Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ren Tinith Beskar'gam || Buy'ce concept revision

• 21 Replies
Ren Tinith Beskar'gam || Buy'ce concept revision
« on: Aug 25, 2014, 09:07 PM »
So because of unique my bucket is (and because I've been bitten by the armour bug) I'm posting here a lot sooner than I expected, so here's the concepts so far.

SWG Death Watch w/ Custom Bucket and Chest Segments in lieu of the diamond

Still to do:
- Switch greaves to SWG style
- Design Pauldrons (Possibly Clone style to fit under Jacket?)
- Design Gauntlets w/ Chain Beskad (extendable/removable blade in left Gauntlet and hilt in the right)
- Do backpose (try plates and segmented looks)
- Vest over Combat Bodyglove (?) or consider switching to jumpsuit
- Belt Design
- Possibly switch to Duster (Jacket with kama is more my style though)

Proof of Concept Bucket (which doesn't have a dome, I used a strip of paper and a trick of the light):

Armoury:
Threshold MBR-80a "Marksman"

Still to do:
- Drop carry handle scope down slightly and add a traditional scope on it (?) (Current design is a two part Holo Scope in the diagonals)
- Work out Hotswap Carbine Barrel for the MBR-80b "Suppressor"
- Work on concepts for Pistols
- Kitbag
- To be added

« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2015, 09:08 PM by Ren Tinith » Logged
Beskar'gam Progress: Design Stage
Ren Tinith Concept Thread [Drop Pack - Armoury]

Winter's Dawn

Vanlande Ne'trasenaar

• Cin Vhetin
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ren Tinith Build Planning
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Interested to see some more of the concept. From what is right there, I see a few things that could go against CRLs.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2014, 01:47 PM »
Interested to see some more of the concept. From what is right there, I see a few things that could go against CRLs.

First post updated with the present concept for the Bucket and with a project list (plus the shiny Rifle concept), hopefully it should alleviate a few of your concerns with it plus a few concens that others have as well.

Winter's Dawn

Talos Kot

• Cry Havoc ! and let slip the dogs of war !
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2014, 08:14 AM »

I think what Van is trying to tell you is your concept art does not scream out manalorian at this point at all  .. and as the art is so small we can see no telling mandalorian details in it ... at the moment that small pic could be any superhero costume we cant tell.

i will re iterate this ... we are a custom mandalorian costuming club Yes ,   this club was started for fans to make their own take and emulate  the classic mandalorian characters from SW  you are given flexibility,  artistic license, and  individuality ....  But when building your kit remember the key word Mandalorian .... the key instantly recognizable and iconic elements of a mandalorian are the T visor,   chest diamond, segmented plates (depending on era ) gauntlets with weaponry  ....  be creative .. we encourage it !    But  Keep it within the realms of mandalorian !

ask as many questions as you like we are all here to give help and advice  ;)  there is a wealth of infoemation here at your fingertips we can help direct you  :D

make sure you check this out http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=5
get a positive idea of what era your armour concept fits into

« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2014, 09:30 AM »
Well to be honest I've been keeping all that in mind since the get go, that said though I've been posting a progressive WIP due to how I'm approaching it instead of a completed one (which allows me to take onboard people's input as I go). As it stands though the first finished concept is nearly done now and to my eyes it looks completely mando viable. That said what I see and what others see are two different things so I may wind up transferring it up onto a grab of the Pepakura so it's easier for others to visualise.

Left to do: Boot plates (if they work on this scale, if not I'll do those on the boots themselves), Belt, Gauntlets & upscaling the Pauldron. I also have to consider the materials once the design is nailed down so I may well wind up adding more brown in some areas, like the boots for instance although they'll probably be polished with Oxblood polish.

Winter's Dawn
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2014, 03:57 AM »
Decided to fool around with the protobucket and decided on a (hopefully) final design for my buy'ce.

Also updated the concept sprite with the new design.

And the actual bucket.... (the upper section of the visor has gaps as it's just a placement test)

The explosion of sticky labels on it is just to hold the shape whilst I glue the other parts onto the front (except on the lower left mandible... I cut too far with the stanley knife and patched it up), also I know it's rough (just like the blaster) but I'd rather get it so I can see it and then trim it/neaten it up after I have the shape down. The idea for what those triangles are is still up in the air but as it stands I'm leaning toward voice amps or filtration units. For now though the buy'ce has a working name of Enforcer.

