Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My Legacy design

• 14 Replies

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
My Legacy design
« on: Jul 14, 2014, 10:54 PM »

Here is my design for my Legacy kit, my bucket is partially done now.

thedungeonwitch

• Mando'ad draar digu.
Re: My Legacy design
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Cool looking visor. I love Legacy. Excited for progress!  :)

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2014, 11:45 PM »

Here's my bucket build so far. Used a skate helmet and a couple buckets.

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2014, 02:09 PM »
I'd personally recommend you make the helmet shorter. like remove the space between the orange bit and the bike helmet. there's far too much space between your visor and the top of the helmet.

Like this

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2014, 05:02 AM »
Cool concept vod ;)

any update on that Bucket ? It looks great ;) Personally i would do what Kitala said ;)

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2014, 03:00 PM »
I have my latest bucket work in the helmets thread.

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Here is the link to my helmet. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79126.0
and a link to my redesigned armor. I did go with the Legacy. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=79681.0

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Got my plates cut out and ready to be prepped today, still need to figure out a back plate. And cut out my shoulder bells. I am using 3mm PVC for my armor.

Korran Orainn

• "Ke'nari buy'cese bat! Oya, vode!"
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2014, 09:11 AM »
What an excellent, clear concept! Really looking forward to this, I love Legacy armour!

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #9 on: Sep 06, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Got armor mostly shaped right, will put it all on later and get a pic taken. Still having issues with the neck piece, my helmet keeps hitting it. I guess I was blessed with a short neck. Any feedback is greatly welcome.

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #10 on: Sep 06, 2014, 09:43 AM »
It looks like your botton two plates need to come a bitcloser to your body

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Niabi

• Mouse'alor
  • Hey there, hi there, ho there.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Sep 06, 2014, 11:39 AM »
yuuuuup you really want the plates sitting against your body. ;)

but other than that they look good ;D

VABS : M.A. #006  24er :  Beskar'gam

Remo Jadd - Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Quote from: Ruusaan Ordo
I felt a great disturbance in the Force... As if millions of voices cried out and they were all Niabi

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #12 on: Sep 06, 2014, 11:50 AM »
The plates will sit against my body, I have a bit of a tummy, and they were also just taped in place not properly mounted.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #13 on: Sep 06, 2014, 10:08 PM »
A thought regarding your helmet: You could modify the bottom of your helmet for more clearance, but you could also leave it as is. I know that might seem a bit odd, but hear me out. Legacy armor emphasizes coverage. With your helmet sitting lower then normal, it provides neck coverage you would otherwise either be lacking, or have to make another armor piece. And imo, it doesn't look bad. Biggest downside is the way it will limit your head movement, but again, from an in-verse standpoint even that has advantages. Less head movement means it's harder to get a broken neck.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Kai Ree'tat

« Reply #14 on: Sep 17, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Did some bondo work on my gauntlets this morning. These are the Gypsy gauntlets from Eternal Armory.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!