Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Shinknee templates?

• 8 Replies

Xzander Kann

• Pew pew
Shinknee templates?
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Can anyone link me to some really good shinknee templates

Jorad Werde

• Death from where ever you pay me to be
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023. 150 troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity
Re: Shinknee templates?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:12 PM »
I don't believe there are any out there for Mandos

CAO Team XO
Ori'Ramikad
Kilted Mando #20
Mandoalic #132
VRCA #61

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Gotta make your own.

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:19 PM »
I've seen a bunch of good shnees made using the Legacy templates for the leg and knee armor, then attach everything together with pop rivets or something similar.

Of course, you have to be okay with the banded, Legacy style for at least some of your armor for that to work.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Thoranios Xast'or

• You're fine
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:48 PM »
You could always extend the WoF shin armor templates to come up to knee height. It worked for mine. :P

CAT #0960
M5SP #9     |     B.E.A.R.D.S #73

Recon Wip

Xzander Kann

• Pew pew
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:52 PM »
I don't believe there are any out there for Mandos

Darn

Gotta make your own.

I really didn't want to but if it has to be done than it has to be done

You could always extend the WoF shin armor templates to come up to knee height. It worked for mine. :P

Guess ill do that or do what Al'drann said and make my own

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2014, 12:19 PM »
They are really easy to make.  I just took a piece of cardstock and just trimmed it to how i liked it.  Then cut it out of sintra.

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:47 PM »

Darn

I really didn't want to but if it has to be done than it has to be done

Guess ill do that or do what Al'drann said and make my own
Half the fun of building a custom Mando is designing your own parts where there isn't necessarily a clear right way of doing things.  In other words, get creative, or do independent shins and knees.  Separate pieces look better anyway, more often than not.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2014, 03:17 PM »
You could always look to history for ideas. For example, I modeled my shinkees off of greek hoplite greaves (which have integrated knee armor)

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!