Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

co2 Arena jetpack

• 27 Replies

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2014, 12:25 AM by Ranok Drakkar » Logged

Ciryc_Copad

• Fear the cold
Re: co2 Arena jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2014, 02:34 AM »
I would love to try and do something like this with my jump boots

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2014, 11:05 PM »
It's possible if you can hide the tank, solenoid fuses and wiring lol ;)

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2014, 11:40 PM »
YUP thats how its done  ;D ;D

Is it a kit or misc parts?  Ive done a lot of experimenting with HVAC related parts since Im too cheap to order actual CO2 or nitrous parts lol

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dynas

• "You can run,but you'll only die tired." Boba Fett
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2014, 10:08 PM »
I WANTED TO DO JUST THIS!

Please provide tutorial pics!

Also you said it 'came in a kit ,inus the batteries." where did you get the kit at?

Lastly, how much does that puppy weigh with a full tank?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Career Invasions: 13

OM #874     M.A.N.T.A.     M.A.B.E.L #44

Dresdon Acacin

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2014, 10:34 PM »
Well theres a Dynotune kit that is up to $400 if you want a lot of super cool lol-battery Im guessing is to get it to 12 or 24V to run the solenoid valve.

Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Dynas

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2014, 08:53 AM »
$400? wow. How much for the parts to make it myself?

Mark II
Upgrades: Jetpack: 100%  Blaster Rifle: 25%  Chest Lights: 75%  Knife: 100% Spats: 100% Double Sleeves: 100% Flamer Hose 100% Jetpack Harness Upgrade: 100% Dull coat Yellow Paint 100% Helmet Fans: 100%

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:46 AM »
Idk but you could look around maybe ebay for the parts

Dynas

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Any idea on what parts are needed?

Mark II

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2014, 11:31 AM »
Any idea on what parts are needed?

Bottle, bottle adapter, piping, purge valves/nozzles, wiring for solenoid, solenoid and power supply.
As kits go they are pretty simple.

Dynotune kit for $240 with twin outlets....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nitrous-Oxide-Fake-Purge-System-Fake-nos-kit-n2o-new-Co2-purge-Twin-Outlets-/391006397330?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5b09cc2392

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Hey vode! The kit is a full co2 purge kit from dynotunes, runs for $185 after shipping. The total rig comes with a 20 oz bottle (which fits prefect), the special flow valve, an adapter to fill the co2 (which can't be done at academy or Dicks sporting goods, only paintball stores), the solenoid, fuses/box,  wiring, hoses,  switch (though I replaced with a smaller one) and instructions.  I wired a battery box which houses 8 rechargeable AA batteries (12 volts). I believe that's all if I remember. The jetpack is An RS Masters arena pack, solid resin and fiberglass.  I believe it weighs in at around 35lbs? I've worn it 10 hours total in one day. The last hour was killing me lol gotta rework the harness. The only problem I had was trying to fill the bottle. There customer service was phenomenal. I called them once and they called me 4 times until it was filled lol.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2014, 01:57 AM »
I've gotta find me a refill place, then i could coax my self into finally buying a kit lol....although i'd also run it to my gauntelt flamethrowers so that's where I was getting the higher number from x.x

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2014, 09:51 PM »
Once I figure out how to send it to my flame thrower without blowing out the bottom thrusters I'll let you know lol. Otherwise it will blow out both at once. I was thinking a ball valve but I'm not sure where to place it without building up to much pressure and blowing the lines. Don't want to blow a hole in a $400 jetpack lol

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2014, 01:09 AM »
I was going to have two solenoids and a T....well actually 3 since theres one on each gauntlet lol  so an airtool 3way spliter

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:16 PM »
The kit comes with a single T valve. 2 solenoids would require 2 seperate power sources though right? You would needa way to turn one off and the other on and vice versa. Also you can purge all At once for a good show but run out of co2 fast. I did a non stop purge for a test run, I think it was 15 seconds straight before the cloud disappeared and was just gas after for another 15 seconds. I usually do short purges, 2 seconds or so. The colder the bottle the bigger the cloud.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2014, 12:48 AM »
I was planning on using a neoprene bottle warmer, gives better results with NOS and under the same principal it excites the molecules moving them faster for a bigger show, same reason I run out of welding gas this time of year far faster x.x

As for the seperate solenoids, I'd have one master valve on a regulator, and then a solenoid for each of the 3 branches, I'd only use one at a time so they could all use the same power supply

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2014, 03:48 AM »
Ah ok, I got you. NOS works better warmer? Also NOS is easy too expensive lol

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2014, 12:41 PM »
NOS is also a brand, it works under the same principal, it's a solid that boils well below 0* so as it becomes warmer the molecules become more agitated and come out with much more effect, NOS runs dry or wet, dry like dry ice or as a liquid in the lines injected into the engine except instead of to the engine we run the same setup except into the jetpack thrusters and each gauntlet, both my gauntlets have flaemthrowers and a pair of braided hoses so I would switch to quick-connect airhose fittings off the compression fittings that come on the kit, the n for the control hose that carries the switch wires it'd just be a couple of wires running along the hoses taped together that go to a small terminal block plug like what automotive trailers plug into rate at the licence plate, then i just have the same thing on the ends going to the jetpack so they run up the back of the vest  and out each arm.

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:15 PM »
That sounds badass, expensive though. The rig would cost an arm and leg. My buddy has NOS In his car and the bottles runi believe 600. To be able to have both a jetpack and TWO flame throwers would be amazing! You will have to show me your progress man

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #19 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Well when I make a new jetpack I'll post about it in the MA thread or something lol

« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2014, 07:08 AM »
That sounds badass, expensive though. The rig would cost an arm and leg. My buddy has NOS In his car and the bottles runi believe 600. To be able to have both a jetpack and TWO flame throwers would be amazing! You will have to show me your progress man

Use smaller bottles  :P

Is nitrous legal in cars where you are? In the UK its defo not lol they tried marketing co2 kits as being able to increase the power by charge cooling the air going into the engine via a cooler jacket slapped round the intake but it never really took off.

Dynas

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2014, 10:44 AM »
NOS is legal in the US, Speeding is not  :P

Everything you want to know about NOS and the US can be observed in the FAST and FURIOUS franchise. Cars have 20 gears, constant acceleration and even drift strait aways!  :laugh:

Mark II

Ranok Drakkar

• Fabio the Purple Mando
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2014, 03:15 PM »
NOS is legal here lol but I have never heard of Co2 actually being used to replace NOS. the only thing it does is poof "smoke" to simulate the NOS after purging the system.

Dresdon Acacin

« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2014, 03:59 PM »
It isn't used as anythign injected in the engine it only does the purge to simulate Nos like for people's HondaCivic Ricers

« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2015, 07:28 AM »
It isn't used as anythign injected in the engine it only does the purge to simulate Nos like for people's HondaCivic Ricers

As I said...it was marketed here. Not for injection into the engine though as that'd be really counter productive  :laugh:

The idea was that the intake had a collar round it that you fed co2 through. this acted as coolant to cooler the air and therefore increase its density. The science was right enough but the actual difference made in negligible. Most just used it as fake Nos purges.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!