Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vhe'dala Darklighter, New Member.

• 110 Replies

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Echo Darklighter MK II. Rebuild time!
« Reply #105 on: Mar 17, 2015, 08:16 AM »
Oooooohhh Ic ic-change the title of the thread a lil and youll be fine/

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Echo Darklighter MK II. Rebuild time!
« Reply #106 on: Dec 03, 2016, 02:02 AM »
Oooooohhh Ic ic-change the title of the thread a lil and youll be fine/
And so I have. :D

So, I've gone mostly silent over the past year on this kit, seeing as time has been at a premium, and I've been a bit busy...

Very busy, in fact, but I have managed to get the new kit for my new wife well along the way.  I never did get around to making a full WIP for her kit (read: busy, and a slacker), but I can drop a few teasers while working on a few last pieces.  For starters, her blaster...

DL-44 Carbine, "Mr DeLicious."  It's more or less my trooping rifle for Echo until her kit is complete.  I'm kinda fond of it. :laugh:  Next up, a side-by-side of her bucket next to mine (modified Iron Forge Night Owl, with the T-visor more gently curved to fit her preferences).

And last of all, a lazily-draped photo of her completed chest plates.

The stripe looks a little off in the shot, but again, lazily draped.  Obviously, the kit is meant to be a companion kit to my own, and to give her a better sense of what all is involved in the construction of a decent kit.  She might look into doing an EC kit, but that's far down the road.  In the meantime, I'll post up more pics once the gauntlets are done, and we can fully kit her up.

One last update:  My kit has had a few small improvements added...

Switched out the big leather girth for a more classic model, added spats, put my blaster and holster on an Imperial Officer's belt, and started running around with a different flight suit-and-undersleeve combination (it came about more or less by accident one day when my flight suit was far too funky to wear to an event).

Also switched out my right shoulder bell for a two-fer of red ones to give the red accents a bit more pop.  The hat?  The hat's just awesome. :laugh:

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2016, 02:57 AM by Cin Vhe'rang » Logged

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Vhe'dala Darklighter, New Member.
« Reply #107 on: Dec 14, 2016, 04:28 PM »
And here she is.

With blaster:

I need to dirty up the soft parts a bit (already spoke to one member of the app team), but I'm happy with the kit as it stands.  Could use a few tiny tweaks, maybe some more small parts to add character...  Eh, in due time.

Questions, comments, recommendations, thinly-veiled insults...?

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2016, 05:04 PM by Cin Vhe'rang » Logged

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #108 on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:52 PM »
Man, that rifle is freaking sweet! I'm really digging the color combo you have going on too.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
« Reply #109 on: Dec 15, 2016, 03:11 AM »
Man, that rifle is freaking sweet! I'm really digging the color combo you have going on too.
She picked the blue accents.  It was meant to be a companion kit to Echo (my own), and I think it turned out well.

The blaster?  That's Mr Delicious.  He's a bad mamma-jamma.

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #110 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:12 AM »
I almost did a dark teal as the accent on mine, but I opted for the brown instead. It's nice to see someone do it properly.

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!