might want to be careful with the double posting.   8)

Seriously, I love this concept.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!