And for the sake of shinies I'll thow this in here as well...

Note: The orange emitter housing will sit flush to the emitter, I just haven't cut the filler yet.

Winter's Dawn

Kitala-Enby

• Slowly returning to active forum presence.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ren Tinith Build Planning || App Team lookover needed
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2014, 06:36 AM »
if you ask me vod the visor loos pretty wide, between the top of the mandibles and the browline it looks to be pushing a wide visor, but at the bits further back it looks to be nearly Hasbro fett width. I'd say bring the brow down a touch, or the mandibles up to make it look a bit thinner.

I sell awesome armour in the Hawkers Guild
CHECK IT OUT!.

Live Action Deathwatch Build.

Custom Copper Covert Mando.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
MABEL #036 & #038 apparently
VOTS #014

Vorpan Kyr'am

• Kann man so machen,dann isses halt Scheisse
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2014, 10:38 AM »
To be honest Looks more Late Crusader to me than modern. I Would go that Route.

Some Very creative Designs You got there. Looking forward to See some more.  :D

Spec Ops Sniper/Force Hunter
Invasions

Sulkon88

• Mandalorian Bounty Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:36 PM »
I'm interested to see the helmet construction continue. I'm always a fan of scratch built helmets. Especially unique ones.

"Blast them, beat them burn them I don't care. Just get them off my ship!" - Jorean Bosch

My Scratchbuild http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=75521.15

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2014, 02:28 PM »
To be honest Looks more Late Crusader to me than modern. I Would go that Route.

Some Very creative Designs You got there. Looking forward to See some more.  :D

To be honest I've been pondering that myself as well, I mean this (store link folks) doesn't scream modern to me. That said if need be I can drop the upper visor a bit if the plates are classed as a modern design, at this point one more redesign of the visor is nothing. Also thanks I've been enjoying the design challenge (especially the blaster).

I'm interested to see the helmet construction continue. I'm always a fan of scratch built helmets. Especially unique ones.

To be honest you can thank a lack of useable income for that choice, still I'm glad I do have to take that route as I have a far greater degree of design freedom with a scratchbuild. Also have an added bonus, I got asked for a larger scale version of the concept so I wound up doodling the design so far with a breakdown of sorts.

^ click for full size ^

Winter's Dawn
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2014, 06:21 PM »
I've yet another helmet design due to deciding to do some doodles today thanks to Shaugi and the helmet sketch wound up getting turned into this:

Which hopefully will be the final design I run with for the helmet. Anywho a little bit of breakdown on the design, left side is a twin antenna comm unit, the right is a rangefinder (which will reflect the fact I'm left handed and right eye dominant, as I'll be using the rifle right-handed and the pistol(s) with my left). The "vents" will likely be a very fine black gauze as ICly Ren is a Zelosian and exhales pure oxygen so he has to vent that and absorb other gasses.

I also have a design in mind for the weathering to a degree, it'll be underpainted with a beskar effect and then in another scheme (which I'm saving as a teaser for when I do the paintjob).

Winter's Dawn
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2014, 01:49 PM »
I've yet another helmet design due to deciding to do some doodles today thanks to Shaugi and the helmet sketch wound up getting turned into this:

Which hopefully will be the final design I run with for the helmet. Anywho a little bit of breakdown on the design, left side is a twin antenna comm unit, the right is a rangefinder (which will reflect the fact I'm left handed and right eye dominant, as I'll be using the rifle right-handed and the pistol(s) with my left). The "vents" will likely be a very fine black gauze as ICly Ren is a Zelosian and exhales pure oxygen so he has to vent that and absorb other gasses.

I also have a design in mind for the weathering to a degree, it'll be underpainted with a beskar effect and then in another scheme (which I'm saving as a teaser for when I do the paintjob).

I'm liking that. The only thing I'd suggest I maybe having the visor a littlebwidervat the base.

Hopefully we'll get to take a look at the weekend.

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2014, 04:42 PM »
I'm liking that. The only thing I'd suggest I maybe having the visor a littlebwidervat the base.

Hopefully we'll get to take a look at the weekend.

