Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]

• 66 Replies

Clarkkun

• Do, or do not...there is no try!
Re: Early Crusader WIP [Titusville FL]
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Some more pics...This is almost fun now!

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Oooh shiny. Well not really since it's nice and dirty. Can't wait to have another EC in the BVC. Please refrain from double and triple posting though.

Clarkkun

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Ooops! Sorry...Now that I fixed (hopefully) all my pics disappearing, shouldn't be re-posting anymore. :-[

Natan Vizsla

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Double posting is having two replies back to back. You posted at 10:25, 1:10, then 1:30. Instead of doing this just modify the previous post with more pictures or textual information. If no one has replied for over 24 hours and you have new progress to share then you can post twice in a row.

Clarkkun

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Did not know that...makes sense and can do. Thanks NV.

Welkin

• This is the way... TO RAQ!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2016, 12:19 PM »
Actually, since two posts were focused on different content (one was helmet, one was gun) that's acceptable to the Tech Team to have as different posts, although the text only one + the followup with the photos probably should be refrained from.

Formerly known as "The Mandler"
Character: Tra Senaar
MVS #20 | B.E.A.R.D.S #102 | IT-Mando # 18 | CSCMS #8 | Kilted Mando #25 | MARS #35 | VOTS #51

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2016, 02:46 PM »
Very well, Tech Team has spoken!!

Keep hammering out that EC.

Clarkkun

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Here is my EC flight suit in it's early (no pun intended) stage:

Still needs a lot of work.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 12:03 PM by Clarkkun » Logged

Clarkkun

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2016, 12:33 PM »
Here is the backpack I am working on. --LOTS OF PICS--
I will try to keep updating this post as I make more progress. Please any feedback, opinions, suggestions are very welcomed...especially if they will help keep me on track for approval.

Will be working this again tomorrow. Look for more updates.

MORE PROGRESS

It's hard to see, but I started painting the bone. It will show up better once the process is done.

Some more progress...

I'm thinking the chest piece, shoulder pieces and ab plate will be integral to the back pack for ease of donning and doffing...any thoughts?

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 10:07 AM by Clarkkun » Logged

Clarkkun

« Reply #59 on: Jun 03, 2016, 10:05 AM »

My daughter might be catching the "mando" bug...

Mojo Khuriso

• "Ni copikla gar runi"-I desire your soul
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #60 on: Jun 07, 2016, 08:38 PM »
WOW!!! WOW!!! AND WOW!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I can smell your fear...this hunt will be all too easy...

Briks

• War Wolf
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #61 on: Jun 07, 2016, 09:13 PM »
WOW I love that kit and the helmet is super cool!

MMCC Member: # 1195

When I'm finished...You're gonna be glad no one was here to watch you DIE.

My Original Armor  http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=85524.0

Clarkkun

« Reply #62 on: Jun 09, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Thanks and thanks!

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #63 on: Jun 12, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Vod! I'm in love with your build. I fell in love with the howl EC kit a like 2 weeks ago and I need one. all these builds are so coool. and you did the chest and back just as I was planning haha wel not excatlly the same but the idea is the same. really love it! really gonna check your wip see if I can learn a thing or 2 :D

one quick question I see a skull on your suit. aren't human skulls forbidden? Im looking for skulls that I can use on my kit. but only find like earthy animals. and dont know that many star wars animals (A)

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Clarkkun

« Reply #64 on: Jun 13, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Appreciate the KUDOS Choruk Kar'ta! The skull on my suit is very preliminary and was included in the pics as a kind of test design element. It is actually much smaller than an actual human skull and when I am finished, it will look quite alien (I envision fangs of some kind and brow ridges or horns --or both--). I haven't done much in the past couple of weeks -- my son has been visiting from Hawaii, but I expect to be back at this weekend. Keep checking back. Now that I know how to keep my pics from disappearing, I will be posting more on my progress. Thanks again for your praise!

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #65 on: Jun 14, 2016, 12:16 AM »
Yw vod the work is perfect ^^  A well enjoy your quality time with your son its important  8)
smart idea to mod the skulls :) I was thinking of making like Zabrak horns. so the skulls are zabrak (A) plus meybe I can find more alien skulls from star wars. If I find any I will let you know :)

got this topic bookmarked so you and me. we will see each other more often on this forum haha :P

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Clarkkun

« Reply #66 on: Oct 07, 2017, 10:55 AM »
Hi all,
I've been absent from these boards for a while, but I hope to be back at all this with a bit more regularity. I've been chipping away at my Early Crusader kit, and learning a great deal as I go along. Perhaps I can finally realize my vision and have something I can present to the clan for approval.
JC

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!