Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jowic Armor WIP

• 105 Replies
Jowic Armor WIP
« on: Jul 31, 2014, 12:21 AM »
Greetings

This is my first set of gear I would appreciate feedback on my thoughts and designs.  I am ordering a NME Props Mando Stalker helmet to go with this set.

Here is the style of armor I am leaning towards it is a slightly modified Jango.  i have not decided if i should try the layered look or just the single plate.

A few rough design schemes, as for the colors I am thinking mainly gray/silver with maroon stripes and possibly some white accents.

And finally this is the initial template I created for the armor.  I will be cutting them out of cardboard soon to put on a shirt to see if sizing will be any kind of issues.

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014, 12:31 AM by Traffalger » Logged

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Jowic Armor WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Looking good! You're spacing is impeccable.

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2014, 08:05 PM »
That spacing is wonderful. Let's see them on ya! :)

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2014, 09:56 AM »
I hopefully will get those on a shirt for spacing soon working all weekend dosent allow me to work on my Kit just browse the forums and dream........

For the Flack Jacket have does anyone have thoughts on either

This Vest Made By K'raam Xrati
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=50888.0

Or

This Vest that is made by Sidi Ren
http://www.meridiancreations.net/#!vest-prices/c7uu

These are two Vests that I see quite comonly on the forums.  Both are about the same price and i really need the vest soonish to be able to attach plates to once I get the right size.  Anyone have pro or cons for either?

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2014, 10:02 AM »
I have one by sidi and the material is very very nice.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2014, 10:38 AM »
I have one by sidi and the material is very very nice.

Is it padded at all? Iits hard to tell from the photos.  I am leaning this one over the other one tho.

Ralin Voth

• "The Rancor"
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2014, 03:43 PM »
I haven't seen the Sidi one in person, but the K'raam vest is nice. I know several people with them, and the quality is great. and they look better than most home-made vests I see. I prefer a heavier duck cloth that what he uses though, but a heavier material is hotter, so it's a trade-off.

« Reply #7 on: Aug 02, 2014, 04:28 PM »
I haven't seen the Sidi one in person, but the K'raam vest is nice. I know several people with them, and the quality is great. and they look better than most home-made vests I see. I prefer a heavier duck cloth that what he uses though, but a heavier material is hotter, so it's a trade-off.

Thanks for the info, I am leaning towars the heavier matterial also.  I live in Minnesota its cold alot here.......

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2014, 09:07 PM »
Sidi's has a batting in it to make it a more rigidmaterial and the shoulder flaps have additional batting

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Excellent, thank you for the information!  I think I might be ordering one soon. 

Here are some photos of the template on my person.  I understand the spacing really isn't perfect, I can address that later.  My question is how are they on sizing?  They almost seem like they should be longer?  The belly piece appears to end a bit above my belly button.  What do you guys think?

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2014, 11:31 PM »
plates look a bit wide on you. once you get rigid armor on your stomach flexibility goes out the window, having the plates a little on the slim side will still give the same awesome look, and allow you to move. the custom plates are nice, btw.

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Thanks, I was wondering about the width also. I think ill try taking an 1/8 inch off the sides and see what that does.  So they dont look to short length wise?  I havent wore any of the armor before so not sure what its supposed to feel like to move in it.  I did knotice that my arms did hit the sides when reaching accross the chest.  Hopefully this will help.

Ronin Tavic

• I'm not crazy, I just find sanity boring.
  • Awards 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Length looms good. The belly plate should end about on your belly button. So it looks spot on from this end :)

Pre-App pics and upgrade thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=63828.15
"I only take 2 things seriously: the lives of my vode, and the deaths of my enemies"
Ni redalu o'r vhetin be'kyram.
"I dance in death's valley"
"we're not mercenary's, more like adventure capitalists"

« Reply #13 on: Aug 03, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Sounds good, I'll leave the length and just trim off a bit for the width.  That might actually help with the spacing when the time comes to put it on the vest.

I appreciate the help Vode!

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2014, 05:35 PM »
It looks like the whole set should come up a bit, according to the collar. The top of that collar should come to the middle of your shoulder, and more up to your neck. It could just be the pics though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!