Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MandoMan's Jango build (gonna be slow)

• 8 Replies

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
MandoMan's Jango build (gonna be slow)
« on: Aug 10, 2014, 07:35 PM »
So I parted out a bunch of my custom suit earlier this year, so I could start in on a canon Jango build.  I intend to have this suit done by the end of the year, since I'm still in the process of losing weight and I want to hold off on getting the flight suit and leather vest made.  This will be a slow build.  :rolleyes:

Stuff I have:
Cruzer cold cast helmet kit
Cruzer cold cast gauntlets
Master Replicas metal Westar blasters
Leather bolo girth belt
Leather ammo belt
NME fiberglass jetpack
Aluminum gauntlet missile
Gloves

Stuff I have ordered/waiting on:
Crow62 replica boots

Cruzer cold cast armor set (minus backplate)
BobaMaker leather vest

Stuff I still need:
Cold cast backplate
Flight suit
Random aluminum parts for gauntlets
Leather holsters (the ones seen here didn't quite fit me right, so I sold them and need to order a custom set)
Cold cast knee armor

Some pics of stuff:

Haven't completely decided if I want to make the classic Kamino jetpack, or the Geonosis pack.  I have parts for both, but I'm leaning towards the Geonosis pack.

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2014, 03:13 PM by TheMandoMan » Logged
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: MandoMan's Jango build (gonna be slow)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2014, 03:48 AM »
The belt and Westars alone are making me drool.  Please keep us updated! I love to see Jangos!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2014, 11:43 AM »
When I think Jango I think the Arena pack. That's just me though ;)

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2016, 08:33 PM »
If you're going to go with the geonosis jetpack (JT-12), I would highly recommend getting a dented jango helmet.
I'll have to review the CRLs, but your jango will not be accurate  without the dent if you have the JT-12 jetpack.

It's spelled "Canon", not "Cannon".

(SHHH!!! I found the secret to getting OM approved!)

Kol Hokan

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 05:25 AM »
If you're going to go with the geonosis jetpack (JT-12), I would highly recommend getting a dented jango helmet.
I'll have to review the CRLs, but your jango will not be accurate  without the dent if you have the JT-12 jetpack.

This is not accurate. You do not need the dent if you are using the arena jetpack.  Jango received the dent during the battle of Geonosis only moments before his death. The helmet is clearly not dented prior to his run-in with the Reek.

501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Legends of Mandalore Brigade Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months 2016 EnviroOps
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2016, 08:25 AM »
This is not accurate. You do not need the dent if you are using the arena jetpack.  Jango received the dent during the battle of Geonosis only moments before his death. The helmet is clearly not dented prior to his run-in with the Reek.
Please recheck your information Kol. I'm going to strongly disagree with you. He receives the dent fighting obiwan on Kamino. He DID NOT receive the dent from the Reek. It is clearly visible both on Kamino and at the beginning of the Geonosis balcony scene.
This is an inaccuracy that has been perpetuated for years by people, and I never understood why. 5 minutes of research shows you the information you need to see. See the pics below.

Kol, this is a common mistake that was never caught, and never corrected in most groups' CRLs. Somone not having built a jango or done the research themselves would likely not have caught this ongoing error. I'm aiming to have our CRLs updated for accuracy. Whether or not our CRLs/BRLs are updated for accuracy after this thread or not,  it is important to have the right info available. This will likely be the difference in whether a Jango is allowed into a brigade or not.
My advice MandoMan, stick with your z-6 jetpack and keep your cruzer lid. Otherwise, sell them both and get a dented lid and a jt-12.

Kamino. Clearly dented after a drop kick with obiwan.

Beginning of the battle of geonosis prior to the reek, moments after killing the Jedi Coleman Trebor on the balcony.  Also, clearly showing the dent.

« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2016, 09:28 AM by Dha Bral » Logged

Kol Hokan

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Ah, yes you are correct there.  It's been a while since this conversation, and I recall some saying it was the reek, when he hit his helmet walking onto Slave I, or during the Kamino fight.  The images I was using for the Geonosis fight weren't the best resolution and I couldn't make out the dent. My apologies. 

I suppose the real question is whether or not Jango ever wore the JT-12 Jetpack prior to receiving the dent.  In the film he does not, however in the comics and Bounty Hunter video game he does. Furthermore approved merchandise (like the mythos statues and book covers) show him undented with the JT-12.  Is it reasonable that Jango had access to the JT-12 jetpack prior to receiving the dent? I'd say it is, but then again the films are the prime source.  I'll consult with the other Brigade Marshals on this, as we're currently overhauling most of the canon and legends BRL's anyways.

Dha Bral

• Both Predator and Prey
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:43 PM »
I brought this up to the App team yesterday. They're considering the changes to the CRLs and the effects of the BRLs. We're deciding a course of change that won't disrupt the currently approved jangos. Consult with Ref on the CRLs.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Where did you get that belt?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!