I'm not dragging the cardboard bucket along.... Although I could see about doing a scale paper version of the faceplate to bring along instead.

Winter's Dawn
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2014, 05:29 PM »
I'm not dragging the cardboard bucket along.... Although I could see about doing a scale paper version of the faceplate to bring along instead.

Lol gawd no...bring any sketches you want to get opinions on and as many questions as u can fit  ;)

Kitala-Enby

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2014, 08:30 PM »

Looks great vod :). Might be a bit in a huff as I had a similar plan for a few helmets with the wire mesh bit, :P

CHECK IT OUT!.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
VOTS #014
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2014, 09:53 PM »
Lol gawd no...bring any sketches you want to get opinions on and as many questions as u can fit  ;)

Pfft sketches.... Around 90% of my planning for anything is mental, that said I'm seeing what I can do....

Looks great vod :). Might be a bit in a huff as I had a similar plan for a few helmets with the wire mesh bit, :P

Well if it works nothing to say you can't always mod to a similar style if you want to vod.

Winter's Dawn

Kitala-Enby

« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2014, 07:23 AM »
Pfft sketches.... Around 90% of my planning for anything is mental, that said I'm seeing what I can do....

Well if it works nothing to say you can't always mod to a similar style if you want to vod.

It's already drawn out on my helmet, I just need to get the time to cut it out.

Edit*

Actually might do it today if I don't wind up going into town with my friend to buy her something to make a flack vest from.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2014, 07:53 AM by Kitala-Enby » Logged
CHECK IT OUT!.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
VOTS #014
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2014, 11:19 PM »
It's already drawn out on my helmet, I just need to get the time to cut it out.

Edit*

Actually might do it today if I don't wind up going into town with my friend to buy her something to make a flack vest from.

Have to keep on eye on it then to see if I can steal any ideas on how to approach mine then...

Winter's Dawn

Kitala-Enby

« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Have to keep on eye on it then to see if I can steal any ideas on how to approach mine then...

I did get it cut out, Just had to spend a while redrawing the design on the other half of the visor. If you're scratch building then these might not be useful. But if modifying a cast helmet like me then draw out the shape you wanna cut out on the helmet. drill a hole in each corner then use a ice thin dremel cutting tool to take out the insides.

CHECK IT OUT!.

QMU #000
MA #145
EMTS #082
MAD #042
VOTS #014
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:58 AM »
So I promised paper mando and here it is... Luckily the right side is sitting pretty much spot on.

Left side wound up billowing due to my arm so the I marked on roughly where it'd sit normally, the ribbing will be on my flightsuit or vest (haven't decided if I'll have a vest yet) and as of yet is the only part of my softs I've decided fully settled upon. The overall design of the flightsuit is going to be inspired by the mass effect uniform undershirt and two-tone.

EDIT: Oh and the hose is there because Ren is a Zelosian so it's part of his air refresher system, as unlike most species he exhales oxygen but requires other gasses to breathe so his air can't be recycled.

Winter's Dawn
Weather has been kind of crappy lately and so have I, but the idea mill has been churning away so here's a few thoughts for the build.

Current micro:

• A matte green visor
  • Charcoal/Slate, Maroon or Sienna flightsuit, possibly working the bodyglove design into the flightsuit.
  • Dropping the rifle from his standard loadout (doesn't feel swarsy enough to me, still going to be built though) and switching to a primary loadout of a telescopic war scythe (Force Pike influenced design, monopod/selfie pole based construction?) and the hand cannon.
  • Raise the red area of the dome by a 1/2-1" and possibly add details to the front of the dome.
  • RF switched to an external video feed from the remote/scout droid, same design just opaque with a vid screen.
  • Possibly extend vest into a knee length tabard, design Mass Effect Alliance chestplate influenced.
  • Olive Green Shemagh (Note: Used only to cover lower face when bucketless)
Teaser:
I'd planned to save this until the build but due to lack of progress you get it now. During a conversation with friends I wanted to show them that a blue/gold scheme works just fine, after doing so I decided I liked it. Not enough to replace my Red/Green but enough to use as the underpaint layer for weathering purposes, although as of yet I haven't decided on any weathering and will cross that bridge when I hit paint.

Winter's Dawn
Possible expanded design for the Buy'ce with variants.

Winter's Dawn

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!