Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vhe'dala Darklighter, New Member.

• 110 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Echo Darklighter MK II. Rebuild time!
« Reply #75 on: Nov 15, 2014, 02:22 PM »
you can never have enough flat black vod-last time I ran out I said 'eff it and bought 8 cans of flat black rust paint lolol

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:20 AM »
App photos are in.  Let's see how this goes...

I'm a little unhappy that the leather pouch belt doesn't sit higher on the kit, but that can be fixed with a few well-placed snaps.  Also, I need to find a way to keep my bloody range finder stalk up straight.  The nut that anchors it on doesn't like to tighten down enough to make it stay put if I'm doing a lot of moving around.  I'd also like to add a decent set of leather spats and start getting together some tools and bits (combat knife, flares, commlink) to apply for Recon.  I'll get there eventually; first, gotta make sure my build so far is in good order. :laugh:

Zekk Voss

• Talyc-Cuyan, the crack-shot speed junkie Mando
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #77 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:31 AM »
I've got that same problem with my RF stalk.  Lookin' good vod!

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #78 on: Nov 25, 2014, 01:30 AM »
Magnets, that's my plan when I update my stalk

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #79 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:01 PM »
Looks good to me, also theres one thing that might halp the pouches look a bit more uniform, add some 'liners' to them-what im doing for mine to help tthem keep their shape is just make U shaped (square though) galvanized inserts so they stay square and also since the bottom of the pouch is where they hook into the peg it can get tricky at times-I removed my drawstraps all tohether and am going to put a brass plate to hide the stitching and conceal a rare-earth magnet that will make the pouches stick shut on the sheetmetal liner, just a thought you might want to look into.

oh and as for the level of the belt I keep mine from sagging(msot of the time) with velcro attached to the girthbelt, vest, and back of the belt to keep it all level however much possible

my tip for getting stickyback velcro to stick: clean, warm surfaces and take a heatgun to the adhesive before you apply it.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #80 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Looks good to me, also theres one thing that might halp the pouches look a bit more uniform, add some 'liners' to them-what im doing for mine to help tthem keep their shape is just make U shaped (square though) galvanized inserts so they stay square and also since the bottom of the pouch is where they hook into the peg it can get tricky at times-I removed my drawstraps all tohether and am going to put a brass plate to hide the stitching and conceal a rare-earth magnet that will make the pouches stick shut on the sheetmetal liner, just a thought you might want to look into.

oh and as for the level of the belt I keep mine from sagging(msot of the time) with velcro attached to the girthbelt, vest, and back of the belt to keep it all level however much possible

my tip for getting stickyback velcro to stick: clean, warm surfaces and take a heatgun to the adhesive before you apply it.
That'd be a good call for long-term storage, but the pouches are used during every troop to carry my crap (wallet, phone, cigs), so inserts would make my life more difficult.  I might try the velcro out, though.

Jorad Werde

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #81 on: Nov 25, 2014, 01:46 PM »
I put foam insers in my poiches, i just used the extra foam from the piece I bought for my helmet.  I too use my pouches to hold my stuff, the foam is really easy to remove, but gives the pouches body when they are empty, keeps them from getting creased when they are in my kit box, ect.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #82 on: Nov 25, 2014, 04:12 PM »
True, I guess itd only be good for what yu can drop in like chucking stuff in a box-the foams a neat idea though, might give that a go soon.

Zekk Voss

« Reply #83 on: Nov 25, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Well, you could cut out the pieces of foam so that there'd be a sized insert for you to keep your stuff in while keeping the pouches' shape.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #84 on: Dec 01, 2014, 12:42 AM »
Still waiting on word back from the App Team, but early info from an insider says it's getting kicked back for one or two small things.  Well, great, someone wanna tell me what those are so I can fix them?  For the first time in months, I have a few days I can dedicate to solid work, and folks want to be tight-lipped.  Gotta love the holiday season...

Zekk Voss

« Reply #85 on: Dec 01, 2014, 01:51 AM »
I do see one thing, there's a visible zipper on that arm pocket, vod.  I think I have the same flight suit and I'll be covering that up with a kamino dart bandolier.  Other than that I don't see anything.

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #86 on: Dec 01, 2014, 02:09 AM »
I do see one thing, there's a visible zipper on that arm pocket, vod.  I think I have the same flight suit and I'll be covering that up with a kamino dart bandolier.  Other than that I don't see anything.
Gotcha.  I'll see if I can't scare up a spare flight suit, in that case.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #87 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:45 AM »
you could try taking a pocket off the flightsuit and using that for material

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #88 on: Jan 12, 2015, 02:55 PM »
Let's try this again...

I ended up using an older, broken flight suit (with sleeves) underneath a newer one (with short sleeves).  My kit was not meant to fit with this much fabric.  I may have to modify it.  Or, you know, lay off the dark beer and fried foods, maybe run a bit.  :P

This is pretty much a done project, as far as I see it.  Plates fixed, flight suit switched out, ready to rock.  Let's see if the App Team agrees.  If not, well, I got sumthin' for 'em...

;)

Jorad Werde

« Reply #89 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Looks good Vod.

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!